Your Email Address:

First Name:

Diagnosed with GERD

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
untouchable05
Total Newbie

Diagnosed with GERD

Post by untouchable05 »

Hello everyone,

After trying out treatment for tonsil stones and having my bad breath return, I went back to another doctor. The doctor right away said it was a case of GERD (stomach acid reflux) I was prescribed with Omeprazole, one pill a day. I discussed with him the possibility of having H-Pylori but he says it is better to wait and see if treatment for GERD actually works. Has anyone been diagnosed with this and or tried this medication?

It is too early to tell any changes after one day but I am hoping to finally have my bad breath cured. Will keep everyone updated.

steffna
Junior

Re: Diagnosed with GERD

Post by steffna »

untouchable05 wrote:Hello everyone,

After trying out treatment for tonsil stones and having my bad breath return, I went back to another doctor. The doctor right away said it was a case of GERD (stomach acid reflux) I was prescribed with Omeprazole, one pill a day. I discussed with him the possibility of having H-Pylori but he says it is better to wait and see if treatment for GERD actually works. Has anyone been diagnosed with this and or tried this medication?

It is too early to tell any changes after one day but I am hoping to finally have my bad breath cured. Will keep everyone updated.
Hi, I was diagnosed with GERD ( mine doesn't burn at all, and it's only in the throat area ), hiatal hernia and gastritis a few years ago. Pylori negative. I took PPI's but they didn't work for me. ( omeprazole and pantoprazole )It depends on the person. Make sure you take them long enough to see if they're really working or not.
What other symptoms do you have?
I also tried the alternative method, believing I didn't have enough acid in my stomach, so I took Betaine HCL but they made me sick and burpy, so I guess I don't need extra acid. I hope your doctors will have the patience to sort this out, keep asking them, they won't do their job if you don't push them. Good luck!
untouchable05
Total Newbie

Re: Diagnosed with GERD

Post by untouchable05 »

"Hi, I was diagnosed with GERD ( mine doesn't burn at all, and it's only in the throat area ), hiatal hernia and gastritis a few years ago. Pylori negative. I took PPI's but they didn't work for me. ( omeprazole and pantoprazole )It depends on the person. Make sure you take them long enough to see if they're really working or not.
What other symptoms do you have?
I also tried the alternative method, believing I didn't have enough acid in my stomach, so I took Betaine HCL but they made me sick and burpy, so I guess I don't need extra acid. I hope your doctors will have the patience to sort this out, keep asking them, they won't do their job if you don't push them. Good luck![/quote]

Hello! Have you found anything that will somehow cure your bad breath temp? Or know the source of the problem? When I took Azythromocyn (for tonsil stones) I felt like the bacteria was neutralized a bit but not entirely. So far day 3 with the pills not a difference but it is still early to tell! I had a few GERD symptoms, like a burning feeling in my throat (not very often), I feel like a lump in my throat, really bad heartburn and of course the
bad breath. All symptoms seem to go right along with GERD but so far no changes! I really hope this is the cure, I have spent upwards of $600 in the past few months looking for a cure and the social anxiety that comes with it besides the price tag is unbearable!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic