Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can you smell/taste your own BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jo317
Advanced

Re: Can you smell/taste your own BB?

Post by jo317 »

Also if you cannot smell or taste your mouth, when someone tells you you have bb, you have no idea how severe it is or how often it occurs. If you can't taste it, its probably not as bad or chronic as you think it is.

Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

jo317 wrote:Also if you cannot smell or taste your mouth, when someone tells you you have bb, you have no idea how severe it is or how often it occurs. If you can't taste it, its probably not as bad or chronic as you think it is.
Mine is chronic and i have this constant bad taste. How severe it is? I dont know. Probably not severe. I avoid speaking close to people including my husband
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

@summer
Exactly. We can't smell ourselves because we got used to our own smell. However I can't understand why we can't smell fellow suffers with different type and severity of BB.

@jo
Cannot taste anything doesn't mean it is not bad. I swear my BB used to stink up a huge meeting room.
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

winter wrote:@summer
Exactly. We can't smell ourselves because we got used to our own smell. However I can't understand why we can't smell fellow suffers with different type and severity of BB.

@jo
Cannot taste anything doesn't mean it is not bad. I swear my BB used to stink up a huge meeting room.

I dont know i have never met a fellow sufferer and smelled his breath :D
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

jo317 wrote:Oops I meant I can only taste mine.

And I suppose, but I've heard those halimeter tests are bullshit

Mine showed high levels of vsc gases. Why is it bullshit?
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

@jo

I also don't think the idea of "room-filling bb" is very realistic. Many people claim on here that they have it but that their doctors/psychologists/dentists say it is not possible. It's simply not the way smells work. It would be impossible for someones body odor to fill a whole room, so why would it be possible with bad breath? I had never once thought of it until I found this forum and now I find myself worrying about it and convincing myself that everyone in a room can smell me, even though deep down I know its probably not rational.
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

jo317 wrote:

@jo

I also don't think the idea of "room-filling bb" is very realistic. Many people claim on here that they have it but that their doctors/psychologists/dentists say it is not possible. It's simply not the way smells work. It would be impossible for someones body odor to fill a whole room, so why would it be possible with bad breath? I had never once thought of it until I found this forum and now I find myself worrying about it and convincing myself that everyone in a room can smell me, even though deep down I know its probably not rational.
I am definately not a room filler if there is such thing.
I saw a doctor for internal medicine today just to get a referal for a GE.
It was a small room and no reaction from him.
He was so good looking I just couldnt tell him about my bb (stupid I know)
So I lied about my fatherd colon cancer at age 50 which was age 70.
Plus the acid reflux which is very mild.
At least I got a referal which can take up to 3 month...
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello
One thing is for sure, we do hear reactions from other people about "who farted?" That's what is common to us. Surely this is not normal. It means that there is really something wrong going inside of us. But we dont smell it. Second is that there is this phlegm crawling up in our throat which is also common to all of us who have fecal breath. This happens after we eat or even drink
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

@jo

I wouldn't believe BB can travel that far if it didn't happen to me too. I also wouldn't believe BB can come from the nose when a person's mouth is closed. I have never met a single person with such problem in real life.

@summer

the doctors have seen a lot of gross stuff. They have learnt to keep a straight face in front of the patients. Anyways, you should just tell him the truth so he can try to help you.

I notice that many of us have mild reflux / silent reflux problem...
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

winter wrote:@jo

I wouldn't believe BB can travel that far if it didn't happen to me too. I also wouldn't believe BB can come from the nose when a person's mouth is closed. I have never met a single person with such problem in real life.

@summer

the doctors have seen a lot of gross stuff. They have learnt to keep a straight face in front of the patients. Anyways, you should just tell him the truth so he can try to help you.

I notice that many of us have mild reflux / silent reflux problem...
I know i am just so ashamed of telling doctors. I will definately when i see the GE.
I see an improvement on my tongue coating since taking digestive enzymes and drinking green juices
Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

I too. is irritating & nasty. But, presently i no longer perceive this fowl smell since, i started chewing bitter kolanut.

I can send some about 5-10 pcs free to anyone who may be interested.

Together we will overcome.

Thanks
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello

I believe that the best way of knowing that we hav bb is that: let your friend hold you your cellphone or any video recording device. Then let him record while you walk in the busiest street. If the people in the video reacted horribly, then you have bb. If the people did not react at all, then you have halitophobia.

What do you think, guys? Would you agree with me?

Ofcourse, if you are ashamed of doing these, then do it in a different town. Where people never knew you.
Summerside
Advanced

Post by Summerside »

Ricky wrote:Hello

I believe that the best way of knowing that we hav bb is that: let your friend hold you your cellphone or any video recording device. Then let him record while you walk in the busiest street. If the people in the video reacted horribly, then you have bb. If the people did not react at all, then you have halitophobia.

What do you think, guys? Would you agree with me?

Ofcourse, if you are ashamed of doing these, then do it in a different town. Where people never knew you.
Why not just ask the friend?
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Some of us are definitely shy in asking our friends. Like me. Im shy.

Some of us have asked our closest relative, like our mothers. But some lie because they don't want to harm our feelings. Like my mother. She said, i dont smell anything. But just a while ago on that same day, i went to the market and people are reacting to my terrible breath.
I always here this "fart" thing. And they are all looking at me.

I think that we have developed different styles of knowing that we hav bb. Some of the post say they lick their fingers and smelled it. And thats it. Well, I dont believe that. Some say they could smell it. I dont believe that too.

I believe that we may only know that we hav bb thru strangers. Unless one really has a very very honest and daring friend.
Alea
Total Newbie

Post by Alea »

Hello,

I have had BB for a while. It was destroying my life, but I was cured. Please go to a doctor and ask for a 3 day cycle of Fluconzole (anti-fungal) Cut all sugar and alcohol and reduce carbs. I didn't have a crazy oral thrush but I did have a yeast infection (non-vaginal). This is the most likely culprit for most people. Also, if you are using a re-useable water bottle, ditch it. You are repeatedly swollowing bacteria.

Also for those who have no insurance go to planned parenthood. My regular GP dismissed my concern pp will treat you for under $150.00. Ask them to test your throats for STD and it will come back with yeast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic