Your Email Address:

First Name:

Do people cover their lips / mouth as a reaction to BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
steviegee
Total Newbie

Do people cover their lips / mouth as a reaction to BB?

Post by steviegee »

I have always attributed this to me spraying when I'm talking and the lips are ultra sensitive to any spittle and it really gets to people, quite rightly too! (seem to have excess saliva from the glands under the tongue) but I suppose more recently become paranoid this is also a BB reaction. Does anybody else have the excess saliva with their bb?

I am aware I do have BB now too but have felt I can cover it up but really starting to doubt whether I am doing now. The awful taste in my mouth when I swallow water, or just in general sometimes when a really stinky smell from my tonsils when I touch them and the white tongue all point to it. Awful morning breath and general taste in mouth. I have had the odd who farted comment but not recently (mind you i don't get out much anymore) and most of the times somebody has done something that might suggest BB there have been other reasons for it like drinking alcohol, smoking or just had a curry. I don't get direct comments day to day really but enough "reaction" to give me serious paranoia to the extent I will only go to shops with self checkouts etc to avoid people.

Also have some people cough after I talk particularly in a confined space (car), it's like an instant reaction to me talking .But the most over riding one is people sitting there in my company with their mouth covered, some not so drastically with just hand on chin and covering their lips (but only to me I've observed this behaviour closely) others it's like a full hand over the mouth which absolutely kills me dead in my tracks and makes me want to go home/stop instantly. I used to attribute this to the spittle but now wondering if other people get this as a strong BB reaction or is it more the touching of the nose, pulling away for BB? I am pretty sure I have both the spittle flying out problem (very, very fine and not easy for me to actually tell for sure how severe this is) and BB but hard to actually pick what the reaction is for either now. I guess like many I have suffered such psychological trauma over this that I have lost control and clarity over what is even going on anymore.

I saw an ENT and he has, like many of you, attributed it to my tonsils which he says which have deep crypts and in particular my right one (which is the side of the mouth where my saliva seems to be in over drive).

The ENT seemed to gloss over all my other symptoms and move straight onto the bb when I had my consultation today which made me think the smell was obvious and he said I need a tonsillectomy. I agreed and will pay the money but of course private healthcare means ££ for him so he has a motive to suggest this. I will update post tonsillectomy and see if there is any improvement but of course my expectations are a whole lot of pain for little reward. I can't really get at my huge tonsil flaps to look for tonsil stones but did have one (very) small one at the surface the other day so I can't say for certain I even have tonsil stones in any kind of volume. I just have to hope for the best but would love to hear from any sufferers who feel they have a heap of saliva in their mouth.

The only time I have had any relief is taking the metronidazole for a wisdom tooth. So I'm guessing there is a bacterial issue going on here, whether in my disgusting tonsils (hopefully) or from the throat or stomach i have absolutely no idea. Done the PPI's, Barium swallow, blood tests, H ployiri etc with nothing coming back. Apparently both my nose and throat look absolutely fine on the camera and in general I have outstanding physical fitness levels (24 hour gyms to work out solo not to breath near anyone of course!)

nivek10
Re: Do people cover their lips / mouth as a reaction to BB?

Post by nivek10 »

Sounds like you have Halitophobia whether you have BB or not I can’t say but it seems as if you do. I would gargle with warm salt water for your infected tonsils and use a paste of baking soda to put on your tongue make sure you use a tongue scraper. Try adjusting your diet to less dairy as dairy produces more mucus which isn’t good with those tonsils. Get your tongue as pink as possible makes you feel More confident at least. Try those see if it improves your BB try this for a week. That’s the best I can do, good luck in the future stay strong you’ll get through it :D
nivek10

Post by nivek10 »

Do you have a sour/vinegar smell after licking your wrist and smelling the dryed saliva? I remeber when I HAD bb it always smelled sour from doing the lick test and I would get reactions, but when i noticed it started to smell like nothing I didn’t get any reactions unless I’m super hungry then I get keto breath.
fog
Junior

Post by fog »

nivek10 wrote:... when I HAD bb it always smelled sour from doing the lick test and I would get reactions, but when i noticed it started to smell like nothing...
What did you do to make it smell like nothing?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic