Your Email Address:

First Name:

Therabreath products in-depth review

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Attraction
Advanced

Therabreath products in-depth review

Post by Attraction »

I have been using various Therabreath product for a few months now.

Some of them are great, some OK, and others useless.

Here are the ones I have used so far:

Regular mouthwash
PLUS mouthwash
Gum
Oral probiotics
Lozenges
PLUS toothpaste

Regular mouthwash

Not recommended. Without going into too much detail, there is no point in buying this when you can get the extra-stength for a few bucks more. It will work for a while, but eventually the bacteria will adapt and you'll need to get the PLUS anyway.

PLUS mouthwash

This stuff is great. Don't get me wrong - it doesn't last very long after a while. I had an idea to remove the label from a water bottle and fill it with this stuff, as it is clear like water and 100% safe to ingest. However, after a month of doing this, while it was extremely discreet, the bacteria in my throat began adapting and now it has become less effective. Therefore, I would recommend to avoid swallowing this stuff more than once per week.

Gum

OK. It doesn't produce saliva as advertised - in fact, the opposite. It dries my mouth out after 5 minutes of chewing, which leads to even worse breath. However, the taste is good and it does help for a few minutes if you need a boost.

Oral probiotics

Don't waste your money. I'm not saying oral probiotics can't help, but I used a couple of boxes of these ones and there was no effect. Perhaps a different brand?

Lozenges

Hands down the BEST product of the lot. By far the most effective, these lozenges produce lots of saliva which helps to naturally clean the mouth. Sometimes there is so much I can swallow a big gulp and feel my mouth getting cleaned. 1 box of 100 is $9.99, or something close to that. The downside is while they clean the mouth and provide a potent scent to mask bb, they don't last very long - about 5 minutes. If you constantly work in close quarters, you might spend $5+/day on them. I would recommend this product, or something similar with a lower price.

PLUS toothpaste

Good. I don't know how much more effective it is than normal toothpaste, but I would certainly guess that it is better overall based on my experience. We all need to use toothpaste anyways, you might want to consider using this stuff.

- - - END - - -

I hope this post helps at least 1 person. You might be thinking "my breath is so bad, this stuff only works for people like you who don't have it as bad", actually, even with immaculate hygiene, my bb is barely maskable for even 10 minutes using all of the tools in my possession. I just wanted to write this post to help the community by providing more knowledge which might not have been well known.

With all of that said, the only product I would really recommend are the saliva lozenges. Even if/when my bb is cured, I will still use these or a similar product to make up for all the people who had to smell me for almost a decade.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for reading :)
Last edited by Attraction on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Therabreath products in-depth review

Post by Jimi Stein »

I am glad somebody still loves Halitomafia products :)
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Post by Lifelongsufferer »

Jimi, did you actually even read his post? He's just giving an honest opinion, which isn't overly positive. Chill out!
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery
Visited 3+ ENTs & 2 gastros.
Diagnosed w/ SIBO (hydrogen test)
Peroxide, metronidazole and Sodium Hypochlorite all worked for 2 weeks.

FODMAP, vegan and candida diet tried. Slight improvement.
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

Lifelongsufferer wrote:Jimi, did you actually even read his post? He's just giving an honest opinion, which isn't overly positive. Chill out!
Thank you I only recommend 1 product, the lozenges. I will be using these even if/when my bad breath is cured as they cleanse the mouth naturally and provide a great scent. None of the other products are extremely effective.

They are relatively low-priced, especially with a promo code (I found one). You can get 1,000 lozenges for under $100 with the coupon.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

I agree with Jimi

Their products are either trash or have low potency to have any long term positive effect.
impactdial

Post by impactdial »

Johnv713 wrote:I agree with Jimi

Their products are either trash or have low potency to have any long term positive effect.
Yeah, I haven't used their products but honestly, if impeccable cleaning routines do not work I cant see how a mouthwash like that would. I see it as useful for "normal" levels of bad breath which is most likely down to a poor oral hygiene routine and so there is a bit of build up.....rather than a full blown issue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic