Your Email Address:

First Name:

This is what’s been working for me

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

This is what’s been working for me

Post by Lifelongsufferer »

I’ve been scared to post this because I don’t want to jinx things, but I’d feel awful if I didn’t at least help someone.

This is NOT a cure, it is merely a method of managing my BB enough to lead a semi normal life.

I learnt about the chlorine bleach rinse over a year ago through this forum, and it worked for me for a little while and then seemed to stop. Then recently I decided to try again but with some additional steps.

1. Every evening I fill my Neil Med sinus rinse bottle with boiled and cooled saline water, 5 drops of pure oregano oil, 5 drops of pure clove oil, 5 drops of pure rosemary oil and a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
2. I then squirt this solution in each nostril a few time, letting it run out of the opposing nostril a bit before snorting it into the back of my throat. I also lay down flat on the floor and squirt some into my nostrils and tilt my head back to reach my upper sinuses. - someone posted a video here once explaining how to do this but I can’t find it.
3. **VERY IMPORTANT** I then floss all of my teeth throughly, ensuring I go up and around each tooth to reach all under the gum line.
4. I brush my teeth thoroughly, with standard Colgate toothpaste.
5. I then brush my tongue thoroughly with only water, and reach down my throat as far as I can as well as brushing the roof of my mouth and insides of my cheeks.
6. I then use the chlorine rinse to rinse my mouth for 1 minute, and then gargle with it as long as possible (around 2 minutes) with my tongue stuck out and my throat relaxed. This helps it get as far down my throat as possible.

Then in the morning I use the rest of the solution to rinse my sinuses again as before, brush my teeth & tongue, and do the chlorine rinse again but with a freshly made batch.

For the chlorine rinse I use MILTON’s STERILISING FLUID - which you can by from Amazon. It is standard sodium hypochlorite but as it is used for sterilising babies bottles etc. I feel it’s more likely to be free from other nasty additives.

I put 1 teaspoon of bleach in a glass with 10 teaspoons of water.

This method has worked for me for the past 2 months. The effects last for 9 hours, and if I’m at work I just take a little of the bleach rinse with me to refresh my mouth at lunchtime.

This method has been so successful that I was able to take a 3 hour flight on my own and have absolutely no reactions from the people next to me. I was on holiday for a week eating and drinking whatever I liked with no reactions. I have since been on numowrous dates and nights out with friends and also had no reactions, people even ask me how I don’t get bad breath after a night out!

Please to not take this as advice, I do not know the long term side effects of this method and am not suggesting that you follow it. I am simply sharing what works for me.

I don’t know how long this will last either, but I plan to enjoy life as much as I can while it is still effective.

Thinking of you all
Lifelong

22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery
Visited 3+ ENTs & 2 gastros.
Diagnosed w/ SIBO (hydrogen test)
Peroxide, metronidazole and Sodium Hypochlorite all worked for 2 weeks.

FODMAP, vegan and candida diet tried. Slight improvement.
ttylxman2
Junior
Re: This is what’s been working for me

Post by ttylxman2 »

Fantastic! I think all BB sufferers should start with this treatment and go from there. Great contribution. Pretty much sums up what I'm doing now as well because all other treatments have completely lost effectiveness over the years.

I recommend adding a final step.

7. Crush a pepto chewable tablet and swish it around your mouth for a minute. Spit it out after so you can use this trick regularly with much less risk of bismuth toxicity. It'll coat your mouth in bismuth which is incredibly effective at neutralizing VSCs. Probably the best relief I've had besides bleach and those two are second only to antibiotics..
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Thank you! I’ll definitely try the Pepto tablet you recommend.

How long do stay BB free when you follow your method? I think I get about 9 hours at the moment
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Lifelongsufferer wrote:Thank you! I’ll definitely try the Pepto tablet you recommend.

How long do stay BB free when you follow your method? I think I get about 9 hours at the moment
BB free? Probably an hour or two as usual before I start tasting SOMETHING in my mouth. However it remains significantly improved for at least 6-8 hours.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Did it last for longer and it’s effectiveness has reduced? Or has it only ever made you BB free for a couple of hours?
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Lifelongsufferer wrote:Did it last for longer and it’s effectiveness has reduced? Or has it only ever made you BB free for a couple of hours?
Bismuth is pretty powerful stuff. I've woken up with zero morning breath before after having chewed a few tablets the day before. Unfortunately it seems to lose effectiveness and becomes just another tool to help deal with it.

It still works great though and I recommend everyone here to have some in their medicine cabinet and their pockets at all times. I love how I can just chew one without anyone really looking twice. Can take it with you on planes etc. It's very cheap and readily available as well which is a major plus.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Hey, sorry I should’ve been clearer. I meant when you use the bleach method, how long are you B.B. free? And have you found the bleach method becomes less effective over time?

I definitely will buy some pepto!
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Lifelongsufferer wrote:Hey, sorry I should’ve been clearer. I meant when you use the bleach method, how long are you B.B. free? And have you found the bleach method becomes less effective over time?

I definitely will buy some pepto!
No it does not get less effective from what I've seen. Only been using bleach for about a year and before that it was hydrogen peroxide straight out of the bottle, which barely did anything for me. Bleach alone doesn't do much either unless I clean my entire mouth first and scrape my tongue but the effectiveness remains the same provided that has been done.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

I know you said you are doing something similar to what I suggested, but have you followed the exact steps I listed? I really think it could make a difference, and I find it is only effective if I follow all of the steps and that the effectiveness increases over time. It took a week for me to be able to wake up without morning BB

For the first day or two you might not be bb free for that long but I find after a week the effects last longer and longer.

The only other thing I do is avoid sugar and dairy if possible.
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Lifelongsufferer wrote:I know you said you are doing something similar to what I suggested, but have you followed the exact steps I listed? I really think it could make a difference, and I find it is only effective if I follow all of the steps and that the effectiveness increases over time. It took a week for me to be able to wake up without morning BB

For the first day or two you might not be bb free for that long but I find after a week the effects last longer and longer.

The only other thing I do is avoid sugar and dairy if possible.
Sure! Except I will use Johnson's Baby Shampoo, Xylitol, GSE and Oregano Oil as those are what I have on hand. I'll pick those other things up later and try that out too.
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Awesome, good luck! Don’t forget to floss, that’s really important.

And when you rinse your sinuses ensure you *snort* it down your throat and spit it out a few times to make sure no old mucus or bacteria are stuck up the top of your throat.
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery

Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello lifelongsufferer.

Did you change your diet? Do you drink coffee?

Thank you for posting your results. I have stop nasal irrigation a long time ago. Maybe i'll do it again based on your result.

Thanks again
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello lifelong sufferer

Have you tried something daring?
Like letting your friend hold you your smartphone. Then let him record while you walk on the busiest street. If the people behind you did not react, then your bb is gone. If the people behind you reacted, then you still have bb.

Its just a suggestion. I hope you're not mad.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello again lifelong

What else have you been taking? Any food supplements? Probiotics?
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello again

May i know the amt of salt on your saline solution?

Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic