Your Email Address:

First Name:

A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Attraction
Advanced

Re: Cure....

Post by Attraction »

Lifelongsufferer wrote:
Attraction wrote: Get off this fake cure thread and checkout the 2 proven cures I just posted. Water fasting has significantly improved my bb. When there is no food for bacteria to eat, they disappear. My tonsils used to smell 24/7 and now they don't smell AT ALL. I used to get sinus bb and now it's gone. My tongue is still white, but 20-30% less than before. I still have bb, but my oral hygiene has been absolutely terrible (I am staying inside during my fast, so I don't really do any oral hygiene unless i'm going out).

I went out a couple of days ago and used bleach mouthwash (as well as brushing, etc. of course) and to my surprise had 0 bb for about 20 minutes. That has NEVER happened before. After 20 minutes, it came back and I got a reaction.

If my oral hygiene was consistent (bleach daily, etc.) it is more likely the bb would be even less.
So, Attraction, you've not eaten for 14(?) days and you still have bad breath but if you rinse your mouth with bleach it's gone for 20 minutes? 20 minutes, seriously? You've gone a whole two weeks without food just to get 20 minutes of fresh breath...

What would you suggest we all do, not eat for the rest of our lives? I have tried to be pleasant but you are becoming intolerable. Please refrain from posting on this thread.
This is my last post on this thread. Not because of your request, but I want to avoid getting into a pointless argument.

The guy who created this thread just wants you all to click... That's why he wrote "Cure" as the title when it really isn't proven to be a cure. He knows this. However, he wants you to write to his doctor so HE can get this procedure done AT YOUR EXPENSE (wasted time). It very well might be a cure, and there is nothing wrong with the thread AT ALL. I just feel it is disrespectful to mislead people in an attempt to cure your bb.

Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Re: Cure....

Post by Lifelongsufferer »

Attraction wrote: This is my last post on this thread. Not because of your request, but I want to avoid getting into a pointless argument.

The guy who created this thread just wants you all to click... That's why he wrote "Cure" as the title when it really isn't proven to be a cure. He knows this. However, he wants you to write to his doctor so HE can get this procedure done AT YOUR EXPENSE (wasted time). It very well might be a cure, and there is nothing wrong with the thread AT ALL. I just feel it is disrespectful to mislead people in an attempt to cure your bb.
Of course I want a cure, don't we all!? I genuinely believe that this could be IT for many of us.

Taking 10 minutes to share our stories which could lead to research that will cure thousands of people of a debilitating condition is hardly a waste of time.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from many more of you and I hope that we can make this happen together! =D>
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery
Visited 3+ ENTs & 2 gastros.
Diagnosed w/ SIBO (hydrogen test)
Peroxide, metronidazole and Sodium Hypochlorite all worked for 2 weeks.

FODMAP, vegan and candida diet tried. Slight improvement.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Re: A potential cure

Good news!

I contacted Alex with StillHoping's story and he replied to tell me that he had received 3 other stories this week. That's 5 in total (including myself)!

I hope that more of you will be encouraged to do the same, I would assume the more people they realise this affects the more chance we have that they will take us seriously.

Goodnight guys

Lifelong
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Re: A potential cure (fecal transplant)

The topic of this post was changed to "A Potential Cure", which i have no problem with, but now it has been changed again to "Fecal transplant" which isn't even what the post is about.

Not sure who to contact about this but can someone please change it? Thanks :D
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

i changed it, isnt it about fecal transplant?
We have too many cure posts....we need to put more description in the titles..
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Hi Jimi,

Please change it to "Potential Cure: Oral Microbiota Transplant"

It would be great if you could share your story too! I only joined in 2013 so although I know you created this site I don't know much about you and your symptoms etc. I can send your story over to the researchers if you'd like.

Thanks
Lifelong
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I changed this yesterday to "Potential cure". Jimi then added the fecal transplant part. But I think it needs to be "oral microbiota transplant". Fecal transplant relates to the gut. This is about the mouth and oral microbiota.

Hope it can work
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

halitosisux wrote:I changed this yesterday to "Potential cure". Jimi then added the fecal transplant part. But I think it needs to be "oral microbiota transplant". Fecal transplant relates to the gut. This is about the mouth and oral microbiota.

Hope it can work
Hey Halitosisux!

Good to have you back :)

Are you still cured?
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Hope90
Total Newbie
Re: A potential cure (Oral Microbiota Transplant)

Post by Hope90 »

Hey Lifelongsufferer,
do you still have SIBO? Wouldnt that be the cause of your bad breath if you tested positive to SIBO? Do you have PND as well?
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Hope90 wrote:Hey Lifelongsufferer,
do you still have SIBO? Wouldnt that be the cause of your bad breath if you tested positive to SIBO? Do you have PND as well?
Hey Hope,

I was diagnosed with SIBO by hydrogen breath test in Marh this year and subsequently treated with a course of rifaximin. I also followed a FODMAP diet, but experienced no relief in my bad breath either while on the antibiotics or afterwards.

I read that SIBO can cause bad breath because of the release of gasses by the bacteria which doesn't fit with the type of bad breath I have (smelly saliva, bad taste etc) and I believe the type of bad breath caused by SIBO would remain undetectable to the individual. I can taste/smell my own breath.

My thinking is this: we all know people with with bad teeth, post nasal drip or gastrointestinal issues etc. But the majority of these people do not have chronic halitosis. This is why I believe that we have a bacterial imbalance which may cause our bad breath to be exacerbated by any of these symptoms, but also explains why other people with the same issues to not suffer from halitosis
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Does anybody else have a story they'd like to share about how BB has affected them, or even a short paragraph?

I've sent some over to Alex already and he had already received some but I really think the more of us there are the more seriously this will be taken.

I don't know how many people use this board but it must be in the thousands, it's a shame we can't all band together and force people to listen to us.
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Hope90
Total Newbie

Post by Hope90 »

Oh ok, this is so damn complicated ay. I have post nasal drip, and thats the cause of my bad breath, cause i didn't have bad breath before it. Ive tried a lot of things over the last 7 years to try and get rid of the drip, but still failed. Ive had a few surgeries, tried all the sprays etc. Things i havent tried yet though is getting tested for H pylori,Candida, SIBO, LPR. So i still got a long way to try and pinpoint where the drip is coming from. Sucks bad. Did metronidazole cure your breath while you were on it? Or did it not help? And have you tried mouth wash with Hydrogen Peroxide? Did that help?
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Sorry guys, I haven't been here for a while due to Christmas etc.

Metronidazole eradicated my BB 100% while I was takin it and I experienced relief for almost a week after I finished the 2 week course. From a mental health aspect it was very depressing for the BB to return, but during he 3 weeks I had no BB I felt like a normal person again and it was amazing! It gave me a renewed drive and hope to find a cure because I was reminded just how great life can be when you're not suffering from this horrendous condition.

I've also been in contact with this scientist again and he has told me that he has been speaking to a company who might take on his case and push for trials.

Who knows? Maybe 2017 could be the year we find a solution!

Lifelong
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

That's also what I've noticed all along, chronic BB is usually caused by bacterial imbalance, because whatever we do, we can't get rid of it, and only antibiotics can make a difference. Metronidazol eradicated the smell of my saliva when I tried it, I woke up and licked my wrist and no smell, but the air that I breathe still stinks. I think it's worth sharing our stories, since if there are more complainants, then they will be more compelled to research our case. I will send my story too when I get on a PC.
Norman

Post by Norman »

well this isnt hard actually just go to someoe with fresh breath and ask him or her to spit alot in your mouth

and if your too embarrased just go to a red lite district and ask some girl about that you shouldnt be ebarrased to ask this to someone that isnt embarrased to sell her own body .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic