Your Email Address:

First Name:

bad breath after antibiotics

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bb5yrs
Advanced
bad breath after antibiotics

Post by Bb5yrs »

hello everyone,
after a lot of work and trial and error I came to the conclusion that my bad breath started when I took a long course of antibiotics after an infection I had. any idea how to treat that?

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus Surgery - Check
Dentist Examination - Check
H Pylori - Positive & got treatment - Check
Post nasal drip - tried temporary medication to stop it but BB didn't go - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
mindspace
Advanced

Re: bad breath after antibiotics

Post by mindspace »

My case is the same.Antibiotics damages the gut flora and you need to restore the gut flora.Also cours of antibiotics leads to leaky gut,irritable bowel syndrome and candida overgrowth.You need to be on a candida diet and probiotic for gut flora with more bifidobacteria at least for 3 months.Cut out sugar,all diary,junk foods,white flour,potatoes and white rice.Whole wheat bread and brown rise is ok.
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

If probiotics and a strict diet don't fix your gut then you may need to take another course of antibiotics and rebuild from scratch. Wipe the slate clean. Comes with risks for sure but it's something to keep in mind.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

Forget about antibiotics.Check your vitamin b12 and homocysteine level.That is a big problem for so many people.Homocysteine is amino acid that produce sulphur and it's toxic.Low methylation in the body= high histamine=allergic reactions.MTHFR gene deficiency is the reason for so many things -stress,autoimunne diseases,candida,leaky gut,anemia etc.All of this process happen in the liver.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic