Your Email Address:

First Name:

How often do you get obvious reactions?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DanielPine
Advanced
How often do you get obvious reactions?

Post by DanielPine »

I am not talking about rose rubs, people stepping away, covering nose etc

I am talking about explicit reactions, such as:

1) someone offering you gum/mints
2) someone telling you to your face
3) overhearing others talk about your bb

I have recently been considering that I might have halitophobia or intermittent bb, as I have not had one of these type of reactions for over 3 years.

winter
Sheriff

Re: How often do you get obvious reactions?

Post by winter »

Almost 0. People are too polite to tell you. Now, even my friends don't tell me because they know I can't fix it.
Juventus
Total Newbie
Re: How often do you get obvious reactions

Post by Juventus »

Someone once offered me a breath spray ( my uncle's wife ) I was
10 back then I guess and I'm so glad that she didn't do it recently because I would've gotten so offended.
I only get told in the face by my siblings nowadays and I get it once every few months.
I was eavesdropping once on my classmate when he was talking about my Bb but it was pretty obvious ( I was 12 at that time ) so that as almost 3 years ago. He said something along the lines of me and my friend's breath smells like feces. ( he's one of the only people that commented on my bb , he did it a bunch of times :roll: )
the second time was when I sat to next to this guy and he whispered to his twin brother ( she has bb And they both laughed ) as if I wasn't there =D> ( this was two years ago , grade 8 in math class. We were working on an assignment together )
Lzo
Total Newbie

Post by Lzo »

In 2013, a guy friend told me about my bb. He'd make jokes about it between him and me. He told me I smell like farts....he's so silly I couldn't help but laugh. Like someone else said, he knew I couldn't help it either.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Back when i was in university and still had a social life people offered me gums every day. I don't believe nose rubs and coughing are genuine bb reactions. I know many people here complain about it and i think it's all in their heads.
CherreBelle

Post by CherreBelle »

Must be nice to be you guys. I get reactions everyday, on the regular. I work at a hospital, you'd think medical professionals would be more understanding...ha! These people stand at a distance and talk about me like I'm some wild animal that needs to be put down. Even if I get on public transportation, I already know I have to sit as far away from other people as possible. I don't go to family functions anymore, I rarely go out and do anything fun because Of the nasal odor, I think the breath is better when I use hydrogen peroxide but It is what is right now
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

CherreBelle wrote:Must be nice to be you guys. I get reactions everyday, on the regular. I work at a hospital, you'd think medical professionals would be more understanding...ha! These people stand at a distance and talk about me like I'm some wild animal that needs to be put down. Even if I get on public transportation, I already know I have to sit as far away from other people as possible. I don't go to family functions anymore, I rarely go out and do anything fun because Of the nasal odor, I think the breath is better when I use hydrogen peroxide but It is what is right now

What do you work as? No one suggested any test you should do? How rare is it to have patients complain about bad breath? Have you met anyone with similar case?
Cureplzz
Advanced

Post by Cureplzz »

Damn reading this post made me so sad I know all these feelings I was in job Corps at 16 it was the weekend on weekends we got to go home but we had to ride on this gel looking bus so that they can drop us off at a train station that we all usually catch I had to sit next to the really mean Guy the whole bus ride once we arrived to our destination the guy jumped up and said oh my God her ****ing breath stink everyone on the bus heard him I was so embarrassed and wanted to die. Then this one time I stayed over at my boyfriend's house while he stayed at a different house cuz they didn't want us together in the same house I had to ride in the car with his mom, brother and sister during a car ride his mom asked his brother and sister did you guys brush your teeth today cuz the car smells like shit they both said yeah and I was sitting there like oh my God those are the two times I was sooo embarrassed
PLEASE ANYONE IN PHOENIX AZ HIT ME UP
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

Cureplzz wrote:Damn reading this post made me so sad I know all these feelings I was in job Corps at 16 it was the weekend on weekends we got to go home but we had to ride on this gel looking bus so that they can drop us off at a train station that we all usually catch I had to sit next to the really mean Guy the whole bus ride once we arrived to our destination the guy jumped up and said oh my God her ****ing breath stink everyone on the bus heard him I was so embarrassed and wanted to die. Then this one time I stayed over at my boyfriend's house while he stayed at a different house cuz they didn't want us together in the same house I had to ride in the car with his mom, brother and sister during a car ride his mom asked his brother and sister did you guys brush your teeth today cuz the car smells like shit they both said yeah and I was sitting there like oh my God those are the two times I was sooo embarrassed

Are you cured now?
Cureplzz
Advanced

Post by Cureplzz »

I AM as long as I use my mix with bleach and water yesss all day everyday it works all day I've started living life now
CherreBelle

Post by CherreBelle »

winter wrote:
CherreBelle wrote:Must be nice to be you guys. I get reactions everyday, on the regular. I work at a hospital, you'd think medical professionals would be more understanding...ha! These people stand at a distance and talk about me like I'm some wild animal that needs to be put down. Even if I get on public transportation, I already know I have to sit as far away from other people as possible. I don't go to family functions anymore, I rarely go out and do anything fun because Of the nasal odor, I think the breath is better when I use hydrogen peroxide but It is what is right now

What do you work as? No one suggested any test you should do? How rare is it to have patients complain about bad breath? Have you met anyone with similar case?
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, anyway, I work as a radiology tech. No, no one has ever offered me any advice but they have plenty of ridicule and embarrassment to offer. The patients and their families usually don't say anything to my face but I rarely have to be close to them anyway and when I do, I hold my breath and only answer with mmmhhmm or mmm-mms.

I have met another person who was like me before I had this problem. She was blissfully unaware of her condition, completely delusional about it.
CherreBelle

Post by CherreBelle »

Cureplzz wrote:I AM as long as I use my mix with bleach and water yesss all day everyday it works all day I've started living life now
That only worked once for me. Is there a specific method you use?
Cureplzz
Advanced

Post by Cureplzz »

CherreBelle wrote:
Cureplzz wrote:I AM as long as I use my mix with bleach and water yesss all day everyday it works all day I've started living life now
That only worked once for me. Is there a specific method you use?
Visit the post with the title of bleach diluted with water
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic