Your Email Address:

First Name:

Promising research. Article is 3 years old tho.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
WhiteCat
Advanced
Promising research. Article is 3 years old tho.

Post by WhiteCat »

ttylxman2
Junior
Re: Promising research. Article is 3 years old tho.

Post by ttylxman2 »

Great link. One of the few mainstream articles that doesn't blame the sufferers or their alleged lack of hygiene.

It is one of my greatest fears that for some of us, halitosis is the natural state of our mouths and simply can not be changed. For instance, it is entirely possible that a low IgA count in saliva can allow bad bacteria to always proliferate over the good, and continue growing out of control. If I leave my mouth be for days at a time it continues getting worse and worse until literally all I taste is feces. If I lick my lips I smell it too. This is not only just halitosis or one bacteria species winning out over another, but an overgrowth almost like my immune system isn't keeping the ants in the farm so to speak. My IgA saliva levels were JUST a hair above deficient when I had them tested, yet very few results on google turn up for IgA deficiency causing halitosis.

There is no treatment for low IgA levels so of course I am dearly hoping that is not the cause. More research needs to be done on this stuff! Such a common problem with such disastrous effects on the sufferers.
gotshot26
Master
Re: Promising research. Article is 3 years old tho.

Post by gotshot26 »

hey, nice find. will google to see if they made any more discoveries.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic