Your Email Address:

First Name:

Enter security code:



Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
WhiteCat
Junior
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Gender: Female - Female
Australia

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby WhiteCat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 am

Definitely. I'd put an ad in craigslist for someone with perfect dental health to enroll in a "research test" in which their tongue is scraped 3x daily and kept in fridge for daily collection. (will it survive that?) Would pay them of course not sure how much would be necessary.

So gross though I don't know if I could do it without puking.


No. it won't survive refrigeration.

Cold kills bacteria, I wouldn't risk it.

People will do anything for money, but having a stranger is risky af. You'd need to pay for testing HIV, Hepatitis etc. Starts to get complicated and expensive.

But anyway, see if this works first, hey? :D




ttylxman2
Junior
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:43 pm
Gender: Male - Male
Canada

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby ttylxman2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 am

WhiteCat wrote:
Definitely. I'd put an ad in craigslist for someone with perfect dental health to enroll in a "research test" in which their tongue is scraped 3x daily and kept in fridge for daily collection. (will it survive that?) Would pay them of course not sure how much would be necessary.

So gross though I don't know if I could do it without puking.


No. it won't survive refrigeration.

Cold kills bacteria, I wouldn't risk it.

People will do anything for money, but having a stranger is risky af. You'd need to pay for testing HIV, Hepatitis etc. Starts to get complicated and expensive.

But anyway, see if this works first, hey? :D


Yeah, same issues that fecal transplants have when it comes to donor stools. It comes with risks for sure and definitely best to take it from a spouse or family member you know to be in good health. If it works I would not rest until finding a way to convince a good candidate.

Dead
Advanced
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 pm
Gender: Male - Male
Sweden

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby Dead » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:45 am

I don't think fasting is necessary. When people who undergoes FMT's fast they do it to reduce the amount of feces and bacteria in their entire digestive tract. You only need to reduce it on the tongue essentially, which can be done by just scraping and perhaps using bleach. If you are going to do a series of transplants then maybe using bleach only before the very first one would be a good idea. It would help kill off the pathogens and if it has a negative effect on the new flora, the subsequent transplants wouldn't be affected.

WhiteCat
Junior
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Gender: Female - Female
Australia

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby WhiteCat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 am

Dead wrote:I don't think fasting is necessary. When people who undergoes FMT's fast they do it to reduce the amount of feces and bacteria in their entire digestive tract. You only need to reduce it on the tongue essentially, which can be done by just scraping and perhaps using bleach. If you are going to do a series of transplants then maybe using bleach only before the very first one would be a good idea. It would help kill off the pathogens and if it has a negative effect on the new flora, the subsequent transplants wouldn't be affected.


Yeah, I’ll think it over...

I could do a little research into the different types of bleaches available.

I did study microbiology at university a few thousand years ago and I clearly remember our lab professor mentioning that some of the better disinfectants had residual effects.

I would need to avoid those for this experiment.

Dead
Advanced
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 pm
Gender: Male - Male
Sweden

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby Dead » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:08 am

WhiteCat wrote:
Dead wrote:I don't think fasting is necessary. When people who undergoes FMT's fast they do it to reduce the amount of feces and bacteria in their entire digestive tract. You only need to reduce it on the tongue essentially, which can be done by just scraping and perhaps using bleach. If you are going to do a series of transplants then maybe using bleach only before the very first one would be a good idea. It would help kill off the pathogens and if it has a negative effect on the new flora, the subsequent transplants wouldn't be affected.


Yeah, I’ll think it over...

I could do a little research into the different types of bleaches available.

I did study microbiology at university a few thousand years ago and I clearly remember our lab professor mentioning that some of the better disinfectants had residual effects.

I would need to avoid those for this experiment.

I know that chlorhexidine has that effect. It binds to the tissue and then gets released slowly over time. Yeah definitely avoid that one..


WhiteCat
Junior
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Gender: Female - Female
Australia

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby WhiteCat » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 am

Ok, I’m going to begin this experiment in mid December, when my husband and I will be together every day on holidays from work.

In the meantime I will try other things - I’ve just cut gluten and I’m going to buy chlorophyll today too.

I will also take time to do some research into how best to run the experiment, like concurrent diet etc.

I’ll set a solid date in early December.

Ugh. Fml.

Dead
Advanced
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 pm
Gender: Male - Male
Sweden

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby Dead » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Great, can't wait for the result!

ttylxman2
Junior
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:43 pm
Gender: Male - Male
Canada

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby ttylxman2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:21 am

WhiteCat wrote:Ok, I’m going to begin this experiment in mid December, when my husband and I will be together every day on holidays from work.

In the meantime I will try other things - I’ve just cut gluten and I’m going to buy chlorophyll today too.

I will also take time to do some research into how best to run the experiment, like concurrent diet etc.

I’ll set a solid date in early December.

Ugh. Fml.


I truly hope there are good results. You deserve it!

Thank you for doing this for us!!

WhiteCat
Junior
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Gender: Female - Female
Australia

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby WhiteCat » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:17 am


WhiteCat
Junior
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:17 pm
Gender: Female - Female
Australia

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby WhiteCat » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:03 am

Ok, I am thinking about filming this experiment (unsure if I will) but I wrote a basic script for if I do to prevent rambling.

Just basic info about my age, what type of halitosis I think I have, a full list of everything I've tried over the last 30 years and what other types of health problems I have and don't have.

It also includes basic health information about my donor.

When I got to the end of the script I realised I faced another decision regarding how often I am going to transplant during the experiment.

Originally I was planning to transplant 3x per day - but now I realise I can transplant every hour if I want.

How much is enough? How much is too much?

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Advice/ opinions are requested.

Thanks guys :)

ttylxman2
Junior
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:43 pm
Gender: Male - Male
Canada

Re: Backyard Oral Microbiota Transplant

Postby ttylxman2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:23 pm

WhiteCat wrote:Ok, I am thinking about filming this experiment (unsure if I will) but I wrote a basic script for if I do to prevent rambling.

Just basic info about my age, what type of halitosis I think I have, a full list of everything I've tried over the last 30 years and what other types of health problems I have and don't have.

It also includes basic health information about my donor.

When I got to the end of the script I realised I faced another decision regarding how often I am going to transplant during the experiment.

Originally I was planning to transplant 3x per day - but now I realise I can transplant every hour if I want.

How much is enough? How much is too much?

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Advice/ opinions are requested.

Thanks guys :)


This is such a tough thing for lay-people like us to figure out. It'd be nice if someone with some relevant expertise could help us form a reasonable plan.

One would assume the more often the transplants are performed the better.

That PDF is pretty interesting! It's a shame it doesn't continue on into more detail. I'm still not sure how a transplant will work if the native flora is still intact. You may need a full plaque cleaning from a dentist before attempting the transplant. Not sure..



Return to “GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests