Your Email Address:

First Name:

Drying out sinuses? And one more thing!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
curebringer
Total Newbie

Drying out sinuses? And one more thing!

Post by curebringer »

What do you think about drying sinuses instead of irrigating them. I've noticed my bad breath sometimes gets worse when neti potting because it makes the mucus go down my throat and creates even more PND. When I'm sick my nose clogs up so the mucus is not dripping into my throat and I usually don't have bad breath on these rare occassions. So it might be beneficial to actually use a hair drier and blow the sinuses to make them dry out instead of giving the slime an easier way to drip.

I actually have a "lamp" that my mom bought a long time ago, which gives out some "polarizing light"... anyway, it's supposed to cure everything you want, but I think its quackery. She urged me to use it on my sinuses because I was insinuating some bb sinus related "issues". So I've noticed it has a drying effect because the light is warm and you almost put the lamp on your skin. I didn't have almost any PND feeling in mouth (except for some on soft palate) and noticed that it was much drier then usual. But the problem is I wasn't in a situation to test if it helps yet in regards to bb. So I'll do that, just wanted to give you an idea, maybe someone can try with a drier and report back as well.

Other question is, can you actually smell the bb coming from PND/tongue with your mouth closed? I can smell it every time I'm in a stressful situation longer than a few minutes. I think my breathing becomes weird and I actually focus on my throat at the time. Then I get all sorts of smells, especially if I have a lot of PND in my throat like in the mornings. I'm wondering whether I'm actually creating the bb by breathing that way or I just become more aware of it on those occassions. Because no one at home complains about me having bb, nor is it a problem in most situations apart from those "silent classroom" kind of situations where your every move is evaluated. Unfortunately there is no avoiding them. Maybe then I don't swallow as frequently and the mucus doesn't get washed frequently enough so it releases the stench which is usually controlled by swallowing saliva. Today I realised the same thing was happening so I tried to change my breathing to normal and simply not focus on the bb and throat. Maybe it helped, not sure. It's hard to evaluate when you're already in a fight or flight mode.