Your Email Address:

First Name:

Sinus problems

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sadface

Sinus problems

Post by Sadface »

Has anyone tried the sinus spray they sell with oil of oregano already in it? The reviews say it burns like hell...but I'd be willing to give it a try if it would stop my nasal drip/kick an infection if there is one. I think it's called Sinu Orega.

ttylxman2
Junior
Re: Sinus problems

Post by ttylxman2 »

Sadface wrote:Has anyone tried the sinus spray they sell with oil of oregano already in it? The reviews say it burns like hell...but I'd be willing to give it a try if it would stop my nasal drip/kick an infection if there is one. I think it's called Sinu Orega.
I made a DIY nose spray using a saline pump spray from drug store mixed with oil of oregano. I top it off with a few drops and more saline solution when it runs low.

Honestly haven't noticed any changes in my chronic sinusitis. It's worth a shot but I think straight up netipotting is a better solution. Try it though. I haven't stopped because it doens't seem to do any harm. Burns for a moment like snorting vodka, sure, but that's hardly a problem when looking for a cure. Maybe after a few months it'll have some cumulative results..
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Just found this. Pretty interesting!
1. BAD BREATH.
2. Horrible tastes/smells that come from the back of my mouth. Sour or morning breath tastes ALL day especially after eating.
3. Constant white, clear or sometimes light yellow MUCUS lodged in the back of my throat at all times, causing me to gag and have to secretly find a way to spit it out without anyone seeing me doing this nasty procedure.
4. WHITE GUNKY COATING all over my tongue from the constant mucus dripping down my throat.
Ok. Im not a physician so you can't sue me. That said, I suffered from the same symptoms you described. Here's what I found. You probably needed allergy shots for either seasonal allergies or pets etc. Next diet is important. High fat diets produce histamines which also cause allergic reations. Cut back. Increase water to thin mucus secretions. Increase physical activities...helps immunity.

Heres the good part, I discovered that my constant pnd was caused from chronic sinus infections. Id go to my allergist and get antibiotics and my bb would leave, but only for a few days. Then its back to coated tongue and dry mouth. After reading up on biofilms (a coating that keeps infections from ever really being eliminated) I discovered that a nasal pulsator(waterpik makes one called sinuseanse sold at walmart) with a saline packet mixed with 2 drops of Johnson and John son baby shampoo and water eliminates biofilms. This instantly helped pnd and tongue coating. Bb improved...but not totally eliminated. Finally out of utter desperation I took half of a amoxicilllin tab that I had from a previous sinus infection, mixed it with the saline, shampoo and water solution and shook it up in the pulsator until it was dissolved. I then shot the mix into both nostrils, letting it sit until it dried. I repeated this in the am and pm for two days. That did it.......5 years of pAin was done. My saliva was normal...no lump in my throat..no coating on tongue..no foul pnd. Bb gone!
I think the infection is somewhere in the sinus cavity. Antibiotics can't heal you until the biofilm is gone. Once it is eliminated the antibiotic can do its job! I pray this helps you...i understand what youve been through..i think this is your soultion! God bless!
https://www.healthboards.com/boards/4842799-post4.html

Really cool. They eliminated the biofilms then crushed an antibiotic tablet and used it to irrigate with.
Patients were randomly assigned to 1 of 4 treatment groups: 1 day of parenteral clindamycin (standard prophylaxis), 1 day of topical clindamycin, 5 days of topical clindamycin, or 1 day of topical amoxicillin plus clavulanate/ticarcillin plus clavulanate. Patients who received the latter regimen had fewer bacteria postoperatively compared with the other 3 treatment groups
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8077738

Seems it can be used topically.
Sadface

Post by Sadface »

ttylxman2 wrote:Just found this. Pretty interesting!
1. BAD BREATH.
2. Horrible tastes/smells that come from the back of my mouth. Sour or morning breath tastes ALL day especially after eating.
3. Constant white, clear or sometimes light yellow MUCUS lodged in the back of my throat at all times, causing me to gag and have to secretly find a way to spit it out without anyone seeing me doing this nasty procedure.
4. WHITE GUNKY COATING all over my tongue from the constant mucus dripping down my throat.
Ok. Im not a physician so you can't sue me. That said, I suffered from the same symptoms you described. Here's what I found. You probably needed allergy shots for either seasonal allergies or pets etc. Next diet is important. High fat diets produce histamines which also cause allergic reations. Cut back. Increase water to thin mucus secretions. Increase physical activities...helps immunity.

Heres the good part, I discovered that my constant pnd was caused from chronic sinus infections. Id go to my allergist and get antibiotics and my bb would leave, but only for a few days. Then its back to coated tongue and dry mouth. After reading up on biofilms (a coating that keeps infections from ever really being eliminated) I discovered that a nasal pulsator(waterpik makes one called sinuseanse sold at walmart) with a saline packet mixed with 2 drops of Johnson and John son baby shampoo and water eliminates biofilms. This instantly helped pnd and tongue coating. Bb improved...but not totally eliminated. Finally out of utter desperation I took half of a amoxicilllin tab that I had from a previous sinus infection, mixed it with the saline, shampoo and water solution and shook it up in the pulsator until it was dissolved. I then shot the mix into both nostrils, letting it sit until it dried. I repeated this in the am and pm for two days. That did it.......5 years of pAin was done. My saliva was normal...no lump in my throat..no coating on tongue..no foul pnd. Bb gone!
I think the infection is somewhere in the sinus cavity. Antibiotics can't heal you until the biofilm is gone. Once it is eliminated the antibiotic can do its job! I pray this helps you...i understand what youve been through..i think this is your soultion! God bless!
https://www.healthboards.com/boards/4842799-post4.html

Really cool. They eliminated the biofilms then crushed an antibiotic tablet and used it to irrigate with.
Patients were randomly assigned to 1 of 4 treatment groups: 1 day of parenteral clindamycin (standard prophylaxis), 1 day of topical clindamycin, 5 days of topical clindamycin, or 1 day of topical amoxicillin plus clavulanate/ticarcillin plus clavulanate. Patients who received the latter regimen had fewer bacteria postoperatively compared with the other 3 treatment groups
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8077738

Seems it can be used topically.
I've read this before but forgot about it because I assumed I wouldn't ever be able to get amoxicillin, turns out my dad has some in his medicine cabinet...I don't know if I want to run and get a nasal irrigator, did you say you have one or have you ever tried one? I use a sinus rinse bottle to do the flip sinus rinse. I wonder if I could put the mixture in that and it would work just as well or if I should try to follow their guidelines as closely as possible?
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Sadface wrote: I've read this before but forgot about it because I assumed I wouldn't ever be able to get amoxicillin, turns out my dad has some in his medicine cabinet...I don't know if I want to run and get a nasal irrigator, did you say you have one or have you ever tried one? I use a sinus rinse bottle to do the flip sinus rinse. I wonder if I could put the mixture in that and it would work just as well or if I should try to follow their guidelines as closely as possible?
I don't think an irrigator is really necessary. I don't have one although I do have a waterpik which is incredible.

What you want is a big water bottle that you can squeeze to put pressurized water through your sinuses and can hold a large amount of water. I think Jimi recommends one in a sticky somewhere on these boards. I got the one he recommended and love it.

As for antibiotics.. https://www.walmart.com/ip/FISH-MOX-FOR ... T/39882796

I legally can't recommend you to take these as they are for fish and not approved for use in humans. However it is said that ThomasLabs sources their product directly from the same factory line that makes the human variety with zero difference even in capsule markings.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic