Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsillectomy has almost eliminated my bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Betty
Total Newbie

Tonsillectomy has almost eliminated my bb

Post by Betty »

Hello all! I am writing after reading posts 4 years trying to find an answer to my bad breath. I finally decided that it must be my tonsils after having numerous tests: GI test, test for parasites, CT scan on sinuses. My dentist said my teeth were great. I do have post nasal drip and horrible butt fecal breath. Also I had a lot pf tonsil stones.I mean my breath could be smelled from far away! People would move away from me after sniffing loudly, cough, rub their noses or clear their throat.

So after years of requesting a tonsillectomy, a surgeon agreed to do it. The surgery and recovery wasn't bad and I'm 52 yrs old. The Dr only gave me pain meds, no antibiotics.

Now, 1 month post tonsillectomy surgery, it seems that the coughing around me has stopped! (I mean I seriously thought people in this area had respiratory problems! Lol!) I only saw one person since surgery continually rub their nose while talking to me. Tongue is nice and pink. PND is still there but a bit better. I don't think my bb is gone but it has decreased quite a bit.

So if you do have tonsil stones and daily sore throat, consider having your tonsils removed. Good luck!

sopo
Advanced

Re: Tonsillectomy has almost eliminated my bb

Post by sopo »

I got mine done last December. Unfortunately for me thats not the cure. My mouth feels very fresh after surgery but still I get reactions from people.
I used.to get tonsil stones and my breath smelled like tonsil stones while breathing into my cupped hands. I don't get that kind of smell now. However when I check it smells a little but nothing like feacies. I see people giving horrible reaction like my mouth smells like sewer. My mom don't smell anything, I sit next to her and talk right at her face. Strange
Betty
Total Newbie

Post by Betty »

I used to get that smell too -- that sewer smell. I could smell it in my saliva when I spit. I could smell it when I cupped my hands. I couldn't tell if it was coming from my sinuses or my gut. But since sewer is waste, I suspected that it was my gut.

So I started experimenting with food. I cut out a type of food and waited for results. No change.

Then, one weekend, I just did not have an urge to drink Coca Cola, my addiction. Guess What? Much less sewer smell! I don't know if it is the caffeine or the phosphoric acid found in dark sodas but I avoid both. I also do the occasional sinus rinse for good measure.

So try cutting out caffeine and dark sodas to see if you experience a difference
Betty
Total Newbie

Post by Betty »

Guess what? I went to the bar and drank alcohol purely to test my bb post surgery. No reactions! People were coming to talk to me and I got nervous. So I excused myself. But they came back!

I hope the bb doesn't come back. I also hope I'm not lying to myself. It would crush my little feelings.

Well, I'm drunk and fell asleep without brushing. Guess I better get up and do that real quick before going back to sleep. Bye!
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

I dint have coffee my whole life. I don't smoke, I don't drink soda, no alcohol, no fast food and my religion forced me to be vegetarian. So no meat in my whole life. Now I'm cutting back milk from my diet. Despite of all this I got stinkey breath. This is not fair. F my life.
Betty
Total Newbie

Post by Betty »

Update: I am almost 4 weeks post-op tonsillectomy. For the most of the time, I have had no reactions. No coughing, no one moving away, etc.

Then I had the bright idea to take probio tic one week ago. I started to get the occasional loud sniff, cough, throat clearing. But I figured it was just the die-off of bad bacteria they were smelling. It would go away in time.

Smart me decides to test if I could drink coffee without people reacting. Big mistake! People seemed to be diving out of my way And everyone seemed to have a serious respiratory illness around me! So I guess no more coffee..... it wasn't good anyway.

So to offset that drastic mistake, I drank more water and am now ramping up my probiotic dosage. If things get worse over the next week, I will stop taking them.

Oh, btw I feel a lump in my throat now I when I swallow. I have an appointment next Friday so I will tell the doctor. I will keep you posted!
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Betty wrote:Update: I am almost 4 weeks post-op tonsillectomy. For the most of the time, I have had no reactions. No coughing, no one moving away, etc.

Then I had the bright idea to take probio tic one week ago. I started to get the occasional loud sniff, cough, throat clearing. But I figured it was just the die-off of bad bacteria they were smelling. It would go away in time.

Smart me decides to test if I could drink coffee without people reacting. Big mistake! People seemed to be diving out of my way And everyone seemed to have a serious respiratory illness around me! So I guess no more coffee..... it wasn't good anyway.

So to offset that drastic mistake, I drank more water and am now ramping up my probiotic dosage. If things get worse over the next week, I will stop taking them.

Oh, btw I feel a lump in my throat now I when I swallow. I have an appointment next Friday so I will tell the doctor. I will keep you posted!
For how long you were on antibiotics post surgery? So does that mean you are lactose intolarent? Wonder how a small amount of coffee trigger such a huge problem.
Betty
Total Newbie

Post by Betty »

My doctor decided on no antibiotics after surgery.

Also I am lactose intolerant but I love milk! Go figure...
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Betty wrote:My doctor decided on no antibiotics after surgery.

Also I am lactose intolerant but I love milk! Go figure...
Hey did you do any test to find out you are intolerant to milk? I got food intolerances test done for 50 different food. All came back negative. The test was called IGG test if I remember it correctly. I find milk hard to digest if I have lot of it. It gives me gas. Even when I cut milk I don't see any difference in my BB. May be that's nothing to do with my problem. My next plan is to cut milk + wheat for a month.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic