Your Email Address:

First Name:

Update

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sreid643

Update

Post by sreid643 »

Hey all. I posted on this site 3 years ago and haven't posted since then. Just wanted to vent and share my journey within those three years. In my previous posts I was still in high school and just recently graduated. Yay! I honestly never thought I would get to that point without having a major breakdown but I did. Anyway my senior year was actually pretty good. I perfected my daily routine and was actually feeling better about myself that year. Even though I still had bad breath, it was not as bad or at least that's what I thought and I decided that I was going to enjoy my year and make the most of it. I'm really glad I did and was genuinely happy. I still had anxiety about being in close proximity to people and all that but it wasn't as bad as it was when I first noticed I had bad breath. So now I'm a freshman in college and have kind of back tracked a little from feeling my best and making the most of my college experience. I don't know. I feel like in college it's like you're older so you're expected to have your hygiene down and not smell bad but low and behold I'm that girl who "doesn't take care of herself". Like in my senior year, I perfected my routine even more but still my bad breath continues. No one is as cruel as people were in high school but still I just know what they're thinking. I want to be able to make friends and particpiate in the lectures but I'm just too insecure and worried about my bad breath. I still have the anxiety and always run home after class to avoid being around people. Luckily I get out pretty early so there's not too many people around and there's always a place for me to hide and be alone in between classes. I really want to solve this problem so that I can stop feeling this way and being alone all the time. Especially in college it's really easy to feel so alone and isolated. Thankfully, I'm not depressed like I was when I wrote my previous posts. I'm glad to have moved on from that but every now and then I'll get that hopeless feeling and slip into my old ways but then I realize that I have improved and try to be positive. Before I could never pinpoint where my bad breath was coming from but this time I'm almost positive I know what is causing it. All this time I thought my bad breath was coming from my tounge or back of my throat but it's actually from my wisdom teeth. When I run my fingers along the gums of my wisdom teeth it smells like poop and it's only ever my bottom two teeth. I try to clean there as best as I can but it doesn't really work. I went to the dentist but they said I couldn't get them out because they haven't grown in fully. But today my jaw hurts so bad and the smell is the worst it has been & my mouth felt sooo terrible and smelly today and I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about going back but since I went so recently I don't know how that works out with my insurance. But yeah I just wanted to update everyone on how I was if anyone cared lol.
Oh and I also had braces three years ago but they have been removed and it's easier to floss but the bad breath was still there so I know it wasn't my braces. But yeah I might come back with another update if I have a meltdown lol or if anything happens with my wisdom teeth.

winter
Sheriff

Re: Update

Post by winter »

Any nasal BB? I'm trying to figure out if teeth problem can cause nasal BB too.
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

sreid643 wrote:Before I could never pinpoint where my bad breath was coming from but this time I'm almost positive I know what is causing it. All this time I thought my bad breath was coming from my tounge or back of my throat but it's actually from my wisdom teeth. When I run my fingers along the gums of my wisdom teeth it smells like poop and it's only ever my bottom two teeth. I try to clean there as best as I can but it doesn't really work.
Great!

You know the source or at least a source of your bad breath. I recently had all 4 of my Wisdom Teeth pulled which significantly reduced my bad breath. Here is the thing. I could only seen the bottom 2 teeth and they looked "normal". However, they were mostly covered by gums & when I actually got to see them... they are BLACK. Like very, very black and they have holes in the sides and deep cavities. The gums were also infected underneath them. I really think it is a good idea to get yours removed asap.

P.S. Ask to keep the X-ray from your Wisdom Teeth surgery. Give it to your dentist. He will tell you if you have hidden cavities or additional infections. Get that done as well!
sreid643

Post by sreid643 »

winter wrote:Any nasal BB? I'm trying to figure out if teeth problem can cause nasal BB too.

Sorry for not responding sooner. But from what I can tell I don’t have nasal BB. If I shut my mouth really tight & breathe heavily through my nose I don’t smell anything like I do when my mouth is open & I breathe heavily.
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

sreid643 wrote:
winter wrote:Any nasal BB? I'm trying to figure out if teeth problem can cause nasal BB too.

Sorry for not responding sooner. But from what I can tell I don’t have nasal BB. If I shut my mouth really tight & breathe heavily through my nose I don’t smell anything like I do when my mouth is open & I breathe heavily.
I did have nasal BB. My whole esophagus/mouth/nose was HOT. And I had a lot of issues:

-Rotten Wisdom Teeth (all 4) | 20%
-Infected Root Canal | 15%
-3 Cavities | 5%
-Infected tonsils w/ tonsil stones | 60%

The percentages indicate the contribution level to my basketball-court-filling bad breath.
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

sreid643 wrote:Hey all. I posted on this site 3 years ago and haven't posted since then. Just wanted to vent and share my journey within those three years. In my previous posts I was still in high school and just recently graduated. Yay! I honestly never thought I would get to that point without having a major breakdown but I did. Anyway my senior year was actually pretty good. I perfected my daily routine and was actually feeling better about myself that year. Even though I still had bad breath, it was not as bad or at least that's what I thought and I decided that I was going to enjoy my year and make the most of it. I'm really glad I did and was genuinely happy. I still had anxiety about being in close proximity to people and all that but it wasn't as bad as it was when I first noticed I had bad breath. So now I'm a freshman in college and have kind of back tracked a little from feeling my best and making the most of my college experience. I don't know. I feel like in college it's like you're older so you're expected to have your hygiene down and not smell bad but low and behold I'm that girl who "doesn't take care of herself". Like in my senior year, I perfected my routine even more but still my bad breath continues. No one is as cruel as people were in high school but still I just know what they're thinking. I want to be able to make friends and particpiate in the lectures but I'm just too insecure and worried about my bad breath. I still have the anxiety and always run home after class to avoid being around people. Luckily I get out pretty early so there's not too many people around and there's always a place for me to hide and be alone in between classes. I really want to solve this problem so that I can stop feeling this way and being alone all the time. Especially in college it's really easy to feel so alone and isolated. Thankfully, I'm not depressed like I was when I wrote my previous posts. I'm glad to have moved on from that but every now and then I'll get that hopeless feeling and slip into my old ways but then I realize that I have improved and try to be positive. Before I could never pinpoint where my bad breath was coming from but this time I'm almost positive I know what is causing it. All this time I thought my bad breath was coming from my tounge or back of my throat but it's actually from my wisdom teeth. When I run my fingers along the gums of my wisdom teeth it smells like poop and it's only ever my bottom two teeth. I try to clean there as best as I can but it doesn't really work. I went to the dentist but they said I couldn't get them out because they haven't grown in fully. But today my jaw hurts so bad and the smell is the worst it has been & my mouth felt sooo terrible and smelly today and I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about going back but since I went so recently I don't know how that works out with my insurance. But yeah I just wanted to update everyone on how I was if anyone cared lol.
Oh and I also had braces three years ago but they have been removed and it's easier to floss but the bad breath was still there so I know it wasn't my braces. But yeah I might come back with another update if I have a meltdown lol or if anything happens with my wisdom teeth.
Congratulations on getting through high school! I am just a step ahead as i am graduating university in a month. If your wisdom teeth is the problem, would you remove them? There has been success with that in the past. What odour would you say your bb is?

Good luck! Glad to hear you are feeling better than before. I am going through a similar slump after having a good couple of years as well.
sreid643

Post by sreid643 »

pepper234 wrote:
sreid643 wrote:Hey all. I posted on this site 3 years ago and haven't posted since then. Just wanted to vent and share my journey within those three years. In my previous posts I was still in high school and just recently graduated. Yay! I honestly never thought I would get to that point without having a major breakdown but I did. Anyway my senior year was actually pretty good. I perfected my daily routine and was actually feeling better about myself that year. Even though I still had bad breath, it was not as bad or at least that's what I thought and I decided that I was going to enjoy my year and make the most of it. I'm really glad I did and was genuinely happy. I still had anxiety about being in close proximity to people and all that but it wasn't as bad as it was when I first noticed I had bad breath. So now I'm a freshman in college and have kind of back tracked a little from feeling my best and making the most of my college experience. I don't know. I feel like in college it's like you're older so you're expected to have your hygiene down and not smell bad but low and behold I'm that girl who "doesn't take care of herself". Like in my senior year, I perfected my routine even more but still my bad breath continues. No one is as cruel as people were in high school but still I just know what they're thinking. I want to be able to make friends and particpiate in the lectures but I'm just too insecure and worried about my bad breath. I still have the anxiety and always run home after class to avoid being around people. Luckily I get out pretty early so there's not too many people around and there's always a place for me to hide and be alone in between classes. I really want to solve this problem so that I can stop feeling this way and being alone all the time. Especially in college it's really easy to feel so alone and isolated. Thankfully, I'm not depressed like I was when I wrote my previous posts. I'm glad to have moved on from that but every now and then I'll get that hopeless feeling and slip into my old ways but then I realize that I have improved and try to be positive. Before I could never pinpoint where my bad breath was coming from but this time I'm almost positive I know what is causing it. All this time I thought my bad breath was coming from my tounge or back of my throat but it's actually from my wisdom teeth. When I run my fingers along the gums of my wisdom teeth it smells like poop and it's only ever my bottom two teeth. I try to clean there as best as I can but it doesn't really work. I went to the dentist but they said I couldn't get them out because they haven't grown in fully. But today my jaw hurts so bad and the smell is the worst it has been & my mouth felt sooo terrible and smelly today and I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about going back but since I went so recently I don't know how that works out with my insurance. But yeah I just wanted to update everyone on how I was if anyone cared lol.
Congratulations on getting through high school! I am just a step ahead as i am graduating university in a month. If your wisdom teeth is the problem, would you remove them? There has been success with that in the past. What odour would you say your bb is?

Good luck! Glad to hear you are feeling better than before. I am going through a similar slump after having a good couple of years as well.

Congratulations! Try not to feel discouraged. Even though having this issue is depressing at least you have accomplished a major milestone of graduating. How were you able to deal with having this issue in college?
Unfortunately i went to the dentist but they told me I could not get the teeth removed. I was devastated but now I’m going to try to get a waterpik and flush out the gums near my wisdom teeth to see it that helps since it seems that food gets trapped there and it’s impossible to get floss through that area.
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

In terms of dealing with this... I rarely dated and ultimately one cheated and i feel like its the BB. From 2015-2016 i was on an excellent antidepressant, lexapro, which gave me a lot of confidence. Since my BB seems triggered by stress it really helped. Beginning of this year i stopped lexapro, i felt really stressed and the BB returned with a vengeance. I guess when it was good i just smiled and did my best. Tried not to think about it. Hope it would go away by itself. There were times when i had no friends to sit with at uni though, but university here is different from high schools, there are a lot of people by themselves because everyone has different schedules.

Wishing you all the best. Keep your chin up. :)

You might want to try zinc mouthwash because there's a lot of research showing it neutralises the volatile sulfuric compounds. Didn't work for me but i have a different type of BB. Might also want a second opinion with another dentist, and maybe you can talk about BB with them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic