Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can you smell/taste your own BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Summerside
Advanced
Re: Can you smell/taste your own BB?

Post by Summerside »

Ricky wrote:Some of us are definitely shy in asking our friends. Like me. Im shy.

Some of us have asked our closest relative, like our mothers. But some lie because they don't want to harm our feelings. Like my mother. She said, i dont smell anything. But just a while ago on that same day, i went to the market and people are reacting to my terrible breath.
I always here this "fart" thing. And they are all looking at me.

I think that we have developed different styles of knowing that we hav bb. Some of the post say they lick their fingers and smelled it. And thats it. Well, I dont believe that. Some say they could smell it. I dont believe that too.

I believe that we may only know that we hav bb thru strangers. Unless one really has a very very honest and daring friend.
Hey Ricky, i cant even ask my husband...
I doubt my bb is that bad because I dont get reactions. But I developed a habit avoiding to speak close to someones face. My mother would give me an honest answer but unfortunately she does not live in the same country. If I like my wrist or things like that it doesnt smell.
But I have the bad taste that comes and goes.
I am on a gluten free diet and take diatomaceous earth. Still waiting for my food senditivity results.

Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello alea,

How many years did you hav bb? What kind of reaction do you get from people? Is it the same like our experience? Always hearing this, "who farted?"
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello alea

May i ask again when you went to the doctor, your complain was bb right?

So what did the doctor told you? Did the doctor smelled your breath? Or did he immediately write a prescription without smelling you?

Some of us here in this forum have been to a lot of doctors. Tried a lot of methods. And spend a lot of money. But nothing happens.

So i assume that that your doctor really knows what is going on in us.

What else did your doctor tell you? What is the cause of bb? Where is the smell coming from? Is it from the nose or the gut?
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

I can smell it only rarely. But it’s like a kick in the guts when I do. Emotionally I mean.

I get a ‘gooey’ mouth which actually feels good to me physically, but I know is a sign that my mouth and breath smells bad.

I know it always smells, because my husband told me it does.

Before him my first husband said nothing, but when prompted by my bullying sister admitted to me having terrible morning breath.

One other boyfriend made a few offhand remarks about it, and I once had an asshole girlfriend who made jokes and references about it on the regular.

Fun stuff, this condition.

Anywho, ***k our lives - hey? :)
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

jo317 wrote:
winter wrote:@summer
Exactly. We can't smell ourselves because we got used to our own smell. However I can't understand why we can't smell fellow suffers with different type and severity of BB.

@jo
Cannot taste anything doesn't mean it is not bad. I swear my BB used to stink up a huge meeting room.

I also don't think the idea of "room-filling bb" is very realistic. Many people claim on here that they have it but that their doctors/psychologists/dentists say it is not possible. It's simply not the way smells work. It would be impossible for someones body odor to fill a whole room, so why would it be possible with bad breath? I had never once thought of it until I found this forum and now I find myself worrying about it and convincing myself that everyone in a room can smell me, even though deep down I know its probably not rational.
bb is not the same as bo. If bad farts can fill a room, so can bb. Logically, it is possible.
badexhale

Post by badexhale »

pepper234 wrote:
jo317 wrote:
winter wrote:@summer
Exactly. We can't smell ourselves because we got used to our own smell. However I can't understand why we can't smell fellow suffers with different type and severity of BB.

@jo
Cannot taste anything doesn't mean it is not bad. I swear my BB used to stink up a huge meeting room.

I also don't think the idea of "room-filling bb" is very realistic. Many people claim on here that they have it but that their doctors/psychologists/dentists say it is not possible. It's simply not the way smells work. It would be impossible for someones body odor to fill a whole room, so why would it be possible with bad breath? I had never once thought of it until I found this forum and now I find myself worrying about it and convincing myself that everyone in a room can smell me, even though deep down I know its probably not rational.
bb is not the same as bo. If bad farts can fill a room, so can bb. Logically, it is possible.
Very true! Iv known 1 person and come a cross another that had room filling bb. My sister for one had room filling bb. She got rid of it by removing a Cracked rotten tooth once she got insurance. But everyone told her she didnt have bb. Then i met someone who had chest pains constantly and every time he did he smelled like fart or fecal from a distance more than 30 feet(that i know of,maybe more) if down wind.farts are gases and bb can be gases as well that come from your stomach out your mouth so your answer to it not being realistic is false.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

badexhale wrote:
pepper234 wrote:
jo317 wrote:

Very true! Iv known 1 person and come a cross another that had room filling bb. My sister for one had room filling bb. She got rid of it by removing a Cracked rotten tooth once she got insurance. But everyone told her she didnt have bb. Then i met someone who had chest pains constantly and every time he did he smelled like fart or fecal from a distance more than 30 feet(that i know of,maybe more) if down wind.farts are gases and bb can be gases as well that come from your stomach out your mouth so your answer to it not being realistic is false.
Did your sister have nasal BB? How do chest pains cause BB?
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Farts don't fill whole rooms. There are people on here claiming they fill up a basketball court with their bb in as little as 5 minutes. I could fart in a basketball court and only the people close by would be able to smell it. Its just not how things work. Ventilation is a thing. Smells dissipate.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

I can smell my bb sometimes. I don't know how long does it travel and how gross the smell is for others. Personally most of the time the smell is not that bad, but the reactions tell a different story.
cleanbreathwant

Post by cleanbreathwant »

jo317 wrote:Farts don't fill whole rooms. There are people on here claiming they fill up a basketball court with their bb in as little as 5 minutes. I could fart in a basketball court and only the people close by would be able to smell it. Its just not how things work. Ventilation is a thing. Smells dissipate.

My BB fills up rooms.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

All I'm saying, is that this site had me thinking the same thing. I would get anxious to sleep in a hostel, or sit next to someone on a plane or go to class. Once you think it is possible, it is easy to convince yourself that your bb is filling up a room. Someone walks away from you - its cause you smell. Or maybe its just because they had somewhere else to be, someone else to talk to. I used to know someone with horrible smelling breath and he didn't smell up a room. Rationally thinking, its really not possible at all. You convince yourself of something, you get anxious about it and it makes the problems we do have worse. It is also a way for us to justify not going out, not socializing, not holding a job etc. I really just wish people would stop talking about how they THINK they smell up a room when there is no actual proof of that because they are negatively affecting OTHER peoples anxieties about this issue. This site should be a supportive and healing place for us to come, not a place to over exaggerate things to make us feel all worse.
cleanbreathwant

Post by cleanbreathwant »

jo317 wrote:All I'm saying, is that this site had me thinking the same thing. I would get anxious to sleep in a hostel, or sit next to someone on a plane or go to class. Once you think it is possible, it is easy to convince yourself that your bb is filling up a room. Someone walks away from you - its cause you smell. Or maybe its just because they had somewhere else to be, someone else to talk to. I used to know someone with horrible smelling breath and he didn't smell up a room. Rationally thinking, its really not possible at all. You convince yourself of something, you get anxious about it and it makes the problems we do have worse. It is also a way for us to justify not going out, not socializing, not holding a job etc. I really just wish people would stop talking about how they THINK they smell up a room when there is no actual proof of that because they are negatively affecting OTHER peoples anxieties about this issue. This site should be a supportive and healing place for us to come, not a place to over exaggerate things to make us feel all worse.

Nope. I can smell mine. People have made comments about it and then LEFT the room. Its the most awful emotional pain ever.

Honestly, good for you that you can't even imagine it possible. I'm jealous.

Before the BB took over my life at 18, I would not have thought it was possible either.

I also think like you, "this is so silly and stupid" because it is!! Not being able to socialize because bb fills rooms!! its f**king ridiculous and I can't believe it's happening in my life.

It's madness lol. I wish humans had no sense of smell or we weren't as offended by bad smells as we are.

Oh and for these types of posts "making you think" you have bb that fills rooms, don't worry about it, because you won't have to think about it, people WILL let you know.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

I dont know, I'm not so sure about that. No one has ever made any remarks to me about smelling, even just "regular" bb. Though I know I do have it. I think it depends on the culture. I live in a place where people are not honest, in order to be kind. We are not blunt. I read about people on here having people say things to them like "who farted" or being honest about their breath smelling and it seems like another world to me.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

Also, I don't mean to say what you're going through isn't real. I just think we often stress and exaggerate our problems. We take one little nose rub or "it smells in here" to mean it is surely about us. If nasal breath is truly real, wouldn't EVERYONE with bb have it?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

jo317 wrote:I dont know, I'm not so sure about that. No one has ever made any remarks to me about smelling, even just "regular" bb. Though I know I do have it. I think it depends on the culture. I live in a place where people are not honest, in order to be kind. We are not blunt. I read about people on here having people say things to them like "who farted" or being honest about their breath smelling and it seems like another world to me.
Where are you from? Someone can meet you to let you smell for yourself. I didn't know it is possible to have nasal BB and stink up a huge room until it happened to me. I haven't had people asked "who farted", but people have commented it smells here. They don't mean to be rude. Most of them don't even know I'm the culprit because I'm pretty far away. More commonly I get people who check their own breath.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic