Your Email Address:

First Name:

This is the only thing that actually worked for me

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
billie
Sheriff

This is the only thing that actually worked for me

Post by billie »

So I've been on a no sugar diet since august 12 and my breath still smells really bad. My diet the past 10 days have been SCD DIET chicken soup and other meats and eggs without sugar. After these 10 days I thought there was going to be a difference in tongue coating or smell, but no!. I was so confused. So today I went back to one of my old post to see what I've been doing wrong. Now I see that you can take all the sugar out of your diet, but if you don't take the meat out also you will still smell horrible. After 7 years I've failed constantly to stay on the diet. I've been on this site for so long! Anyway, below is my old post from when my diet used to work. I guess I'll have to go back to this way of eating. :(

"Ok, i have been eating alot of raw food for a couple of weeks.
I would have a green smoothie in the morning (banana and spinach) and i started to feel great after 3 days. Actually my first smoothie was a mango spinach smoothie, but mango is expensive so i used stevia instead.
Takin the fruit out and using stevia really worked well. After doing that for a while i started to put banana in my smoothies again and i did not feel as great as i did in the begining. I would eat fruit during the day and veggies for dinner, but it did not work. Last week i stopped eating fruit and also made smoothies without fruit. I ate tomato soup and ate raw veggies with it (broccoli) and a kale salad with apple, tomato, cucumber, mushrooms and bean sprouts and other sprouts. I was totally amazed the next day.
My tongue had a pink spots on it and the day after the pink spots got bigger and after that the hairyness on my tongue got shorther and shorter.
My feces where green everyday and the did not smell my BB got less.
I was so CLOSE but i got mad cravings this past weekend and i odered a big pizza and chocolate cookies. I 've been eating so much sugar today again. I just can't stop the cravings. Today i had french frites twice and chicken with mayonais, 9 big chocolate cookies, nuts, and candy. I ate my last chocolate cookie 10 minutes ago :-&.
Jimi was right, this diet is so difficult , but i know i can do it. This is the first time that te hairy tongue started to dissapear. Now i know that i don't have a crazy disease, my diet is wrong and i need to change it. For people on this board who haven't found a cure please try this diet stop looking for magic pill. Stop eating crap and you will also stop smelling like crap. I have proved it".

fog
Junior

Re: This is the only thing that actually worked for me

Post by fog »

I also have this white gunk and hairyish tongue. Gonna try some diet like you decribe and see if the tongue stops getting coated.

Safe foods
anything green: Broccoli, spinach, kale, cucumber, beansprouts etc.
also
mushrooms, tomato
apple

Any fruit besides apple?
mango, pinapple probably good?

Banana probaly not so good it seems.

I wonder if carrots and onion are good. Which other foods would be safe for a pink tongue diet you think ?
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

fog wrote:I also have this white gunk and hairyish tongue. Gonna try some diet like you decribe and see if the tongue stops getting coated.

Safe foods
anything green: Broccoli, spinach, kale, cucumber, beansprouts etc.
also
mushrooms, tomato
apple

Any fruit besides apple?
mango, pinapple probably good?

Banana probaly not so good it seems.

I wonder if carrots and onion are good. Which other foods would be safe for a pink tongue diet you think ?
How are you going with your diet?
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

A lifetime of food habits cant be changed overnight it seems so I have tried and failed, the change was too big.

But I havent given up, I belive the solution is finding some type of comfort staple food. For me im thinking burritos.
I need some meat substitute and in a burrito you can use a strong spicemix to hide the lack of meat.
So im gonna try different meat substitutes and experiment untill i can make a decent vegan burrito and go from there.
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

What foods are you trying to eliminate?

May I ask how old you are?

I have only eliminated gluten and dairy so far, sugar next. I know enough not to try and eliminate whole food groups all at once - it's ridiculously hard and will make you sick.

If you can afford it you might consider having a dietitian supervise your diet, they will be able to suggest alternate options while you both try to figure out which foods are causing your bb.
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

Im looking to exclude all the things people seem to have success eliminating, so: gluten, sugar, dairy, meat & eggs.. maybe even onions and garlic but jeez not much left then to taste. I have slowly reduced dairy, red meats and tried some alternatives to gluten.
At the moment im binging some of these crap foods as a farewell. And I have noticed that chocolate makes me get skin blemishes, so there are bad reactions I am sure of, anyone else get that?

Im not a kid if you are wondering. I was amused when you called me mate in the other thread, I grew up watching the flying doctors and Cell block H :D
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

Im not a kid if you are wondering.
I only asked because I believe adults have an easier time with strict diets (maybe that's not always true though)

I'm 40 and have always believed my bb was caused by my diet.

Bad breath has destroyed so much of my life and still I never had the willpower to follow a diet to exclude suspect foods. But now I am finally ready.

It's very, very hard but it's worth it to finally reach for a solution.

I hope it works, and if it does I am promising not to be hard on myself, I just wasn't ready before. That's all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic