Your Email Address:

First Name:

Brush behind THE FLAP!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
curebringer
Total Newbie

Brush behind THE FLAP!

Post by curebringer »

Okay, I posted a topic before saying I'm cured by simply vigorously brushing tongue as far back as possible. That was actually true because I spent like 10 min doing it every time, but not so much because of the tongue being cleaned (although it's important) but beacuse I was unconciously dispelling all the shit in the back of the throat and BEHIND THE FLAPS ON SIDES OF THE MOUTH as well.

Mind you, I got my tonsils out when I was a kid, so maybe it's not the same for others, but I have a lot of empty space there for food and mucus to situate.

There was a thread before by some German guy about using the electric brush to clean that area behind the flaps because a lot of mucus and food particles can get stuck there. I can't find it now but perhaps someone can link it if they know. But it was silly to me because he mentioned he got fungus there, and I don't think that't the case, it's just stale mucus and you have to do this regularly to get it out.

Why did I remember to do this?

Because I got awful smell today despite using baking soda to clean my whole mouth, tongue, throat, even drinking some. I ate CABBAGE STEW 2 days ago and that awful smell has stayed with me ever since. So where the ***k could it be coming from? I got a flashlight and started looking at my back teeth because my gums are a bit sensitive in that region. Here comes my EURECA MOMENT! I flashed the area behind the flaps and noticed that one side was visibly more WHITE. Coincidently, that side of my mouth was giving more of the fishy/cabbagey smell than the other side which looked normal.

So that's obviously mucus. I took my electric brush and cleaned that whole are. Took me about 20 seconds. I got out some yellowish mucus out and now I FEEL that the area is empty, and the smell is gone. It's also not white any more.

What I did just a moment ago was eat a piece of cake and observed the chewed particles on my tongue and the sensation that I have of the food and where it's going. I saw some of it was on the sides of the tongue where the flaps are, so obviously some of the food falls in that flap/tongue region and doesn't move for a long time, probably gets stuck in the mucus (I have PND).

What you need to do to clean this area is put your tongue out so that area opens, and use an electric tootbrush (you can't do it with a manual one) behind the flaps. Be gentle.

I think this will help a lot of people! Like I said, I'm not the one to discover this, it's the German guy, but his reasoning about fungus was just irrational. So I hope this will serve as a good reminder for the method.

Let me know if it works.