Your Email Address:

First Name:

A serious journey to handle my bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
applecider
Total Newbie

A serious journey to handle my bb

Post by applecider »

Hello everyone

first of all I want to apologize for my English. It is my second language.

I am new to this forum. I am so happy that I've found this forum because I used to think I am all alone with the situation I am dealing with.

My situation started when I wore braces for too long ( around 6 years long). Root problem, infection came along and I lose a few tooth and I needed to get caps and bridges for them. I believe those years I had bad breath but not as severe as later when my mouth condition started getting so bad due to wearing cap and bridges for too long.

I could feel all these time that the parts of my mouth and tongue beneat the false teeth area are not feeling ok but nothing I can do.

Eventually I started having chronic post nasal/throat drip. It never go away for at least the last 10 years and I was not aware of it. I got reactions from people I talk to sometimes but I thought it happens when I occasionally eat too much garlic or onions. Recently I did basic bb teast ( lick and smell), it was always bad no matter when I test it.

And recently ( around a few months ago) I started having burning sour taste in my mouth, specially at night and every morning when I wake up I could feel that I have bad breath. Then I went to dentist and have everything fixed ( the filling, new bridge, new cap, deep clean) and I also go to ENT doctor for sinus check up. I told both doctors that I am concerned about my bad breath. Both doctors did their job but bad breath is still here. So now I am going to start on all possible ways I can do to solve this problem. Please let me put my journey here and please give me advice and recommend me for all possible solution that would help me. I appreciate your help.

here is what I have done;

teeth mouth clearance - tooth fixed, tooth clean -- recent xray shows no infection --healthy gum
ENT visit - doctor said I don't have sinus problem so what happens to me could be from allergy so he prescribed me antibiotics and nasal spray which I finished them. Xray shows no sinus thingy but he said that the air way in my nose is very small ( I know my english, forgive me).

I used to drink and smoke occationally so I eventually stopped completely since 5 months ago.

and here is the last part I want to write and please if you think I should add anything to my routine please don't hesitate to let me know. I would be more than grateful. Thank you a lot in advance.

i start adopting these stuff and routines to my everyday life seriously;

- Drink green powder (with probiotics) every morning. It tastes super bad but I don't mind
- Drink aloe vera juice (gel form, organic) before I sleep
- Use tongue scraper ( this is the most helpful since I started it so I do it a few times aday)
- Take vitamin B complex, vitamin C, milk thistle, a couple drop of pepermint essential oil in liquid,
- Drink apple cider vinegar ( 2-3 table spoon everyday and this is also helpful in reducing mucus back of my tongue)
- Use waterpik morning and night
- Use toothpaste that contains baking soda, tea tree oil and peppermint essential oil
- Use neti pot and saline nose flush morning and night
- Do cold pressed coconut oil pulling at night ( if I have time I do it in the morning too. I think is is also helpful)
- Make my own drink to drink it all day; lemon/lime + honey+ ginger juice or kombucha tea ( prefer when it is warm)
- Do water+salt gurgle morning and night
- Reduce carb, sugar and meat on my diet ( completely no to garlic, onion and chilli)
- Have mouth spray and sugarfree gum and flavored lip balm with me all the time when needed
- Soon I will be adding the candida cleanse to my diet too

I think this is pretty much all I started it

so far it helped a little since I just started all of that since a few days ago. I still feel bb when I do the bb lick and smell this morning. I think I need some more time for the diet change to kick in. The worst parts are always the burning sour taste in my mouth and the mucus drip in my throat. If I can reduce these 2 feeling, I know that bb will go away too.

In the future I plan to do tonsil removal and I kind of believe that this maybe significantly help since I always believe that my bb came from the nasal/throat drip due to the dysfunction of my tonsil.

I truly apologize again for my english, I really mean it.
And thank you so much for letting me let it out and please know that every advice would be my life rescue.

Thank you very much

fog
Junior

Re: A serious journey to handle my bb

Post by fog »

I would not cut out the tonsils unless you suffer from tonsil-stones, it is no joke.

Floss and smell the thread, I belive it is quite good way to rule out teeth as a source.
applecider
Total Newbie

Re: A serious journey to handle my bb

Post by applecider »

fog wrote:I would not cut out the tonsils unless you suffer from tonsil-stones, it is no joke.

Floss and smell the thread, I belive it is quite good way to rule out teeth as a source.
Thank you so much for your mercy reply.

Whenever I go consult doctor regarding the tonsil removal, I wish he would strongly recommend that I do not need it.
The problem is that I have been having post nasal drip for the last 10 years and together my tongue has been always being sore, red and irritated all this time. I just thought this is part of the root of the problem so...

I try to floss as well but because I have a few caps on some of my tooth. Flossing between teeth might shorten the cap's life or damage the caps so I avoid flossing but use waterpik instead.

Thank you very much
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic