Your Email Address:

First Name:

All Day Fresh!!! Finally!!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fog
Junior

Re: All Day Fresh!!! Finally!!

Post by fog »

Sam2 wrote:I had really great feedback from an ex and sometimes, when I was sure I had BB, she told me I didn't... sometimes, when I was sure I did, she said didn't... it was a great time of learning for me...
What made you sure? How did you assess it yourself?

Sam2

FEEDBACK

Post by Sam2 »

@fog
How did I attempt to assess myself? Spoon test, gauze test, taste in mouth, etc. etc... all unreliable...
My ex brought up my bb in conversation, and that's how she started giving me feedback on a regular basis...
Sometimes, my mouth felt rank, and she feedbacked me to say there was no smell...
Sometimes, my mouth felt smooth, and she feedbacked me to say something didn't smell good...
Eventually, after trying and testing various diets and rinses/toothpastes, I had my conclusions about what worked and what didn't...

You absolutely need someone to give you feedback...
At one time in my life, when I had nobody to give me feedback, I contacted the Samaritans, and paid them for a 20-minute visit to give me feedback...
You need feedback from the right person...
WhiteCat
Advanced
Re: FEEDBACK

Post by WhiteCat »

Sam2 wrote:@fog
How did I attempt to assess myself? Spoon test, gauze test, taste in mouth, etc. etc... all unreliable...
My ex brought up my bb in conversation, and that's how she started giving me feedback on a regular basis...
Sometimes, my mouth felt rank, and she feedbacked me to say there was no smell...
Sometimes, my mouth felt smooth, and she feedbacked me to say something didn't smell good...
Eventually, after trying and testing various diets and rinses/toothpastes, I had my conclusions about what worked and what didn't...

At one time in my life, when I had nobody to give me feedback, I contacted the Samaritans, and paid them for a 20-minute visit to give me feedback...
Wtf is a gauze test?
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

If you have the time please post any findings you made when you had another human giving honest feedback.
I belive I also have type 1 BB, Tongue coat and BB which is strongest at the back of tongue (sour vinegar/garlic/sulfurish smell), sound familiar?

My balls are not big enough to ask around about my smell. The plan was/is to gamble on it beeing good when the spoon test (from back of tongue) came up neutral. Your post is not boosting my self-confidense... :lol:
WhiteCat
Advanced

Post by WhiteCat »

fog wrote:

If you have the time please post any findings you made when you had another human giving honest feedback.
I belive I also have type 1 BB, Tongue coat and BB which is strongest at the back of tongue (sour vinegar/garlic/sulfurish smell), sound familiar?

My balls are not big enough to ask around about my smell. The plan was/is to gamble on it beeing good when the spoon test (from back of tongue) came up neutral. Your post is not boosting my self-confidense... :lol:
Yeah I would NEVER ask unless the spoon test came up clean.
But I have bad breath 100% of the time.

I have zero interest in taking advice from anyone who says they sometimes don’t have B.B.

They clearly do not suffer from the same affliction that I have.
Sam2

Post by Sam2 »

Gauze test is similar to the spoon test, just rub the back of your tongue in the morning with some gauze, and smell it at regular intervals (5 minutes, 30 minutes), etc... I must state that I don't do it anymore, because it is not as effective as asking another human.

My ex actually knew about my BB from the first day, she said the first time we slept in the same bed, she said she thought to herself, what a strange smelling guy... we used to laugh about it and even before we started feedbacking regularly, she told me that the only thing that worked for me, was gargling chlorhexidrine digluconate (I''m not mentioning any brand, they're pretty much all the same) right before bedtime for around 20-30 seconds. Long-term use of this is not recommended, which is why I'm going with alternatives at this moment... (even though that was the only one which prevented morning BB)

Whenever I'm in a relationship, I always say that I have a strong smell, and if they comment about it, I always joke that they should find a solution as they are my new smell Doctor... that's the way to find regular feedback... if you have nobody to give you honest feedback, (and I know how that feels), you've got to talk with your Doctor or Dentist about it, you really have to do it, you can't stay silent about it... Doctor's or Dentists don't know a lot about it, but they will give you honest feedback... and just talking about it is a release... they are bound by confidentiality, so no need to worry...
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

Sam2 wrote:Gauze test is similar to the spoon test, just rub the back of your tongue in the morning with some gauze, and smell it at regular intervals (5 minutes, 30 minutes), etc... I must state that I don't do it anymore, because it is not as effective as asking another human.

My ex actually knew about my BB from the first day, she said the first time we slept in the same bed, she said she thought to herself, what a strange smelling guy... we used to laugh about it and even before we started feedbacking regularly, she told me that the only thing that worked for me, was gargling chlorhexidrine digluconate (I''m not mentioning any brand, they're pretty much all the same) right before bedtime for around 20-30 seconds. Long-term use of this is not recommended, which is why I'm going with alternatives at this moment... (even though that was the only one which prevented morning BB)

Whenever I'm in a relationship, I always say that I have a strong smell, and if they comment about it, I always joke that they should find a solution as they are my new smell Doctor... that's the way to find regular feedback... if you have nobody to give you honest feedback, (and I know how that feels), you've got to talk with your Doctor or Dentist about it, you really have to do it, you can't stay silent about it... Doctor's or Dentists don't know a lot about it, but they will give you honest feedback... and just talking about it is a release... they are bound by confidentiality, so no need to worry...
Hello sam

I agree. A healthy person would smell the same. This test, together with the licking is not effective.

Have you been on antibiotics before?
Sam2

Post by Sam2 »

I have never been on anti-biotics for bb...

When I went down the traditional route, they said I was imagining it, and sent me to a psychiatrist...

Luckily, down the line, when my ex brought it up, it was illuminating to have someone close to me talk openly about it and give me feedback on what worked and what didn't.
Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

@HopefulOne, i'm happy for you but, just a word of advice.

I heard stories of other sufferer's who are now having constsnt stomach pain in effort to cure or improve their breath. i'm not against any method or substance intake to control this embarassment.

But, we need to take precaution and always check the content of these product's before taking. I know is common for anyone to pick up advice or suggestion but, the painful aspect of it all is that not ALL-PROMISING-PRODUCT's provide'sthe right solution.

Personally, i have tried a 100 of such product's, ebay is my starting point, from supper flux,colgate flush,sodium bicarbonate..ecc.

Recently, i got fustrated after testing one popular product on ebay (XXXXX super flush) i will check & post the name of the seller here. so that other people may not fall victim of such product. My pain here has not to do with the money spent for purchase of such item but, i had to wait for 45 days before receiving item. Upon arrival, i tried this tablet for 7 days before dumpping it because, there was no sign of improvement. Also, i gave the seller a negative feedback for using such method of shipment.

I tested sodium carbonate once or twice but, this is not sometime you can apply to your mouth on a daily basis. Home salt could be an alternative.

NOTE: presently, i'm using natural/home made product which seem to produce the expected result. so far, i was able to go along with my daily activities without feeling's of embarassment as result of irritation of sour mouth & smell from my mouth. my breath has also improved because i notice that people whonornally cover's their nose with style during discussion with me no longer do so within few days of application. However, i need time before i can confirm this.

Thanks & Happy Xmax
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Smilingagain wrote: NOTE: presently, i'm using natural/home made product which seem to produce the expected result. so far, i was able to go along with my daily activities without feeling's of embarassment as result of irritation of sour mouth & smell from my mouth. my breath has also improved because i notice that people whonornally cover's their nose with style during discussion with me no longer do so within few days of application. However, i need time before i can confirm this.

Thanks & Happy Xmax
Hey Smillingagain i'm suffering a lot for this bb problem, can you tell me please which home made product are you using?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic