Your Email Address:

First Name:

my mum can't smell my bad breath..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
asian boy
Total Newbie
my mum can't smell my bad breath..

Post by asian boy »

hi everyone..

this is my first post on this website.. i've been following this website since last several years.. i'm from malaysia.. forgive me if sometimes my words could be inappropriate due to my english skill level which is not so good.. nice to meet all of u here since we're on the same team.. only someone who are suffer from this problem know the great burden that we need to bear from time to time, day to day.. a simple task like going to the supermarket buying something become hard just like a 'mission impossible'..

before i share to all of u about how bad breath impacted my life, i have a question.. since my mum can't smell my bad breath, do you have the same situation like me? do your mum/dad/siblings/spouse or someone that you living together really can't smell your bad breath? is it because they are used to the smell so that their nose can't smell the odor?

Johnv713
Advanced
Re: my mum can't smell my bad breath..

Post by Johnv713 »

No such thing as theyre used to your smell unless theyre being bombarded or exposed to said smell uninterrupted, like non stop for an extended period of time. Say you walk into a room full of dead fish, you'll get used to the smell in a few mins because the stench is constant whereas bb is detected on occasions unless someone is breathing in your face for a prolong period of time.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

They can smell unless their sense of smell has some problem or they are supposed to the smell constantly. They just don't want to hurt your feeling.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Yeah, my mother says she can't smell anything. lol.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
asian boy
Total Newbie

Post by asian boy »

winter wrote:They can smell unless their sense of smell has some problem or they are supposed to the smell constantly. They just don't want to hurt your feeling.

I watched at YouTube vid about TMAU patient who have body odor problem.. She already married but live in misery life and dilemma.. And to be surprised is her husband don't notice about her smell.. So, i think it is a same situation for some of us.. And like me, i can tell that my mum is not lying.. I asked her for so many times personally and my mum is a type of person that speak a truth..
asian boy
Total Newbie

Post by asian boy »

gotshot26 wrote:Yeah, my mother says she can't smell anything. lol.
Yeahh, we're same.. Btw, what do u think ur main cause of bad breath?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

asian boy wrote:
winter wrote:They can smell unless their sense of smell has some problem or they are supposed to the smell constantly. They just don't want to hurt your feeling.

I watched at YouTube vid about TMAU patient who have body odor problem.. She already married but live in misery life and dilemma.. And to be surprised is her husband don't notice about her smell.. So, i think it is a same situation for some of us.. And like me, i can tell that my mum is not lying.. I asked her for so many times personally and my mum is a type of person that speak a truth..
People don't tell you directly because that is not socially acceptable. Maybe the husband is exposed to the smell so often that he is more tolerant of it? In almost every story, the family and doctors say they don't smell anything.
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

Same here! I think they are immune to it.
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

Hum.. try not brushsing your teeth before you sleep, this way you should get horrible morning breath = you know for sure it's bad.
Then go ask your mother, see how she reacts. If she reacts like before.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic