Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can brushing tongue give you bad breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Ryan94uk
Total Newbie
Can brushing tongue give you bad breath?

Post by Ryan94uk »

Iv noticed that my tongue seems to be the culprit if my bad breath. Iv always vigorously brushed it ensuring all the white crap is removed but the bad breath would always return within the hour.

So I decided to just brush my teeth and leave my tongue completly, Sounds counterproductive I know.

Iv always kind of tested how bad my breath was by breathing out through my nose in a particular way but since avoiding cleaning my tongue the smell actually seems to have gone.

Could the white crap on your tongue actually contain more beneficial bacteria? Could brushing tongue stir up the bad bacteria? Could brushing tongue leave the tongue more susceptible to bad bacteria?

Please let me know your opinion.

Ryan94uk
Total Newbie
Re: Can brushing tongue give you bad breath?

Post by Ryan94uk »

Don't all reply at once
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

Its disgusting foodstuffs breaking down feeding bacteria. I cant imagine it having a positive effect.

However... you never know, I encurage experiments.
Ryan94uk
Total Newbie

Post by Ryan94uk »

fog wrote:Its disgusting foodstuffs breaking down feeding bacteria. I cant imagine it having a positive effect.

However... you never know, I encurage experiments.
Yeah I guess your right.

My tongue also has red scar like lines at the back. I think I just need to give it time to heal and then maybe get back to cleaning.
nivek10

Post by nivek10 »

Brushing your tongue just spreads the bacteria around. You need to scrape it off first and then you can brush it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic