Your Email Address:

First Name:

An idea regarding oral probiotics

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fog
Junior

An idea regarding oral probiotics

Post by fog »

Oral probiotics are quite expensive, is there a way around that perhaps by growing them?
Its basically microbes just like people have cultivated for thousands of years only other types like the ones in the gut probiotics.

The ones that like milk / lacto seems easy to cultivate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQFwMIo_2xg
Here is a video of a guy fermenting some fruit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_nsd0ndPU

Im wondering how they grow the oral probiotics. Can it be the same with oral probiotics, or is it totally different from the fermentation process.

Johnv713
Advanced
Re: An idea regarding oral probiotics

Post by Johnv713 »

I had tried to culture oral probiotics in pasturized milk overnight in the past, but it did not yield the result i was looking for. The milk did curdle in a covered plastic container, which is indicative of bacteria multiplication. However, when i swished it around in my mouth and eventually consumed it, I felt that it wasnt as potent as i had hoped.

Maybe i should fine tune my technique as in leave it in the tub longer, intriduce prebiotics( probably not neccessary) or add more probioitcs. Kimchi on the other hand is a bit more effective in term of probiotics although it takes quite a long time to work.
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

I cant imagine regular milk to curdle overnight on its own, so it sounds like it did work unless you used some type of milk with live bacteria already in it.
You just need to let it multiply even more, I belive it should separate into a more clear liquid the "whey" as the call it?

What type of milk did you use and whats the name of the probiotic?
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

To clarify, i used a variety of probiotics and added each to different batches of regular cow milk with a red top. I had tried vitamin shoppe's, prodental, and vsl #3(with a prescription at the time) brands. The milk curdled into small chunks. Maybe you should try kefir grains, i had great success with them and they did seperate into clear liquid at the bottom.
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

I just did a test and it turns out regular milk will curdle on its own over 24 hours. :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic