Your Email Address:

First Name:

cured me, try this, may work for you

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HS

cured me, try this, may work for you

Post by HS »

I've tried a lot of methods of trying to remove halitosis like the rest of the members here, I hope this helps.

I stumbled on this indirectly from meow kitty's method, where she was trying parasite killers for pets, I actually tried her method for a week--> didn't work and discarded, but I did think there was something about parasites, so did a little research and found 'diatomaceous earth food grade' to be used for removing parasites (plenty of vids on youtube about diatomaceous earth).

After just a week my breath was neutralized and no more soury saliva smell.
It may have shreded the parasites or possibly candida that I had in my gut (some tests showed positive for candida, others I had come blank, which is strange). I'm not exactly sure what, but either way it worked for me and luckily it's very cheap to get. I only had 1 spoon/glass of water a day, but it's recommended to have 2x that a day, (morning and night).

Ofcourse, if you have things like sibo/tonsils/adenoids/pnd etc etc, this probably won't help you, but if you have tried many methods and only finding it working temporarily, perhaps this might work for you.

I've waited 2 months before posting this, because I didn't want to get false hopes up, still neutral breath and *NO sour taste/smell in mouth

Oh and yeah, I still DO get build up on the back of the tongue, but not near as much, and it seems to be easier to wipe than it use to be.

Please try for a week or two. I had a chronic halitosis problem for 20+ years, I'm still cautious, I've actually stopped using after 1 month, but will get back on to it when I feel the need. Good luck!
Last edited by HS on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

emotional rescue
Sheriff

Re: cured me, try this, may work for you

Post by emotional rescue »

Great news!

Could you keep us updated to see how it goes?

Do you bought the product online? Do you have a link or something to see the actual product?

Thanks!
HS

Post by HS »

Yeah, still neutral, no sour taste or anything, almost the same feeling as being on antibiotics (triple therapy for hpylori treatment).

As for the product, I bought locally but juts buy any powder form of diatomaceous earth "food grade", there's a lot on amazon. Do NOT breathe through the nose while mixing with water, as it can damage your lungs.

It's quite cheap, try for a week or two, if doesn't improve then probably not the solution for you.

Good luck
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I just ordered some.
When you say 1 spoon/day, do you mean table spoon or tea spoon?
Also, am i understanding you correctly that your breath cleared after 1 week use, and then you stopped taking it completely after 1 month use, and you're still bb free? How long has it been since you last took it?

Thanks
HS

Post by HS »

I started first week with 1 table spoon then used one table spoon after one week. There are many vids on youtube about taking diatomaceous earth, please view a couple. Some recommend taking activated charcoal with it as it absorbs the toxins released but I didn't take any while on treatment.

As said, just used for one month, my breath was neutral around a week of use, but I'd suggest a month use, if doesn't help your halitosis, atleast you got rid of parasites/candida that may have been contributing to your problem.

Yeah, as said on original post, I waited 2 months before posting this, and still breath neutral. I used the powder for one month, just once in the morning, you may want to take the recommended dose of 2x a day (morning and night).

I've tried all, like chlohexidine tongue scraping, hydrogen peroxide etc etc, all had temporary effects for a few hours (which were life savers btw, I found hydrogen peroxide most effective personally).

Oh and when I was on this treatment, I ate some sugary foods, which isn't recommended, like carbonated drinks, chocolates, junk food. But since it worked for me regardless of the diet, I don't know, maybe just try to limit your sugar intake for a while.

good luck.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

HS first I want to congratulate you for solving your problem! It must've been a huge relive for you and life changing event. Now, could you please tell us more about your bb symptoms? For instance, what kind of smells have u suffered from, was it constant, and did you've had nasal breath as well? Any gut related problems with gas, or do you suffer from any kind of stomach problem, like reflux and similar...?
HS

Post by HS »

I think all our symptoms are similar, I thought I had some nasal issues because nasal rinse seemed to help temporarily, but turns out it wasn't the case.

I think the most accurate way of figuring if this might work is if any sort of antibiotics helped reduce your bb.
Metronidazole or triple therapy for hpylori eradication seemed to reduce my bb while on those pills. Though its results reduced overtime.
Do know though, that antibiotics shouldn't be used over a long period of time, as your body can become immune to it.

I had soury taste in mouth and lots of white/yellowish build up back of tongue like the most of you. Now the sour taste is gone, the build up is still there but reduced.

It's a cheap method, unless you have several reasons behind your bb such as wisdom teeth, pnd, tonsils etc, just try it out, only 10 bucks, you should see the results in a week or two.

good luck
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Just bought a pack yesterday! Will try this and report back :)
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

@HS did you experience any side effects while taking it? And did you just drink it on its own or did you drink it along with a meal?

I started this since Saturday night; 1 TBS twice a day. Things seemed to be going fine but I fell extremely ill today; I'm going to take a break tonight and downgrade to just 1TeaSpoon a day. I did google and saw posts saying flu like symptoms might just mean the yeast & bacteria are dying off. Do you think this could be the case? Or what would you suggest to lessen any side effects? thanks
HS

Post by HS »

no side effects for me, but I was on 1 Teaspoon a day in the morning, on an empty stomach, before any meals when I did it, I suggested 2 because that is the normal route.

Definitely sounds like your having built up bacteria and toxins shredded and it's going through your body, best would be to drink a lot of water and flush it out. You could take activated charcoal with your routine (it will soak up the released toxins), but I didn't suggest this because I didn't use charcoal and I'm not sure if it's as effective or not (just stated a method that worked for me). If you keep feeling sick, try the charcoal too.

I would keep to it, maybe just do 1 per day, after a week I increased the dosage to 1 table spoon from 1 teaspoon a day, maybe go with that (when your not having any more flu like symptoms).

Did you have any relief when trying antibiotics in the past? if you had, then this may be the solution. If not, there's probably another cause for your symptoms, it's finding out what it is, that's the hard part.

GL

[Edit:] just saw your tag, looks like we did similar procedures, I had wisdom teeth taken out, salivary gland and tonsils too, did nothing for me and still had the soury taste in mouth, even had a deviated septum fixed thinking it was PND of some sort but nada. I feel confident this may be your cure because you were thorough with eliminating the possible causes, let me know how it goes and good luck!
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

@HS thanks for the response! Yes, I'm going to do just 1 teaspoon with a meal with lots of water and hopefully itll be fine from now on. I don't specifically remember antibiotics helping me in the past but it does sound like we have many of the same symptoms - mainly the sour taste.

Even if this doesn't cure my BB, I definitely now realize there is clearly something wrong with my body because of all the shocking "stuff" that's coming out :oops: Sorry to be TMI, but its kinda similar to the pictures meowkitty was posting. So at the very least, I can get rid of any toxins in my body
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

HS wrote:no side effects for me, but I was on 1 Teaspoon a day in the morning, on an empty stomach, before any meals when I did it, I suggested 2 because that is the normal route.
A couple of posts up where i asked you, you said you took 1 tablespoon per day. Now you say teaspoon. So which was it?
I took 2-3 tablespoons a day for about 3 weeks, nothing happened. I hope it will work better for others.
HS

Post by HS »

@stillhoping, take it on an empty stomache, BEFORE your meal. I don't think it's the stuff meowkitty was talking about (she also had some weird things on that FB page that didn't really relate to bb and advised NOT to use dm earth on her thread, luckily I ignored that part), its more probably because of candida (though candida diet didn't help me in the past). I had a stool test done before and showed some candida albicians and no parasites. Whatever it is, DM earth shreds both parasites and candida. I highly advise looking up diatomaceous earth on youtube for tips/advice.

@dead; yeah I'm taking 1 table spoon per day, but when I started it was 1 teaspoon per day for 7 days, it should tell you the instructions when you buy it, I didn't do anything fancy, taking 1 table spoon per day is probably better, not worse unless you have too much toxins released, which was the case for stillhoping. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, but there are too many causes for bb so it would be wrong for me to say this is a cure for all.

I think I listed most on the first post, but check for things like sibo, h pylori, wisdom teeth, adenoids, tonsils, PND as well as checking up on causes stated by Dr Murat. I'm sure there are many other causes for it, I just stated what I could remember on top of my head as I'm typing this.
If still a really bad issue, just use hydrogen peroxide mixed with water and clean your tongue with it by putting it on your tongue cleaner, it should clean your breath for a good few hours temporarily (look it up on google for proper water/hydrogen peroxide ratio).

[edit] @dead, read below your post, seems I already answered that..
HS wrote:I started first week with 1 table spoon then used one table spoon after one week. There are many vids on youtube about taking diatomaceous earth, please view a couple. Some recommend taking activated charcoal with it as it absorbs the toxins released but I didn't take any while on treatment.
blessedrich

Post by blessedrich »

Hi HS.

I order some diatomaceous earth to try.

I also get relief from antibiotics. If i take the triple therapy I am able to get relief for about 6months to a year sometimes but i cannot continue since i have seen its potency come down and when it comes back it is stronger than it was before. I actually changed job thinking I am cured and i am ready for a new chapter in life.

I am just curious. Does lack of sleep or fasting increase your bb?
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

HS wrote:@dead; yeah I'm taking 1 table spoon per day, but when I started it was 1 teaspoon per day for 7 days, it should tell you the instructions when you buy it, I didn't do anything fancy, taking 1 table spoon per day is probably better, not worse unless you have too much toxins released, which was the case for stillhoping. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, but there are too many causes for bb so it would be wrong for me to say this is a cure for all.

I think I listed most on the first post, but check for things like sibo, h pylori, wisdom teeth, adenoids, tonsils, PND as well as checking up on causes stated by Dr Murat. I'm sure there are many other causes for it, I just stated what I could remember on top of my head as I'm typing this.
If still a really bad issue, just use hydrogen peroxide mixed with water and clean your tongue with it by putting it on your tongue cleaner, it should clean your breath for a good few hours temporarily (look it up on google for proper water/hydrogen peroxide ratio).
Thanks, i have already checked for all those causes except SIBO, so i guess that could be worth looking into next.
I can clean my tongue and get rid of the coating for a few hours, but the problem is that there is still a smell coming from further down my throat, that i can't get rid of even for a second, no matter how much i clean or use mouth washes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic