Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can everyone share their sure-fire quick fixes for social events?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sadface

Can everyone share their sure-fire quick fixes for social events?

Post by Sadface »

I have a concert I'm going to tonight and I have been having a rough past few days. I desperately want to get out of going but I know that is not the right thing to do. But strangely enough, this morning, I woke up with a thick yellow and white coating on my tongue for the FIRST time ever. It's only ever been white before. Yesterday I did the upside down sinus flush, do you think that's the infected mucous flushing out of my system??? That's my only hope :( The only other thing I've done differently was using hydrogen peroxide as an attempt at just having one night free of bad breath last night, I know I don't want to rely on hydrogen peroxide as regular use and it dries my mouth out terribly. Anyways, this new yellow coating is bumming me out and my tongue seems to coat much more quickly all of a sudden even after doing my whole routine and using my tung brush like CRAZY to the point that it hurts.
So, since I'm feeling more insecure than ever and have to go to a social event, anyone have any quick tricks they use when they have to be BB free for a few hours or so? any products that mask it well enough? I just want to enjoy myself with a little bit of confidence.
Thank you.

tambaking

Re: Can everyone share their sure-fire quick fixes for social events?

Post by tambaking »

I have nasal fecal BB. The only thing that help is Antibiotic. Part from that nothing help. before I go out I make sure I brush my mouth before I leave. sometime I carry a little bottle with high alcohol content to Swiss my mouth with. like vodka ti temporarily kill bacteria for a short period of time.
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

I am really late to this thread but for future reference this is my quick fix:

1) Scrape tongue, floss (I use waterpik), brush teeth
2) Dab of arm and hammer toothpaste on finger and reach into throat and clear out the lingual tonsils (IMPORTANT)
3) Rinse mouth thoroughly with a bleach and water solution. Gargle and swish for 1-2 minutes, try to get your tonsil area too if possible
4) Take a pepto chewable and distribute it evenly through your mouth, even in the lingual area you just cleaned. Don't swallow, try to let it sit for a few minutes first

Take a few pepto chewables with you as these are highly effective at eliminating VSCs. Chew one if you feel the halitosis coming back. Also some cinnamon sugar-free gum.
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

Nothing works, I just brush my teeth and try to forget it.

I also often chew and suck on ice while in restaurants and bars.

I know the cold will kill some bacteria.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

ttylxman2 wrote:I am really late to this thread but for future reference this is my quick fix:

2) Dab of arm and hammer toothpaste on finger and reach into throat and clear out the lingual tonsils (IMPORTANT)
3) Rinse mouth thoroughly with a bleach and water solution. Gargle and swish for 1-2 minutes, try to get your tonsil area too if possible
4) Take a pepto chewable and distribute it evenly through your mouth, even in the lingual area you just cleaned. Don't swallow, try to let it sit for a few minutes first

Take a few pepto chewables with you as these are highly effective at eliminating VSCs. Chew one if you feel the halitosis coming back. Also some cinnamon sugar-free gum.
Where to get Pepto in Asia, preferably Malaysia? Would like to try this.
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

Winter, I bought Pink Bismuth from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pepto-Bismol-Ch ... xyf1dTI24v

I have never tried it. It hasn't arrived yet.

I am hopeful.
Sadface

Post by Sadface »

ttylxman2 wrote:I am really late to this thread but for future reference this is my quick fix:

I've heard of the pepto chewables helping...I haven't tried them myself. I think my problem is nasal drip on my tongue and throat, I wonder if pepto would still help me.
I'm currently using carifree's treatment rinse which has diluted bleach in part B (two bottles, you mix A and B) do you think that its just as effective as your bleach rinse?
Thanks for all your info. I used to dab toothpaste on my lingual tonsils as well but I didn't know if it was helping or not. Now I scrape as far back as I can and hope that works.
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Sadface wrote:

I've heard of the pepto chewables helping...I haven't tried them myself. I think my problem is nasal drip on my tongue and throat, I wonder if pepto would still help me.
I'm currently using carifree's treatment rinse which has diluted bleach in part B (two bottles, you mix A and B) do you think that its just as effective as your bleach rinse?
Thanks for all your info. I used to dab toothpaste on my lingual tonsils as well but I didn't know if it was helping or not. Now I scrape as far back as I can and hope that works.
My problem is also nasal drip. I don't know if it carries bacteria from my sinuses into my mouth or if the bacteria in my mouth feed off the drip.

Pepto definitely helps. It's the strongest relief anything has ever given me and I am sure it'll help you too.

Yes I am pretty sure the bleach treatment you are using is the same. All I do is pour some bleach into a cup of water and gargle it.
Sadface

Post by Sadface »

ttylxman2 wrote:
Sadface wrote:

My problem is also nasal drip. I don't know if it carries bacteria from my sinuses into my mouth or if the bacteria in my mouth feed off the drip.

Pepto definitely helps. It's the strongest relief anything has ever given me and I am sure it'll help you too.

Yes I am pretty sure the bleach treatment you are using is the same. All I do is pour some bleach into a cup of water and gargle it.
Really? Interesting I'll have to give them a try! I wonder the same thing-I'm leaning more towards it being the bacteria feeding on the drip, with the possibility of my oral bacteria count (the bad bacteria) being higher than normal, producing more odor. I've read that the mechanical acts of cleaning (scraping, flossing and brushing) are most effective for us because it removes that drainage but of course it comes back over time...lately I've been trying the flip sinus rinse and I don't want to get too hopeful but since I posted this I feel like my problem has diminished and I don't know if I'm imagining it but I feel like there is less sticky mucous when I swallow and after I eat I don't have to clear my throat like crazy. Have you tried oral probiotics? I'm trying to restore my bacteria to normal levels (who knows if I'm even in the right direction though) by using the carifree (it's advertised to change your biofilm bacteria to prevent cavities) and then following with chewing or sucking on oral probiotics, so there's more good bacteria than bad.
I also use closys mouth rinse, and GSE in my tongue scraper. All of these things help me feel a little more secure but the true test is waiting and seeing if anyone makes a mean comment when I'm out. Sucks but it seems like that's really the only way for me to know if I'm good or not.
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Sadface wrote: Really? Interesting I'll have to give them a try! I wonder the same thing-I'm leaning more towards it being the bacteria feeding on the drip, with the possibility of my oral bacteria count (the bad bacteria) being higher than normal, producing more odor. I've read that the mechanical acts of cleaning (scraping, flossing and brushing) are most effective for us because it removes that drainage but of course it comes back over time...lately I've been trying the flip sinus rinse and I don't want to get too hopeful but since I posted this I feel like my problem has diminished and I don't know if I'm imagining it but I feel like there is less sticky mucous when I swallow and after I eat I don't have to clear my throat like crazy. Have you tried oral probiotics? I'm trying to restore my bacteria to normal levels (who knows if I'm even in the right direction though) by using the carifree (it's advertised to change your biofilm bacteria to prevent cavities) and then following with chewing or sucking on oral probiotics, so there's more good bacteria than bad.
I also use closys mouth rinse, and GSE in my tongue scraper. All of these things help me feel a little more secure but the true test is waiting and seeing if anyone makes a mean comment when I'm out. Sucks but it seems like that's really the only way for me to know if I'm good or not.
Keep doing the flip turn rinses for at least a month before giving up. It can take awhile to really clear out your gunk.

I have tried oral probiotics with zero luck. They do nothing for me regardless of how I try to use them or which brands. There are people who swear by them though and have gotten major relief. I do think they are important just not likely to cure an imbalance by themselves.

That really sucks that you can't tell when you have BB. Mine has a very strong nasty taste like feces and garbage mixed together. If I lick my hand it smells like poop. I assume I am BB free when there is no longer a taste, and by the lack of reactions I get, it appears to be the case.

I've tried so many things and NOTHING seems to get rid of this taste for long. I either have a hidden dental abscess leaking into my mouth (dentists assure me not the case but they can be tricky to find) or the bacteria in my sinuses is populating my mouth. It's either one of those or my bacteria balance is just messed up and can't be fixed w/o heavy antibiotic use to reset the flora, then repopulating with oral probiotics. This is the next thing I am testing as after over a decade of trying to fix this I am starting to lose my mind and am willing to try anything.
Sadface

Post by Sadface »

ttylxman2 wrote:
Sadface wrote: Really? Interesting I'll have to give them a try! I wonder the same thing-I'm leaning more towards it being the bacteria feeding on the drip, with the possibility of my oral bacteria count (the bad bacteria) being higher than normal, producing more odor. I've read that the mechanical acts of cleaning (scraping, flossing and brushing) are most effective for us because it removes that drainage but of course it comes back over time...lately I've been trying the flip sinus rinse and I don't want to get too hopeful but since I posted this I feel like my problem has diminished and I don't know if I'm imagining it but I feel like there is less sticky mucous when I swallow and after I eat I don't have to clear my throat like crazy. Have you tried oral probiotics? I'm trying to restore my bacteria to normal levels (who knows if I'm even in the right direction though) by using the carifree (it's advertised to change your biofilm bacteria to prevent cavities) and then following with chewing or sucking on oral probiotics, so there's more good bacteria than bad.
Keep doing the flip turn rinses for at least a month before giving up. It can take awhile to really clear out your gunk.

I have tried oral probiotics with zero luck. They do nothing for me regardless of how I try to use them or which brands. There are people who swear by them though and have gotten major relief. I do think they are important just not likely to cure an imbalance by themselves.

That really sucks that you can't tell when you have BB. Mine has a very strong nasty taste like feces and garbage mixed together. If I lick my hand it smells like poop. I assume I am BB free when there is no longer a taste, and by the lack of reactions I get, it appears to be the case.

I've tried so many things and NOTHING seems to get rid of this taste for long. I either have a hidden dental abscess leaking into my mouth (dentists assure me not the case but they can be tricky to find) or the bacteria in my sinuses is populating my mouth. It's either one of those or my bacteria balance is just messed up and can't be fixed w/o heavy antibiotic use to reset the flora, then repopulating with oral probiotics. This is the next thing I am testing as after over a decade of trying to fix this I am starting to lose my mind and am willing to try anything.
I feel your pain. If I lick my hand I can't smell anything because the odor for me comes from the posterior region so I have to swipe the back of my tongue with my finger and try to detect odor that way. I generally can't taste a foul taste but I do wonder if I'm just accustomed to it and don't notice it anymore. Hard to say. Thank you for all of your advice, I'm going to be giving the pepto a try for sure! Best of luck to you.
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Sadface wrote: I feel your pain. If I lick my hand I can't smell anything because the odor for me comes from the posterior region so I have to swipe the back of my tongue with my finger and try to detect odor that way. I generally can't taste a foul taste but I do wonder if I'm just accustomed to it and don't notice it anymore. Hard to say. Thank you for all of your advice, I'm going to be giving the pepto a try for sure! Best of luck to you.
Good luck to you as well! Please let us know how it goes. I'll be posting a new thread at some point about my antibiotic reset treatment plan.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Post by Lifelongsufferer »

@ttylxman2 Are you no longer using the chlorine bleach method?
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery
Visited 3+ ENTs & 2 gastros.
Diagnosed w/ SIBO (hydrogen test)
Peroxide, metronidazole and Sodium Hypochlorite all worked for 2 weeks.

FODMAP, vegan and candida diet tried. Slight improvement.
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Lifelongsufferer wrote:@ttylxman2 Are you no longer using the chlorine bleach method?
I absolutely am. It is the best "mouth wash" I've found so far and still use it multiple times a day.
Very temporary but same with all others for me. Hydrogen peroxide is only about half as effective I find.
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Drink Dry red wine such as a Cabernet (not the cheap ones) and eat dark chocolate (at least 70% Cacao content and no milk in the ingredients) The tannins in both will keep the bacteria at bay. I learned this through experience and later did a Google research. Perfect combination for a date.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic