Your Email Address:

First Name:

Club soda kills bacteria

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Johnv713
Advanced
Club soda kills bacteria

Post by Johnv713 »

Last night i didnt have anything in the fridge to quench my thirst except a bottle of club soda. Took a big gulp and went straight to bed, after brushing my teeth of course :) Typically i wake up in the morning with a very light biofilm on my tounge , this morning there was almost none.

I distinctly remember watching a youtube video awhile back that mentions club soda kills bacteria. Just passing this along in hope that it'll help someone.

Life_Goes_On
Advanced
Re: Club soda kills bacteria

Post by Life_Goes_On »

Club soda works for me too, im not sure for exactly how long but i know its short. It could range between a couple of minutes to an hour. But still this is big for me because no product or prescription Ive tried in the last five years since I had chronic bad breath has masked or cured my bad breath, not even temporarily.

This is how it works for me: I eat in the morning then I drink a fresh(never been open) club soda, about a quarter to half of the bottle, then I do my dental hygiene and from there it mask my bad breath. I still have white tongue after doing this but im going to try and do it overnight as you did and see if I wake up with a pink tongue.
badbrlady

Post by badbrlady »

I tried this today and i don't know how long it will help but it helped. It was club soda with a touch of mint. I'm gonna experiment more with this. Thanks.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

I recently discovered on accident that Coke Zero (sugar free coke) helps mine also. I think it may be similar to the club soda effect
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

maybe gas from bubbles kills bacteria or oxygenates the area? I don't know how CO2 reacts to bad breath bacteria....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

I agree; either it somehow kills bacteria or oxygenates. Both coke zero and club soda contain potassium citrate
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

OMG, I cant believe this!!! I've been drinking this for the past few weeks and it does work!! Everytime I drink this my mouth feels clean and I knew it was the club soda I was drinking.
The problem is that I had some club soda right before my halimeter test wich came out negative. She told me I have no BB and need to go see a psychologist
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Article I found

Article
The effect of carbon dioxide on bacteria growth
Frederick Philip Coyne and William Bate Hardy
Published:01 July 1933https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.1933.0041
Abstract
The first systematic investigation on the influence of carbon dioxide on micro-organisms was carried ont, by Fränkel (1889) who corrected and correlated a number of earlier observations. Many papers have since been published on this subject and a number of these are reviewed in the discussion, p. 211. In a previous paper (Coyne, 1932) preliminary observations regarding the influence of carbon dioxide on the growth of bacteria were reported. The majority of the organisms examined showed marked inhibition of growth in presence of carbon dioxide. These results, which were obtained by incubation of cultures at 14°-18°. For 4 days, have now been extended and the effect of various proportions of carbon dioxide (5 per cent. to 100 per cent.) at different temperature has been investigated over considerable periods. In addition, the statement that the effect cannot be attributed solely to the ph of the medium has been amply confirmed by further experiments.

Footnotes
This text was harvested from a scanned image of the original document using optical character recognition (OCR) software. As such, it may contain errors. Please contact the Royal Society if you find an error you would like to see corrected. Mathematical notations produced through Infty OCR.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

It could be the sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) or potassium citrate neutralizing the acid in your stomach, if you suffer from acid reflux or silent reflux. The minerals in club soda are a base which will neutralize the acid.
Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

I give this a try as well

Club soda
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

Here comes the club soda thread. i read this thread a few week back.

I jotted down the different type of club soda unfortunately, i lost track of where i wrote down this down on my diary.
So, i had to come back to this forum in search of the thread again-

Thanks
Smilinagain
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic