Your Email Address:

First Name:

GI appointment next week

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Lebron.James
Total Newbie

GI appointment next week

Post by Lebron.James »

Hello all,
I have a GI appointment next week and want to make sure I do this right. I have been a very poor advocate for myself in the past with doctors in reference to my bad breath.
As far as a GI is concerned what are all of the conditions that I should ask her about (i.e. candida, sibo). Any special testing I should ask for? She is a DO as opposed to an MD so I'm hoping she will be a little more open to listening to my complaints

In terms of my history, ive had fecal bad breat for 10 some odd years and haven't really found much to make it better aside from a ridiculously long oral routine in the morning which somewhat masks it in the morning. Been to 3 dentists and ruled out any oral causes. 3 ENTS without much help, and one previous GI who did an endoscopy for reflux but didn't find any reflux damage in the esophagus (although one of my ENTS was positive I had acid reflux and put me on PPIs, which after seveal weeks gave me increased reflux symptoms). Still have my tonsils and adenoids and will try to see another ent eventually but I feel this is likely an internal issue and want to rule outevery possible GI cause before returning to my tonsils and adenoids