Your Email Address:

First Name:

Mistakes that Ruined My Life (Surgeries and names of doctors included)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jane
Mistakes that Ruined My Life (Surgeries and names of doctors included)

Post by jane »

*UPDATE: I looked at my account and realized that I posted about some of this before. Well, my life was ruined as i predicted.*

Hello,

My profile says that I'm a "newbie", but I have been a member for almost 10 years. I want you to know that I have credibility here.

Throughout the years I have seen many doctors, tried many remedies, and done extensive research for a cure. This post should have been written a long time ago. I've realized that my purpose in life was to be afflicted by this condition and used as an example/ warning to those who might be considering the approaches that I've taken that ruined my life. I will try to make this concise.

My bb started at 16 years old. It was pungent, but uncomplicated. I merely had (huge) tonsil stones in my palatine tonsils, but like many in the beginning of this journey, I didn't know what was wrong. I discovered the source one day and eventually got my tonsils taken out. This was a long and painful process; I had to do tons of research (at the time there was very little information about this issue) and go to several doctors before I got an OK for surgery. But I got it and they didn't do a hack job.

Now. My bb came back about 6 months later. I started researching more and came to the conclusion that stones were forming in my lingual tonsils, because I still had them. I also saw crypts in the wall on my throat (confirmed by another ENT), which I am sure are collecting debris and contributing to the problem to this day. There is only one place willing to extract lingual tonsils in the US (unless you have a glaring medical necessity), and it is a clinic called Fauquier in Virginia. They genuinely understand the issues that we have. Although I did not have the money to go to them, I had a plan to save.They have since stopped seeing out-of-state patients because of insurance issues or something- the website will tell you.

So for years I just dealt with this. My tonsillectomy did provide some relief though, and the bb was intermittent instead of constant like it used to be. Then... my nose started to act up. And this is how it started: Two colds back to back. Medical literature will corroborate this. After these colds, I started to get chronic sinus and respiratory infections. My nose smelled like shit and a bag of dead cats. No help from medical community (what was new?), but I noticed that there was double the negligence when it came to sinus issues.

After about a year of that, I saw an ENT about this. Only one this time, since I figured a history would help build my case for a surgery that would help me. This man was unnecessarily brusque and sometimes outright mean to me. So much so that I started to voice record our sessions, which I still have today. To this day I don't know why he had such a strong reaction to me. The only thing I can think of is, he is a gay man who was excommunicated from his home country and at the time of our appointments, I used to wear a fairly big cross around my neck. Maybe his family was orthodox Christian or otherwise religious and he doesn't like that... I don't know. Maybe it's because I had Medicaid insurance (which pays him very little) and he saw me as nothing and wanted to ruin my life. I don't know.

Regardless, he decided to perform 3 surgeries on me in one shot: Adenoidectomy (they grew back since 2008), Septoplasty (for a deviated septum he says), and a TURBINATE REDUCTION. This man did not inform me about the turbinate reduction further than giving me a glib explanation of what he was going to do right before surgery, without my full understanding. For a procedure as aggressive as this, he did not even want to give me narcotic pain meds- I had to plead for some when i awoke, and he gave me exactly 5 percocet to last my recovery period. It didn't occur to me that all of these procedures was a bit much; I was suffering so much that I figured it could only help.

I don't want readers to lose the point. This procedure left me with atrophic rhinitis, and had now progressed to Empty Nose Syndrome. He took most of my nose out. Look these conditions up and you will see what I am dealing with. I struggle to breathe. My life was already hard without these illnesses, and now I can say I have lost my will to live.

His name is Isaac Namdar. A google search will tell you much about his gay lifestyle, and will show you pictures of him poolside shirtless with his husband living it up, and about his gay rights activism, but not much about him as a doctor. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF HIS ****ing LIFE.

For all nasal odor/ chronic sinusitis sufferes: DO NOT get a turbinate reduction. My life has been used as a warning to all on this site who may fall into this trap. Inform yourselves about this condition.

I have a wealth of information about homeopathic remedies, what works and what will worsen, and who/what procedures to avoid. I suppose I can also be used to give that out so all who have questions, pm me.

Good luck to everyone.

-Jane

asian boy
Total Newbie
Re: Mistakes that Ruined My Life (Surgeries and names of doctors included)

Post by asian boy »

Hi jane..

Nice post.. I want to ask u something.. Bcoz me too feel the real culprit of the bb is the back of the throat which is includes lingual tonsils.. Before this, i've done palatine tonsils surgery and wisdom tooth operation but the bb is still there.. And i'm sure my lingual tonsils is the real problem.. Could u explain more about tonsils stone at the lingual tonsils??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic