Your Email Address:

First Name:

Thought I was doing better. Please help.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sadface

Thought I was doing better. Please help.

Post by Sadface »

Hey guys. So I still haven’t found the cause of the smell I’m experiencing. I’d like to see if anyone else experienced this form of bad breath and what they do to treat it or get less reactions. I don’t get multiple a day or anything, for me it’s usually 2-3 times a month. I talked to my mom in depth about it as well as my boyfriend. They both say they’ve never smelled anything but my boyfriend has commented once long ago saying “is someone farting or does it just smell like shit in here.”
So, in my case I don’t think someone can smell shit on my breath constantly when I’m speaking. I think it’s an odor deep from my throat which at some points becomes aggravated or something and released a shit smell. I can not smell the smell myself. But I do have an off taste coming from the throat at some times.
1. I have never been able to find tonsil stones.
2. I do have 2 impacted wisdom teeth.
3. Post nasal drip with distracting amounts of mucous in my throat as well but no allergies and things like Nasacort and nasal sprays and rinses don’t help it.
4. Way I test is swiping my throat and far back tongue with a finger and letting it dry.

I finally broke down and told my boyfriend after a comment from a friend when we were out and I was bawling my eyes out for hours and he kept assuring me he has never thought of me as smelling bad. He said he thinks I have formed a deep fear and assume every comment of any bad smell is me. He said he does not think it’s all in my head though, and is being very supportive. He also said the silver lining is even if I never fix this problem, no one will usually assume it’s me that smells and they can’t usually place where it’s coming from and it isn’t constant. I know I am one of the lucky ones to have someone to talk to about it and who wants to help, but I want to tell you guys that I didn’t get here for a very long time because I was horrified and humiliated to tell anyone and once I did it’s the most relief you’ll feel, second only to finally ridding yourself of this problem. If you have someone you think would help but you’re at the stage of being scared to embarrass yourself please just try to take that first step.

Anyways, does anyone else experience this type of bad breath/throat odor. Does anyone have any observations or suggestions I could be missing? I do need to get my wisdom teeth out, but money’s an issue. I’ll sure be glad if it’s that simple but I have a feeling it isn’t. I trust you all more than anyone to make informed suggestions because we’re in the same boat. Thank you.

Ana
Re: Thought I was doing better. Please help.

Post by Ana »

i have a similiar problem. a fecal breath comes from my throat*or stomach, who knows for a few days, then it disappears.
i have no idea what it is. Maybe its the medicines i take. Sometimes drugs get excreted by lungs.
when i have gargled with mouthwash, or diluted bleach, the odor has go[url]tten worse. its very frustrating,i cant find a cause. i also have a bad taste in the back of the mouth.
i had a gastroscopy ,it showed nothing.
i went to an ent, and dentist nothing.
now i will go have tests for liver, kidney and pancreas, maybe its a metabolic cause.
Sadface

Post by Sadface »

Ana, can you smell the odor yourself or are you going off reactions?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Strange. I think gargling with bleach made my BB worse too. I got more reactions the day I tried it out. Not sure if I just met less tolerant people that day. My oral and nasal BB are present 24/7 though. I think spicy and oily food worsen the BB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic