Your Email Address:

First Name:

Story updated, I think I feel better

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
applecider
Total Newbie

Story updated, I think I feel better

Post by applecider »

Hello everyone
I just want to get a story updated about my BB. I have added my prior posts below in case anyone is interested in knowing my details. If not, please skip them.

Let me go over my story briefly.
I have started to try to cure my BB seriously about 2 weeks ago. I start with reducing sugar, carb and fat from my diet. I added green powder, nasal rinse, baking soda + tea tree oil toothpaste and homemade baking soda tongue scraping, thistle milk, homemade sauerkraut, eatable aloe vera gel, vitamin B complex, coconut oil pulling, waterpik, yogurt and green banana ( I think this is all and hope I didn’t miss anything else) to my routine.

Last week I decided to go to a doctor on a whim due to badly burning mouth and earache.
In the doctor office, I told doctor about my concerns emphasizing about my BB. He prescribed me PPI and antibiotics for my throat sore). Prior to the serious plan to cure BB, I was taking oral birth control for 2 years religiously. So after I finished the last pack just right before I start this and I went ahead order the candida cleanse.

So basically, now I have been doing my diet and routine mentioned in 2nd paragraph for about 2 weeks. At day 5 after I went to doctor, I was prescribed antibiotics and PPI (10 days of antibiotics and 30 days if PPI) and I started taking them since (today is my 7th day on them). Together, I added Zantac and candida cleanse to my routine as well. In the morning after brushing teeth and scraping tongue well I then go ahead do waterpik and nasal rinse. In the morning, I eat half green/half ripe banana and plain yogurt, drink green powder (mixed with warm water) and drink warm water. During the day, I always have either sugar free gum or sugar free fresh breath candy in my mouth (it might sound I overdo it but I just want to be on safe side). At work I try to eat small portion, eat less carb and scrape my tongue after eating. At night, I try to eat early like no later than 8 pm and follow by plain yogurt again. After that I brush teeth and scrape tongue and waterpik and nasal rinse well again and there I can go bed. During the night when I go toilet, I would sip some water as often as possible.

PS. I try to take Zantac and candida cleanse late during the night like when I wake up to go to toilet. I might be wrong but what I think is that they might work best in empty tommy.

After all, I do not want to say that I am cured but what I want to say is that I feel that my BB is being under controlled after all these years. At least I know what I have to do a day before the day I have to socialize with people to prevent reactions. I hope this is not only my imagination since I check my morning breath with my husband every morning for the last few days and my husband says my breath is fine. He used to comment on my BB. My burning mouth thing is getting better but I don’t wish it will be cured anyway. I really could feel that I do not have morning breath for the last 4-5 days. I did the lick-wrist test and I could not smell that stinky smell that I used to smell anymore (before this process started, whenever I do lick-wrist test, I always smell and it was very bad, very depressing). Anyways do not forget that in order to have this feeling I need to repeat all of those thing religiously for the last 2 weeks. So I do not want to think about if I skip any of any of the steps. But well, at least it is under my control which is a very good start. Hope some miracles happen in the long run.

I will try to keep my journey updated. I hope my story can be useful for some people. Do not give up.

Below are my previous posts;

(2nd post)
Anybody here has BB due to candida overgrowth?
Postby applecider » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what if I am also having candida overgrowth.
So, I did a split in a glass of water test this morning that I learned from youtube.
It indicates that I might have candida overgrowth.

If that is the case ( which I am more than 50% sure) where should I start with?
I am currently on probiotics, herbs, nasal rinse and tongue scraping and I am waiting for the Candida cleanse tablets to arrive.

Is there anything I should take to account? please advice me. Thank you

(2nd post reply 1)
Thank you so much Ricky,

My story is that I started having bb since years due to bad oral hygiene. I wore braces and with bad habit I lose my teeth and eventually I needed to wear cap, bridges. Still I didn't take a good care of my teeth and mouth, together with bad diet I start having bb. It makes my throat, tongue feel burn and sore. Finally I strongly feel I have bb myself and I got reactions.

And to answer your question, I took antibiotics sometimes in the past but not so frequently. If there would be any pills that would be a factor of candida overgrowth in my case that would be the oral birth control which I have been taking it since 2 years ago. I just recently found out that it could be the cause so when I finish the last tablet a few days ago I plan to stop taking it completely.

The candida cleanse that I ordered online is on its way. Meanwhile, I can only keep up on my hygiene and diet and yes I start having a slight die off thing. I feel like I want to put carb and surgar in my mouth all the time. My head goes crazy but the good thing is that I feel less of bb.

thank you so much for sharing with me.

(2nd post reply 2)
Hi Ricky,

Actually I eat almost normal. Only that I cut back on sugar,rice and noodles as much as possible, not like 100% no to them.

But to make it easier for you to see the picture, I will list out what I usually eat.

- rice or noodle 1/2 cup max per day
- Eat as much of green leave veggy like collard, lettuce, fresh mint, cilantro, green bell pepper, cucumber ( I substitute sweet fruits with cucumber), fresh aloe vera and bottled aloe vera, my home made asian style of sauerkraut (cabbage + salt + apple cider vinegar with mother) and other kinds of veggy occasionally
- less meat, if possible I go for fish
- drink yokurt milk ( the one with lots of lactobacillus)
- drink bottled green tea with low sugar ( found in asian store)
- eat half green/half ripe asian kind of banana in the morning. If i run out of this kind, I pick one in regular store but get the green one. The reason of eating this green banana because I just recently went to doctor and he told me that I have acid reflux and my mom recommend me this tradition home remedy.
- a small cup of plain yogurt after meal
- try to drink warm water or room temperatured water

Together, try not to lay down until 2-3 hours after eating.

I think this is pretty much about my diet.

I also add these to my diet. Sorry if the reply is getting too long.

- green powder
- vitamin B complex
- milk thistle
- candida cleanse

(1st post)
A serious journey to handle my bb
Postby applecider » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:10 pm

Hello everyone

first of all I want to apologize for my English. It is my second language.

I am new to this forum. I am so happy that I've found this forum because I used to think I am all alone with the situation I am dealing with.

My situation started when I wore braces for too long ( around 6 years long). Root problem, infection came along and I lose a few tooth and I needed to get caps and bridges for them. I believe those years I had bad breath but not as severe as later when my mouth condition started getting so bad due to wearing cap and bridges for too long.

I could feel all these time that the parts of my mouth and tongue beneat the false teeth area are not feeling ok but nothing I can do.

Eventually I started having chronic post nasal/throat drip. It never go away for at least the last 10 years and I was not aware of it. I got reactions from people I talk to sometimes but I thought it happens when I occasionally eat too much garlic or onions. Recently I did basic bb teast ( lick and smell), it was always bad no matter when I test it.

And recently ( around a few months ago) I started having burning sour taste in my mouth, specially at night and every morning when I wake up I could feel that I have bad breath. Then I went to dentist and have everything fixed ( the filling, new bridge, new cap, deep clean) and I also go to ENT doctor for sinus check up. I told both doctors that I am concerned about my bad breath. Both doctors did their job but bad breath is still here. So now I am going to start on all possible ways I can do to solve this problem. Please let me put my journey here and please give me advice and recommend me for all possible solution that would help me. I appreciate your help.

here is what I have done;

teeth mouth clearance - tooth fixed, tooth clean -- recent xray shows no infection --healthy gum
ENT visit - doctor said I don't have sinus problem so what happens to me could be from allergy so he prescribed me antibiotics and nasal spray which I finished them. Xray shows no sinus thingy but he said that the air way in my nose is very small ( I know my english, forgive me).

I used to drink and smoke occationally so I eventually stopped completely since 5 months ago.

and here is the last part I want to write and please if you think I should add anything to my routine please don't hesitate to let me know. I would be more than grateful. Thank you a lot in advance.

i start adopting these stuff and routines to my everyday life seriously;

- Drink green powder (with probiotics) every morning. It tastes super bad but I don't mind
- Drink aloe vera juice (gel form, organic) before I sleep
- Use tongue scraper ( this is the most helpful since I started it so I do it a few times aday)
- Take vitamin B complex, vitamin C, milk thistle, a couple drop of pepermint essential oil in liquid,
- Drink apple cider vinegar ( 2-3 table spoon everyday and this is also helpful in reducing mucus back of my tongue)
- Use waterpik morning and night
- Use toothpaste that contains baking soda, tea tree oil and peppermint essential oil
- Use neti pot and saline nose flush morning and night
- Do cold pressed coconut oil pulling at night ( if I have time I do it in the morning too. I think is is also helpful)
- Make my own drink to drink it all day; lemon/lime + honey+ ginger juice or kombucha tea ( prefer when it is warm)
- Do water+salt gurgle morning and night
- Reduce carb, sugar and meat on my diet ( completely no to garlic, onion and chilli)
- Have mouth spray and sugarfree gum and flavored lip balm with me all the time when needed
- Soon I will be adding the candida cleanse to my diet too

I think this is pretty much all I started it

so far it helped a little since I just started all of that since a few days ago. I still feel bb when I do the bb lick and smell this morning. I think I need some more time for the diet change to kick in. The worst parts are always the burning sour taste in my mouth and the mucus drip in my throat. If I can reduce these 2 feeling, I know that bb will go away too.

In the future I plan to do tonsil removal and I kind of believe that this maybe significantly help since I always believe that my bb came from the nasal/throat drip due to the dysfunction of my tonsil.

I truly apologize again for my english, I really mean it.
And thank you so much for letting me let it out and please know that every advice would be my life rescue.

Thank you very much

Justice
Junior
Re: Story updated, I think I feel better

Post by Justice »

Thank you for your effort in sharing your journey in fighting bad breath...

Keep in touch.. :) i think i might try this one...

Thank You....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic