Your Email Address:

First Name:

Temporary cure through metronidazole

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DanielPine
Advanced
Temporary cure through metronidazole

Post by DanielPine »

A few years ago I was prescribed a 1 week course of metronidazole by my doctor for this bad breath issue. To my surprise, it actually worked while I was on it, but the bb came back a few days later. I told my doctor and she gave my a 2 week course, but it also came back afterwards.

The bb was totally gone, 100%, completely cured while I was on the antibiotic. I have been given another 2 week course which I haven't started yet because I don't see the point if it is going to come back. However, I feel this is a useful lead. I have no idea where to go from here.

Dead
Advanced
Re: Temporary cure through metronidazole

Post by Dead »

And so is the case for almost all of us. If you figure it out let us know.

I can think of a couple of possibilities. It could be that the antibiotic is simply unable to fully eradicate the responsible bacteria, so that they manages to keep growing back and once again establish ecological dominance. If this is the case, then i believe the cure would likely be an "Oral microbiota transplant". See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6639

Another possibility is that we have hidden local infections, or trapped bacteria somewhere that drains into our mouths. The Antibiotic kills off the bacteria in our mouths, temporarily eliminating the bb, but as soon as you stop taking it they will just drain back again. It could be from for example a cyst hidden somewhere, as was the case for 9years and mindyb on this forum. Or from hidden calcifications somewhere (e.g tonsil stones). One person on curezone.com had "red juicy spots" in his esophagus which turned out to be the cause. They did a culture and once they put him on the right antibiotic they managed to get rid of it permanently.

There are also people here who have been cured by getting rid of h.pylori. Metronidazole is active against them so maybe look into that if you haven't already.
Attraction
Advanced

Re: Temporary cure through metronidazole

Post by Attraction »

DanielPine wrote:A few years ago I was prescribed a 1 week course of metronidazole by my doctor for this bad breath issue. To my surprise, it actually worked while I was on it, but the bb came back a few days later. I told my doctor and she gave my a 2 week course, but it also came back afterwards.

The bb was totally gone, 100%, completely cured while I was on the antibiotic. I have been given another 2 week course which I haven't started yet because I don't see the point if it is going to come back. However, I feel this is a useful lead. I have no idea where to go from here.
Tell your doctor in 2 weeks you finished and want to try again. When she gives you another 2 weeks then take 4x the regular dose in 1 week.

Than again you might not want to. I have just been thinking of this method myself and been too worried that it will backfire and make it worse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic