Your Email Address:

First Name:

Who tells you you have BB? Can everyone smell it?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
WhiteCat
Advanced
Re: Who tells you you have BB? Can everyone smell it?

Post by WhiteCat »

Would be interested in your thoughts on this post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5814
:?
All I know is that I have B.B. all the time and my tongue scrapings smell bad.

I don’t know the person who posted that post so cannot verify their claims, any of them.

I’m inclined to take that persons account with a grain of salt because
1. I don’t know him
2. I’ve read a lot of suspect and dubious shiz on this forum.
3. I know my own experience.

What do you think of his arm licking?

Btw, I would never use my arm, wrist or hand because I think my natural body smell interferes with my actual saliva smell. Reducing it.

Using a tongue scraper is confronting, but at least I can monitor my affliction.

fog
Junior

Post by fog »

WhiteCat wrote:
All I know is that I have B.B. all the time and my tongue scrapings smell bad.

I don’t know the person who posted that post so cannot verify their claims, any of them.

I’m inclined to take that persons account with a grain of salt because
1. I don’t know him
2. I’ve read a lot of suspect and dubious shiz on this forum.
3. I know my own experience.

What do you think of his arm licking?

Btw, I would never use my arm, wrist or hand because I think my natural body smell interferes with my actual saliva smell. Reducing it.

Using a tongue scraper is confronting, but at least I can monitor my affliction.
Arm licking seems to indicate a faint version of my BB, the further back on the tongue i go the stronger the smell.

But its confusing the way he saids that the smell does not mean BB, and I have read others saying this on the forum as well.

I used to think this was the only way for me to detect it and my aim was/is to get rid of that smell. Its my only indicator I go by.
Well... i did do some breath tests on a poor little dog to see how it would react, but not sure how to interpret the reactions :lol:
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

Guys believe me the problem with bad breath and body odor also is in digestive system.Actually is in the liver.What reduces seriously my bad breath and body odor is zinc picolinate 10mg or 15mg per day-no more than that.Read about zinc why is so helpful in right doses.I had problems with gums-now my gums are in great condition.I had problems with hair loss-now my hair is fine.Zinc is helpful for so many thing in the body.Believe me.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

While you take zinc for best results you need to avoid sugar,diary(all diary(allergic reactions and problems)),and junk foods as much as possible.
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

But its confusing the way he saids that the smell does not mean BB, and I have read others saying this on the forum as well.

Mate, a lot of people say a lot of things on this forum.

I've read some ridiculous stuff.

If you *scrape* your tongue and it smells then guess what? Your tongue coating smells.

It just does.

If you don't have someone honest and reliable to ask (that you don't mind bothering) then my suggestion is to scrape your tongue and smell the results.

I'll be a happy person when my tongue is finally stink free.

I pray that my diet cleans it up. I'm giving it a solid go for a year minimum.

No gluten, no dairy and no sugar.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello mindspace

Do you still hav bb? Did you apply what you hav said in your routine? Like taking zinc? Any good results? Did you still get any reactions from people?
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

mindspace wrote:While you take zinc for best results you need to avoid sugar,diary(all diary(allergic reactions and problems)),and junk foods as much as possible.
I have tried zinc supplements, have taken up to 3 lozenges but doesn't seem to help much. Too much zinc is toxic as well. It seems like it helps those with mouth odour more, because it neutralises the VSCs
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

fog wrote:
WhiteCat wrote:
pepper234 wrote: How accurate is this? And how bad does the smell have to be? Does everyone with BB "pass" this test? I've seen it a lot but haven't attempted to let it dry for that long because it sounds gross and not sure about the validity.

Thanks though! Will probably try again
If you have type 1 it is absolutely accurate.

How bad does it have to be? ANY smell is bad, normal people are going to have zero odour.

Someone with B.B. will recognise the typical B.B. smell once it dries. Sometimes my B.B. is so bad it doesn’t even need to dry first, this is especially true in the mornings.

I swear by it, please try it. I want to know your results.

I've seen this thread, and really wished my problem was halitophobia. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case because people talk to me while covering their noses...
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

I've seen this thread, and really wished my problem was halitophobia. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case because people talk to me while covering their noses...
Pepper, as bad as that sounds it is not solid proof that you have B.B.

They might have a cold, nothing to do with you.

You might be standing too close and making them feel uncomfortable.

Who knows?

I still think you should scrape your tongue, it’s up to you, it’s your life.

Good luck
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

sopo wrote:I have spoken to dentists, ENT, gastro about it. Most of them told me they don't smell anything.
I also sometimes thing that our BB is intermittent, I know few people with awful breath but it's not always there. One of my friend sometimes have terrible breath. Every time he comes close to talk I always think of his breath, sometimes it stinks most of the time it doesn't. He is a lucky guy cause he has no clue about his BB.
In my case I have few friends and I talk to them freely they don't show much reaction. Also some of my colleagues come and try to strike a conversation with me sometimes. In my work place I'm known as a shy guy who doesn't talk to anyone. May be they come to talk to me on sympathy towards me
Do you know what your BB smells like? It is driving me crazy as well. My brother and friends react, and i am so scared of catching up with people so I've been ignoring their texts :'( what about your friend, is his smell fecal or like plaque?
pepper234

Post by pepper234 »

WhiteCat wrote:
Pepper, as bad as that sounds it is not solid proof that you have B.B.

They might have a cold, nothing to do with you.

You might be standing too close and making them feel uncomfortable.

Who knows?

I still think you should scrape your tongue, it’s up to you, it’s your life.

Good luck
If just one or two people cover their noses i will not think about it. When it is basically everyone, and they talk normally to other people, it seems obvious i have a problem. I don't think the tongue scrape test provides useful information about BB from gut, but have PMed you more details. I get mixed results and i also have a really bad sense of smell.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

I don't have bad breath and body odor now.Zinc is toxic in high doses.I take everyday 10mg zinc gluconate-no more than that.But I'm still on a diet as I said -no sugar,diary and junk foods and yes to fish,seafood,shrimps,liver beef etc-foods that are rich in vitamin b12.Believe me vitamin b12 deficiency is a serious problem that so many people of the population have.It leads to stress,autoimmune diseases,mthfr gene deficiency,high homocysteine levels=toxic body,allergic problems,bad breath etc.I trully believe that bad breath problem is in the liver.Damaged gut flora,stomach problems,sinusitis etc are the consequences of this.You need to fix the reason,not the consequences.Do you know which feeling is related to liver problems?It's anger,anxiety.That is why there are so many people in the world that are agressive.Heal your liver guys.Zinc is good for men to maintain the immunity function because we lose zinc when we ejaculate.So methyl B-complex,zinc and vitamin d3 in right doses,not overdose and with the right diet you'll be healthy and happy person.No more odors.Believe me because I had the worst smell.I had fecal smell and my body was so electrified which means so much toxicity in the body.And people with b12 deficiency and bad methylation are more likely to have mycotoxins(candida overgrowth).If you have these gene mutation you can't do the right detox of the body.I am happy and healthy person now.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello mindspace

But how do you know that you no longer hav bb? Unless strangers reacted from you.

Do you also hav mucus accumulating in your throat? Was that gone too?

Becoz i believe that that mucus is also connected to our fecal breath.

Was that zinc of yours over the counter drug?
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

Guys mucus in the throat or PND is related to candida(mycotoxins) in the guts.And yes candida is the reason for bad breath but is not the underlying cause.That's why candida diet can't cure bad breath because is the consequence of b12 deficiency and MTHFR gene deficiency.Forget about it that bad breath problem is in the mouth.It's not.It's in the liver.B12 deficiency or MTHFR gene deficiency leads to high homocysteine levels.Do you know what is homocysteine?It's amino acid that produce sulphur and it's toxic for the body.It leads to serious problems in the body.Also low methylation in the body means high histamine.That's why so many people have problems with allergic reactions-rub noses,itchyness,coughing,sneezing etc.This is a serious problem and it's not that easy to heal yourself.At the moment I don't have bad breath but I have some of this allergic reactions.There is much information in the net.I am not a doctor.Treatment should be individual.So many people have this problem.But remember you should take supplements or something in right doses.Balance in the body is what all we need.And this problem is related to stress and autoimmune diseases.Also if you check your b12 levels-it should be above 400.Less than 400 is deficiency.Because they say that between 200 and 400 is ok but is not.Homocysteine levels should be between 7 and 8.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Hello mindspace

What do you mean when you said, "At the moment i don't have bad breath...?"

Do you mean you never had bad breath?

My late father has sinus allergies. I remember those allergy nasal sprays he bought. They were many. But he doesn't have bad breath. Sometimes we talk close, especially when i'm infront of my computer while he is standing behind me looking at my work. I can smell his breath and i can say it smells very very normal. He also sneezes a lot. In a single day, i hear him sneeze many times. Yet his breath smells normal.

Are you sure its b12 defficiency? Centrum multivitamins contains b12. I take centrum everyday. Do you think the b12 in centrum is not efficient?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic