Your Email Address:

First Name:

OMG im almost cured. Must read!!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Johnv713
Advanced
Re: OMG im almost cured. Must read!!!

Post by Johnv713 »

Yup , the maker of K12 and M18 claims the bacteria produces antibiotic naturally and that in turn kills the bad guys. Well it aint strong enough that's for sure. And here I was jumping for joy cuz i thought i found a cure. Too good to be true. Now back to my BLEEPING life ](*,)

Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Update for those interested.

Ok my last bout with the probiotics worked great for a couple of months then the bad ,existing bacteria in my mouth adapt thereby rendering the pills ineffective. I think i may have had the threaded superbugs.

Fast forward a few weeks later, i decided to give it another go. I wanted to get rid of the bad guys and re start the probiotics again , this time i used a waterpik to remove the vsc bacteria in my gum pockets. By doing so i was able to start a colony without the superbug building up a resistant like last time.

I find mixing sea salt, tumeric powder, hydrogen peroxide, or baking soda with water into the reservoir very helpful. The powerful water jet eradicate food and bacteria between the gum and teeth. The combination of a waterpik and the pills is finally working for me. I wake up with very little morning breath and it stays fresh pretty much all day.

Hope this helps someone.
blessedrich

Post by blessedrich »

Johnv713 wrote:Update for those interested.

Ok my last bout with the probiotics worked great for a couple of months then the bad ,existing bacteria in my mouth adapt thereby rendering the pills ineffective. I think i may have had the threaded superbugs.

Fast forward a few weeks later, i decided to give it another go. I wanted to get rid of the bad guys and re start the probiotics again , this time i used a waterpik to remove the vsc bacteria in my gum pockets. By doing so i was able to start a colony without the superbug building up a resistant like last time.

I find mixing sea salt, tumeric powder, hydrogen peroxide, or baking soda with water into the reservoir very helpful. The powerful water jet eradicate food and bacteria between the gum and teeth. The combination of a waterpik and the pills is finally working for me. I wake up with very little morning breath and it stays fresh pretty much all day.

Hope this helps someone.
I have been wondering why i get opposite effects with some of these methods.

Example I have been using waterpik for the past week and my BB is worse. I wonder if it is because i have dislodged some bacteria colony. I think hydrogen peroxide helps but I get sore gums when i used hydrogen peroxide and my BB gets worse when i have sore gums. But i feel my mouth is very clean when i use hydrogen peroxide.

I mix 15ml of HP with 600ml of water.

Also the probiotics was working when i started using them but now my BB get worse instantly when i use them. I was begging to think that the bottle i had was contaminated.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

I'd recommend using a waterpik religiously at least 2x a day at low power2-4) I have a tooth way in the back that smell really bad until i started the waterpik. It flushed out the bacteria and not a "smidgen" of odor :) In the past, my bb get worse immediately right after i brushed and scraped my toungue (weird) I attributed that to not getting to the source which is below the gum line where the bacteria colonized. The water pik took care of that. Perhaps youre not targeting the root of your problem? Try aiming the tip under your toungue, cheeks, to tonsils etc.

Have you try diluting vinegar with water or tea tree oil?
everhopeful81

Post by everhopeful81 »

Hi Johnv - Firstly many thanks for your posts - very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Can you please give me the exact name of the dental propbiotic you are taking? Please send to [email protected]

Many thanks!
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

I find the combination of the probiotics, called Pro-Dental, and a waterpik works wonders. I think it's extremely prudent to use both if you can afford them as they form a 1,2 punch against bb. BOL!!
Obsessed
Total Newbie

Post by Obsessed »

Checking back in to say that it's still decent at managing my breath (as far as I can tell -- just going by how white my tongue is and how bitter the taste is in my mouth). Along with drinking water and chewing some gum throughout the day, I don't really think about my BB much any more.

BB probably has multiple causes but I strongly recommend you try a probiotic if you haven't done so. The pro-dental one that's $24 for a 45 day supply on amazon has worked for me, as did another.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Im uber stoked that it's working for you =D> It worked wonders for a couple of months then its effect diminished over time. However, i still use it here and there along with my waterpik which made a great combination in managing my bb.
compor
Advanced

Post by compor »

I also tried pro-dental, purchased 3 boxes. At first it was like a miracle but just like Johnv713 said, it became less and less effective over time.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Compor, do you own a waterpik?
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

Hey John what do you use water pic for and do u put dental probiotic mixture in water pick?
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

crazy4it wrote:Hey John what do you use water pic for and do u put dental probiotic mixture in water pick?

I'm glad you asked. My bb is from over abundance of bac in my mouth, by using a water pic i was able to manually remove them thus creating more room for the probiotics to colonize.

I dont use any probiotics directly into the waterpik's tank. In the past i used to mix a bit of vinegar, baking soda, or tumeric powder. Now i only use tap water, nothing else.
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

Johnv713 wrote:
crazy4it wrote:Hey John what do you use water pic for and do u put dental probiotic mixture in water pick?

I'm glad you asked. My bb is from over abundance of bac in my mouth, by using a water pic i was able to manually remove them thus creating more room for the probiotics to colonize.

I dont use any probiotics directly into the waterpik's tank. In the past i used to mix a bit of vinegar, baking soda, or tumeric powder. Now i only use tap water, nothing else.
I mean do you use it in between ur teeth?
compor
Advanced

Post by compor »

Johnv713 wrote:Compor, do you own a waterpik?
Nope, never tried a waterpik.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

No i just pop one and let it melt on my tounge or cheeks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic