Your Email Address:

First Name:

Throat Biofilms - For Those With Type 1/Oral BB

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ttylxman2
Junior
Throat Biofilms - For Those With Type 1/Oral BB

Post by ttylxman2 »

These are just my thoughts lately on bad breath involving a constant bad taste, coated tongue, PND but tonsils don't show sign of infection and oral health is otherwise fine.

I've recently learned that biofilms can form on your throat and tonsils despite there not being an infection or a sign of anything wrong. These can not be removed even with the most thorough of cleansing rituals, or EVEN BY TAKING antibiotics. So if a particular bacteria keep re-inhabiting our mouths in force within mere minutes or hours after a deep cleansing using powerful antiseptics, then they have to be coming from somewhere. This is particularly interesting for those who have smelly palatine tonsils and find relief by going back in their throat with a finger and some toothpaste. There's no infection, ENT says no problem, but that's often the smelliest area and seems the first to get gross for many of us.

I don't yet believe that these particular halitosis bacteria have just forever gained dominance in our mouths. Or that our PND somehow causes this and there's nothing we can do about it. PND making it worse or helped form the biofilm? Yes absolutely. But not the cause of the immediate reinfection we get after cleansing. There must be a stubborn source somewhere that keeps them coming back far quicker than any others can.

"Most, if not all, antibiotics and antiseptics fail to eradicate mature biofilms, and today, the poor efficiency of available antibiotics is a major challenge for the successful treatment of chronic infections"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4486441/

I suspect there's a possible treatment using "Alum" on the throat and mouth surfaces BEFORE the usual antiseptic routine. Brush it into your tongue, roof of mouth, rub your finger around your throat, etc.
Check this out: viewtopic.php?t=1245#p12753

Many of us get relief from antibiotics but have it return soon after. Breaking down all biofilms in the mouth, throat, and maybe even the sinuses BEFORE starting a heavy antibiotic regimen like 2mo on prev-packs may also do the trick as a last ditch effort in resetting your oral flora. Some reports here have said going overkill on antbiotics like this cured them but of course it's never a good thing to do that to your body. Don't forget to supplement with oral probiotics as you end your treatment to give the good guys a head start.

I am wondering if dental plaque has a tendency to pull in the BB bacteria as well, seeing as it's so abundant in our mouths that it may just get trapped inside too. This is important because if you take care of all your other biofilms but not your plaque then it may not be enough to eradicate the imbalance and things will surely return to being a cesspit. I know from experience a total cleaning at dentist does nothing for my halitosis but it should be done if attempting to rid yourself of 100% of biofilms.

I'll be experimenting with Alum and reporting back with any changes from attacking my throat area with biofilms in mind. I'm not looking for a temporary relief solution but to set the balance right for good.

Anyone have anything on their mind about this?

Soon

Re: Throat Biofilms - For Those With Type 1/Oral BB

Post by Soon »

i have the same line of thought as you: that is to rebalance the oral flora is the key to permanent cure.

I think adding xylitol would also help. Xylitol can helps to moisturise the throat and keeping it alkalinise.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic