Your Email Address:

First Name:

...worried

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jo317
Advanced

...worried

Post by jo317 »

I have what I think is PND but very well may be something totally different. It is only on one side, one side of the throat, one nostril (it always feels a little swollen/inflamed). Its not allergies. For awhile I thought it was LPR but have no other symptoms and taking HCL didn't help. I don't have any symptoms of an infection other than the swollen feeling and mucus. Then I thought it was a dysfunction with my ear tube, which still may be a possibility. But anyways I know that this issue is somehow connected to my bb. I had class recently, where my bb usually gets very bad. I take night classes and it seems my mouth always feels heavier at night, than throughout the day, but even more so with the stress and worry and having to talk to people. I was so angry and frustrated with it that while driving home I kept pressing on the side of my throat where I feel the swelling or lump feeling in my throat, thinking that maybe something is wrong down there. Maybe I'm not swallowing correctly or I will feel something I haven't before. I was pressing really hard and from pushing in on my throat could sort of pin point where I feel it on the inside. And that's when I noticed, around that same area, a smallish (maybe size of penny or smaller) hard lump. :shock: in the indent between my left ear and the top of angle of my jaw. Right below the ear lobe. I thought maybe its a bone, but the other side does not feel the same. It may be the main salivary gland, though when swollen or growing tumors that is usually in front of the ear. One website did say it can present itself below ear and that when cancerous it grows on one side. Would salivary gland cancer produce bad breath? Could it be something else? And if it was cancer, this is something (bb) that has been bothering me for 2 ish years or more...wouldn't I have other symptoms by now? Am I just freaking out and being irrational?

I've never read about salivary glands on here before... why not? Has anybody been cured this way?