Your Email Address:

First Name:

My bad breath cured (?)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
untouchable05
Total Newbie

My bad breath cured (?)

Post by untouchable05 »

Hello everyone,

I am new here so please bear with me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've suffered with bad breath ever since I was 14, I am now 22. It's been a debilitating issue to suffer with and has made my life unbearable. I really did try everything from tongue scrapers to Therabreath and countless more products!

Fast forwarding to now, last week I found out I suffered from Tonsil Stones. I had read about tonsil stones but never knew I suffered from it until I spat one out after brushing my teeth. As soon as I found out what it was, I made an appointment to see my doctor the very next day and for once in my life I was hopeful to find the cure to my bad breath. The next day at the doctor, he was able to conclude my tonsils were in fact a bit swollen and that I had minimal tonsil stones, I was prescribed Antibiotics (just 5 pills - one for each day)

It has been a week and have seen my bad breath disappear (or at least I think), my mouth even tastes different in the mornings. This leads me to my main concern and any help would be appreciated, I still see people touch their nose when they talk to me, even strangers at work (Nose touching/scratching to me has always meant that it's my breath) Maybe it's all in my head but now I lick my wrists and smell nothing or do a spoon lick test and I don't smell nothing as well. I even asked my brother and he said he smelled nothing! I hope I am able to say I am now cured forever but is there any advice anyone would give me to test that my bad breath is really gone? It is something that physically/mentally has taken over me and filled me with anxiety/paranoia.

Thanks for any help and I hope you guys will somehow find your cure! All the best xx

Cureplzz
Advanced
Re: My bad breath cured (?)

Post by Cureplzz »

Omggg I was going to post a EXTACT post like this I do the lick test blow in my hands it doesn't smell but I'm so paranoid how does the spoon test go??
PLEASE ANYONE IN PHOENIX AZ HIT ME UP
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

Cureplzz maybe u don't have bb have some members from here test it out we should do a get together and try to see if we can smell each other.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

untouchable05 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am new here so please bear with me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've suffered with bad breath ever since I was 14, I am now 22. It's been a debilitating issue to suffer with and has made my life unbearable. I really did try everything from tongue scrapers to Therabreath and countless more products!

Fast forwarding to now, last week I found out I suffered from Tonsil Stones. I had read about tonsil stones but never knew I suffered from it until I spat one out after brushing my teeth. As soon as I found out what it was, I made an appointment to see my doctor the very next day and for once in my life I was hopeful to find the cure to my bad breath. The next day at the doctor, he was able to conclude my tonsils were in fact a bit swollen and that I had minimal tonsil stones, I was prescribed Antibiotics (just 5 pills - one for each day)

It has been a week and have seen my bad breath disappear (or at least I think), my mouth even tastes different in the mornings. This leads me to my main concern and any help would be appreciated, I still see people touch their nose when they talk to me, even strangers at work (Nose touching/scratching to me has always meant that it's my breath) Maybe it's all in my head but now I lick my wrists and smell nothing or do a spoon lick test and I don't smell nothing as well. I even asked my brother and he said he smelled nothing! I hope I am able to say I am now cured forever but is there any advice anyone would give me to test that my bad breath is really gone? It is something that physically/mentally has taken over me and filled me with anxiety/paranoia.

Thanks for any help and I hope you guys will somehow find your cure! All the best xx
give it some time to evaluate if the pills helped. it may as well have been the case, hopefully. What other symptoms did you have? Do you have pnd in your throat? Sometimes we obsesses a lot ( for me it's like post traumatic stress disorder ), and even when someone didn't detect my breath I'm convinced they did because they just moved a little or scratched their nose.
untouchable05
Total Newbie

Post by untouchable05 »

Cureplzz wrote:Omggg I was going to post a EXTACT post like this I do the lick test blow in my hands it doesn't smell but I'm so paranoid how does the spoon test go??

Whenever I lick my wrist or do a spoon test I smell nothing
untouchable05
Total Newbie

Post by untouchable05 »

give it some time to evaluate if the pills helped. it may as well have been the case, hopefully. What other symptoms did you have? Do you have pnd in your throat? Sometimes we obsesses a lot ( for me it's like post traumatic stress disorder ), and even when someone didn't detect my breath I'm convinced they did because they just moved a little or scratched their nose.[/quote]

I never had any symptoms really, I never had any PND. I never even had visible tonsil stones at the back of my throat they where really hidden even the doctor struggled to find them!

Just a tip: Even if you don't see tonsil stones doesn't mean you don't have them! Poke your tonsils with a qtip and you might get some to come out and could solve your BB.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

untouchable05 wrote:give it some time to evaluate if the pills helped. it may as well have been the case, hopefully. What other symptoms did you have? Do you have pnd in your throat? Sometimes we obsesses a lot ( for me it's like post traumatic stress disorder ), and even when someone didn't detect my breath I'm convinced they did because they just moved a little or scratched their nose.

I never had any symptoms really, I never had any PND. I never even had visible tonsil stones at the back of my throat they where really hidden even the doctor struggled to find them!

Just a tip: Even if you don't see tonsil stones doesn't mean you don't have them! Poke your tonsils with a qtip and you might get some to come out and could solve your BB.[/quote]

If you don't have other symptoms then those medicines might be enough to cure your halitosis, which was only tonsils related apparently. When multiple factors happen we hardly ever find a solution that works. So good for you :)
Thank you, yes I know, mine are visible, although they're not the main cause, I took meds already for them, nothing happened. I suspect my sinuses + lpr are the cause of bb.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

steffna wrote: If you don't have other symptoms then those medicines might be enough to cure your halitosis, which was only tonsils related apparently. When multiple factors happen we hardly ever find a solution that works.

I beg to differ. We don't even know where to look into. Doctors refuse to help since that's the only symptom. I think our predicaments are equally bad. BTW, maintaining a strict diet solved my lump in the throat sensation.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

winter wrote:
steffna wrote: If you don't have other symptoms then those medicines might be enough to cure your halitosis, which was only tonsils related apparently. When multiple factors happen we hardly ever find a solution that works.

I beg to differ. We don't even know where to look into. Doctors refuse to help since that's the only symptom. I think our predicaments are equally bad. BTW, maintaining a strict diet solved my lump in the throat sensation.
we are in the same clueless situation, I have no idea where to look into either, having hiatal, sinus and throat issues together, I wonder which one cause the other, or if they're all linked together. I agree doctors are no help for us. Do you have to stay on the diet or your bb is now manageable?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

steffna wrote:we are in the same clueless situation, I have no idea where to look into either, having hiatal, sinus and throat issues together, I wonder which one cause the other, or if they're all linked together. I agree doctors are no help for us. Do you have to stay on the diet or your bb is now manageable?

I haven't found anything that manages my room filling nasal and oral BB.

Maintaining a strict GERD diet solves my throat problem.
Cureplzz
Advanced

Post by Cureplzz »

crazy4it wrote:Cureplzz maybe u don't have bb have some members from here test it out we should do a get together and try to see if we can smell each other.

Oh trust me I have bb I've had it since I was 12 I've been using the bleach solution and it really does work wonders the whole day yall should give it a try also yes I'm down to meet up I'm in Az
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

winter wrote:
steffna wrote:we are in the same clueless situation, I have no idea where to look into either, having hiatal, sinus and throat issues together, I wonder which one cause the other, or if they're all linked together. I agree doctors are no help for us. Do you have to stay on the diet or your bb is now manageable?

I haven't found anything that manages my room filling nasal and oral BB.

Maintaining a strict GERD diet solves my throat problem.
It's interesting that getting rid of throat mucus/pnd didn't change your bad breath. Maybe pnd alone isn't responsible for bb. It's a brainscratch
untouchable05
Total Newbie

Post by untouchable05 »

Hello everyone: Just an update, I was at work and saw people continue to touch their nose so I rushed to the bathroom and licked my wrist and there it was the smell is back. I almost feel sorry that I have to post this, it really sucks soooo much!! I noticed that there is a lot more white residue throughout my tongue than normal which sucks even more
Cureplzz
Advanced

Post by Cureplzz »

untouchable05 wrote:Hello everyone: Just an update, I was at work and saw people continue to touch their nose so I rushed to the bathroom and licked my wrist and there it was the smell is back. I almost feel sorry that I have to post this, it really sucks soooo much!! I noticed that there is a lot more white residue throughout my tongue than normal which sucks even more

So sorry to hear that I actually had my tonsils removed in 2014 and still had bb actually alot of people have had their tonsils removed in hope of curing bb with no luck so do run to have your tonsil removed just keep trying don't give up.
impactdial

Post by impactdial »

untouchable05 wrote:Hello everyone: Just an update, I was at work and saw people continue to touch their nose so I rushed to the bathroom and licked my wrist and there it was the smell is back. I almost feel sorry that I have to post this, it really sucks soooo much!! I noticed that there is a lot more white residue throughout my tongue than normal which sucks even more
Hi, is that after coming off the antibiotics? If so then it might be your tonsils and it might be worth getting the op done. If not....well if the antibiotics initially worked that says something atleast imo, so Id still maybe try and have a poke around your mouth to identify where the epicentre of the odour is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic