Your Email Address:

First Name:

How do you go on dates?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DanielPine
Advanced
How do you go on dates?

Post by DanielPine »

Hey everyone, I've been a member of this site for 6 years now after joining when I was just a high school kid, now I'm 20 years old.

I read on another post where Jimi said to someone that they will regret declining dates when they are 'old'. I just wanted to know how you guys go about going on dates (if you do). I'm a college age guy, and I get girls smiling at me and sometimes talking with me but I know as soon as I talk to them they are going to freak out. I don't think any amount of muscle or game will fix this. The only times i've ever kissed girls is at clubs when I am drunk and don't care, and they don't either.

Like, how could you possibly comfortably hang out with a partner, freely kiss them and talk to them face to face with bb? In class and at work I just sit there and can just feel the awful bad breath in my mouth and it even grosses me out.

I've always tried to remain optimistic about this whole issue but this is really getting to me.

MrChips
Advanced

Re: How do you go on dates?

Post by MrChips »

You have to be careful of what you eat a few days beforehand, stick to just fruit and veg, drink gallons of water , and go extreme with the oral hygiene. Have some chewing gum in your pocket.... And hope for the best
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

I feel you bro I'm going through the same exact thing. I would say im a decent looking guy that attracts women some what often. But it doesn't matter how attractive you are or how much game you have, like you said. The biggest turn off to a woman is a man with bad hygiene in my opinion. For me, going on dates is easy, i just be myself but because i have chronic bad breath its hard for me to see the same girl twice. However, some girls will hit me up twice maybe because they think i probably forgot to brush my teeth before the first date.

Typically when I go on dates I try to do things that want put me in a position to talk directly to a girl. I like going to a bar because normally the bar stool's face a bar rather than going a dinner date where you would most likely sit directly accross the table from your date. The movies is the most ideal date for someone with bad breath because you dont have to sit directly accross from your date and you wont have to talk during the movie. Or even going on a date to a show wouldnt be that bad. Also when im on the date I try to play the laid back listener role, I just listen and occasionally throw in a word or two to let them know im paying attention.

Honestly, the only way for us guys with chronic bad breath can keep a girl is if we had money. But for a woman with bad breath its easier for them to maintain a relationship because lets be honest some guys are desperate enough to where they can tolerate bad breath when they're attracted to a woman.
thanatos
God

Post by thanatos »

It can be brutal, but if you want to have a chance with someone even if only for a while, you need to take the chance.

There were girls that were insane over me, but once they got real close just to talk and smelled the stench, they ran for the hills.

Some women are really 'desperate' and will date you regardless. In fact, one of my ex girlfriend's was with me in part because of my bad breath. She had severe abandonmet issues and told me that nobody on this planet would want to be with me because of my breath, only her. Of course that was wrong as I had GF's since then, but there are women who will overlook it, at least for a while.
salehia802

Post by salehia802 »

Life_Goes_On wrote: ...

Honestly, the only way for us guys with chronic bad breath can keep a girl is if we had money. But for a woman with bad breath its easier for them to maintain a relationship because lets be honest some guys are desperate enough to where they can tolerate bad breath when they're attracted to a woman.

Its not easy for girls either. bad breath is bad breath. the effect is the same on women or men. Im 26 and graduated. im good looking and and people says attractive. wherever i go there is some to say you are a special person you are peculiar! you have special attraction energy!! or sooo.... Ive heard like these in my age a lot. when i was a student at university (just God knows how much memory and images are in my mind of those days) 9/10 people wanted to be with me. but after firs talk everything would changed to a simple classmate relationship. i as a girl experience all those disgusting better to say embarrassing glance people have on you and not having that respectably paying attention they have on others. i don't think even desperate guys want to be with a girl with BB (just once i read about a boy wanted help about his girlfriend BB that loved her a lot). and an experience about myself that a guy wanted to be with me and 2 years tried to convince me (i didn't want because though we haven't any understanding basis) and when i was with him in his car i was noticed that he touch his nose but i don't know why he was coming back again?!! he wasn't a desperate im sure. anyway yes many of us maybe all of us want to have a partner but for me whenever it comes to my mind i am really more eager to be a healthy person have a job go out with a big laugh at my face speak and express my opinions...and so many things to do and places to go not being a prisoner in my room(and my mind).
but for you perhaps being with someone is as important as being healthy so try your best and show all of your power to the world. do whatever is necessary to reduce BB when you are on date and please just don't behave like those are ashamed and stupid that have no opinion about anything and just do what others say( i did it for more than 2 years like :| !) self confidence is 50% of life. i don't say make your sound loud or whisper in your girlfriend face!!! (but maybe you can do it in her ear that is far from her nose! :shock: )seriously know there are other criterions for being attractive like politeness well speaking knowing being professional in sth......that if you wont have in yourself girls just come and go even without BB.
these days seems God in his world want to show me something to bring me out of my room! i think perhaps( a little sure!) there are some other important dimension except BB in life. :-k :)
blessedrich

Post by blessedrich »

If you have not already try some of the stop gaps that have been talked about here and see which helps I will say start some try and error.

For example for me I know if i have not continuously used (let if I have not used it in the page 2 weeks) Pepto Bismol(PB) It will work for me. Also Water pik makes a difference for me. So if i have to go on an interview or a date I will make sure i get at least 10 hrs of sleep before the date. The night before I will chew 2 PBs. Brush and floss and use water pik. I will make sure the day before I keep my carbs intake to around 100g-130g max 150g. I will make sure the night before I do not sleep right after eating (wait for 3hrs after eating before i go to sleep).

On the day of the date I will make sure I keep my carbs intake around 100g - 130g. Before the date I will eat something light. I will not like to go on an empty stomach. Then I will brush and use water pik(with hydrogen peroxide). Before i meet the person i will start chewing a gum like 30mins before I meet her and say a prayer ;) .

Hope my routine helps you in a way. Stay blessed!!
bbshiit
Total Newbie

Post by bbshiit »

dates ? what kind of joke is that? with my bad,nose breath the girls run away #-o #-o
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Go on dates????? Lmao dont even think about it. sorry to burst your bubble but if you have dragon's breath it's best to lay low until you found a solution. Anyone tell you otherwise is delusional and full of it. BOL!
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

So for us hopeless cases we should just accept the fact that we will never be able to go on a date then? May as well just give up
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Dead wrote:So for us hopeless cases we should just accept the fact that we will never be able to go on a date then? May as well just give up

I know reality is harsh but how would you feel if your date exhale dead fish :) I know i wouldnt subject anyone to my draconian breath on a regular basis, that'd just be selfish of me on so many levels. Unfortunately, it is what it is until each one of us finds an effective remedy to shed this curse once and for all.
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

salehia802 wrote:
Life_Goes_On wrote: ...

Its not easy for girls either. bad breath is bad breath. the effect is the same on women or men....
i as a girl experience all those disgusting better to say embarrassing glance people have on you and not having that respectably paying attention they have on others. i don't think even desperate guys want to be with a girl with BB (just once i read about a boy wanted help about his girlfriend BB that loved her a lot)
You could be right, I never truely looked at it in the perspective of a woman who has chronic bad breath. But I still feel its easier for women with bad breath to maintain a relationship than it is for men with bad breath. I say that because men are by far more desperate. Maybe the guys who you give your attention to are out of your league because of your bad breath. Try giving some of your attention to a guy you feel you're out of his league even with bad breath. Trust me, you'd be suprised.
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

Johnv713 wrote:
I know reality is harsh but how would you feel if your date exhale dead fish :) I know i wouldnt subject anyone to my draconian breath on a regular basis, that'd just be selfish of me on so many levels. Unfortunately, it is what it is until each one of us finds an effective remedy to shed this curse once and for all.
I don't think you understand the concept of 21st century dating lol. Not every guy/gal go on dates to see someone on a "regular basis." Its rare but some girls will overlook your bad breath on the first date for a number of reasons. Now I agree, with chronic bad breath its virtually impossible and also selfish to find a girl who would want to see you on a regular basis but that doesnt mean you should not go on dates. I go on the tinder dates a lot and every once in a while I'll get lucky. Maybe your afraid to get shot down but im not, im a man, i got needs.
blessedrich

Post by blessedrich »

Sometime it is better to try and fail than not to try at all!!! If the guy want to give it a try let him go ahead. Don't forget there are different level of breath issues. So we should not use your case to make blanket statements. Better trying than just giving up!!

I use to have a girl who use to make songs about my stinking breath but she goes and still comes back for whatever reason!! You never know in this world until you try!
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

it's very simple, I don't go on dates anymore. I am at that point in which if I receive another rude comment or joke I might just kick that person in the nuts, sorry. So it's better for both not to go to pointless dates, we all know it's going to stop eventually so why bother at all.
It's frustrating because I'm a normal pretty girl and I do get asked out, my friends always ask why I'm single ( and yes, I'm famous for my breath and their mocking hurt me real bad, but now, after more than 15 years, we're all grown ups ( in our 30s ) and they comment less and less or not at all, because maybe they just gave up on the idea that their friend just smells.
I am mentally ready for a life without love; what I am not ready for is a harsh life with no stable income. I'm more focused on finding some job that won't drive me crazy or make more depressed, but at the same time build a future and be able to live without my relatives support. The job I have now is ridiculous for a person who owns a degree like I do. But hey, I may be crazy, but I'm not ready to work with people around. I'd rather get paid low wages than live every day in anxiety.
ikageorgian
Advanced

Post by ikageorgian »

bbshiit wrote:dates ? what kind of joke is that? with my bad,nose breath the girls run away #-o #-o
I've send you PM, but don't know if you get it.

@bbshit, it is ordinary chlorine bleach, for clothes whitening, active ingredient "sodiumhypochlorite" 5,25%.
In every market"s household section it costs 1 euro.
For more info google: Dr.Freys chlorine bleach mouth rinse. Good luck. Keep us posted after. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic