Your Email Address:

First Name:

Huge Improvements

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DanielPine
Advanced
Huge Improvements

Post by DanielPine »

Hey guys. Over the past month or so I have had huge improvements. I have been a member/lurker on this site for about 5 years so hopefully you can trust what I am saying.

I developed a new routine. First, I floss between my teeth, then brush normally with tooth paste. After this, I swish diluted hydrogen peroxide around my mouth and also brush my tongue with it. Then, I take two probiotic tablets. After doing this every morning and night I noticed huge improvements and when i rubbed my tongue with a finger the odour was only a slight sour sort of smell (as opposed to strong literal faeces smell I used to have).

One day I stuck my hand into my mouth and and smelt my throat. faecal smell was still there. So I started drinking a glass of water with grapefruit seed extract (10 drops) every morning and this seems to reduce it a lot.

I also have a prescription nasal spray that seriously dries up my sinuses and I think this also helps.

The result: I can pop some gum into my mouth and have minty breath for 1-2 hours then swap out for a new gum. Reactions are less (but with how paranoid this condition can make you who knows if there are any at all). When I am chewing gum I can breath into my hands and smell it, and it smells like minty gum which is great.

It seems as though blasting the bacteria in my mouth and throat every day seems to bring the bb down to a state where it is manageable with some gum. Sometimes it stinks up by the end of the day though. I do my routine in the morning and night.

As for nasal odour, I don't think I have ever had it severely. I get the odd 'who farted?' comment (maybe 5 times since I developed this condition) - but it was so rare it could seriously actually just be someone did actually fart and I couldn't smell it.

tl;dr : floss, brush teeth, and swish and brush tongue with hydrogen peroxide in both morning and night. Take 2 probiotics and a glass of water with grapefruit seed extract in the morning.

ttylxman2
Junior
Re: Huge Improvements

Post by ttylxman2 »

I do the same thing but it barely keeps it manageable. Gets old after years and years of waterpiking, tongue brushing, throat rubbing, blah blah. If you want to be REALLY fresh try doing your routine then chewing a pepto tab and brushing it into your tongue and getting it in your throat too. Pepto is insanely good at stopping BB but is definitely not a long term solution.

Please see my recent thread here as it might interest you: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6752

Try adding something extra to break up biofilms and let us know if your new fount treatment works even better.
Hugo
Total Newbie

Post by Hugo »

Hi. When you say you "gargle with Hydrogen peroxide" how do you actually do that? Can you buy the solution or do you make it yourself?
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Just a tip: After you've flossed and brushed,,,, use a water flosser. Go along the gumline, inbetween the teeth and then the bite of the teeth to clear any bacteria that you have dislodged. Might take an extra few minutes but will guarantee your teeth are totally clean. Can use just warm water, salty water or the diuted hydrogen peroxide. I use warm/hot lightly salted water. And then have a good swill of the mouth. The water flosser is highly recommended, i use every day, and it really makes my teeth feel clean....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic