Your Email Address:

First Name:

Not sure if i have bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Justanotherguy
Total Newbie
Not sure if i have bad breath

Post by Justanotherguy »

For the past 3 years i have always thought i have bad breath never was sure but i would always have mints and gum in me and would not talk in someones face.

for the last few weeks i have been getting really down thinking that i will be stuck with bad breath forever and i will never get a girl friend and it has been really messing me up, many sad nights not going out with mates because of it :(, the reason for me thinking i have bad breath is that if i use my finger and rub the back of my tongue it smells really bad like poop but normal the later in the night the worst like it is 10 PM now and if i rub the back of my tongue is smells like straight up sh*t (only at the back tho, if i like my wrist it normal smells good and gums and inner cheeks smells good as well) , during the day it only smells a little bad but still worst enough for my breath to be offensive and not want people to talk close to me and if i eat junk food it smells more like cheese as i think it boost the production of mucus and causes me to have bad post nasal drip i know 100% when i eat junk food my breath smells as i can smell it on my own breath. In the morning i do get really bad morning breath but dont really care as i will just brush and scrape my tongue. my tongue has a white coating on it as well that comes and goes but is always there a little.

anyways i never get any comments that i can remember, no 'whos farted' comments and i dont really read peoples reaction as i always talk away from there faces, no of my friends have ever said anything although this fairly autistic kid shouted at me telling me that 'everyone knows my breath smells' once but he had said it to another friend of mine whos breath never smells bad so maybe not the best source ; but my mine is set on think that he was right and i do believe my breath smells i notice little things like people rolling down windows in cars and people offering me gum ever now and then.

i have asked my mum 3 times now if she can smell anything on my breath and she said no all times and said she has never smelled anything even when back of my tongue smells like poop the thing is i really do believe my mum i have cried to her begging for her to just tell me if it does a bit cuz i will just go to the doctors but she says 100% no. the same time i also do think my breath smells as well, also my brother said he has never smelt my breath being bad and he is normally brutally honest with me and how i smell he use to make jokes about my bo ( yeah i was a dirty 13 year old aha)

so the real question is that is, does the back of the tongue smelling bad really effect breath that much, my mum did the same as me and her finger smelt bad a little not as bad as mine tho, anyone with normal breath or someone who can test on someone else who has normal breath tell me if the back of there tongue smells bad without bad breath, when i said rub you need to give it a good rub really get in there no lightly touching cause that may not be enough to transfer the smell although it is for me most the time.

maybe there is some kind of rule like if you can smell bad smell on your finger when it is 5 cm away that means people can smell your breath but if u need to be really close then it is fine??? sorry for bad English i am dyslexic and cant be bothered to check grammar :D

Ricky
Sheriff
Re: Not sure if i have bad breath

Post by Ricky »

Justanotherguy wrote:For the past 3 years i have always thought i have bad breath never was sure but i would always have mints and gum in me and would not talk in someones face.

for the last few weeks i have been getting really down thinking that i will be stuck with bad breath forever and i will never get a girl friend and it has been really messing me up, many sad nights not going out with mates because of it :(, the reason for me thinking i have bad breath is that if i use my finger and rub the back of my tongue it smells really bad like poop but normal the later in the night the worst like it is 10 PM now and if i rub the back of my tongue is smells like straight up sh*t (only at the back tho, if i like my wrist it normal smells good and gums and inner cheeks smells good as well) , during the day it only smells a little bad but still worst enough for my breath to be offensive and not want people to talk close to me and if i eat junk food it smells more like cheese as i think it boost the production of mucus and causes me to have bad post nasal drip i know 100% when i eat junk food my breath smells as i can smell it on my own breath. In the morning i do get really bad morning breath but dont really care as i will just brush and scrape my tongue. my tongue has a white coating on it as well that comes and goes but is always there a little.

anyways i never get any comments that i can remember, no 'whos farted' comments and i dont really read peoples reaction as i always talk away from there faces, no of my friends have ever said anything although this fairly autistic kid shouted at me telling me that 'everyone knows my breath smells' once but he had said it to another friend of mine whos breath never smells bad so maybe not the best source ; but my mine is set on think that he was right and i do believe my breath smells i notice little things like people rolling down windows in cars and people offering me gum ever now and then.

i have asked my mum 3 times now if she can smell anything on my breath and she said no all times and said she has never smelled anything even when back of my tongue smells like poop the thing is i really do believe my mum i have cried to her begging for her to just tell me if it does a bit cuz i will just go to the doctors but she says 100% no. the same time i also do think my breath smells as well, also my brother said he has never smelt my breath being bad and he is normally brutally honest with me and how i smell he use to make jokes about my bo ( yeah i was a dirty 13 year old aha)

so the real question is that is, does the back of the tongue smelling bad really effect breath that much, my mum did the same as me and her finger smelt bad a little not as bad as mine tho, anyone with normal breath or someone who can test on someone else who has normal breath tell me if the back of there tongue smells bad without bad breath, when i said rub you need to give it a good rub really get in there no lightly touching cause that may not be enough to transfer the smell although it is for me most the time.

maybe there is some kind of rule like if you can smell bad smell on your finger when it is 5 cm away that means people can smell your breath but if u need to be really close then it is fine??? sorry for bad English i am dyslexic and cant be bothered to check grammar :D
Hello justanotherguy

What you experience is what we all bb sufferers experience. Denial from close relatives. It is not unusual. I have asked my mother many times but she says she couldn't smell anything. But when i go out, people react horribly to my breath. My mum has rotten teeth and haven't flossed for decades. But her breath doesn't smell bad. I flossed my teeth and my teeth are better than my mother's. I dont have decaying teeth. Yet my breath smells horrible, based on what i hear from strangers. To be honest, i couldn't smell my own breath. I had this for 20yrs.

Anyways, welcome to this forum.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Justanotherguy wrote:For the past 3 years i have always thought i have bad breath never was sure but i would always have mints and gum in me and would not talk in someones face.

sometimes asking friends and family won't work. even peoples reactions will throw you off. best indicator is what you're doing - rubbing your fingers on your tongue and smelling it. If you can smell it from a few cm away from your nose - it's probably pretty bad. But if you don't smell anything or have to touch your nose to your fingers (or wrist or whatever surface youre using) you're probably fine.

As for your comment about a girlfriend - many people on here maintain relationships - many are married. You need to learn to control your bad breath. Many different procedures on here for doing so.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

BB completely messes with your mind man. Once you have those thaughts you will start observing every move of people around you and connect it to the fact that you have BB.
Usually when I'm travelling in public I listen to music and don't think about my breath. When I do that I don't see any reactions from people. But when I start looking for reaction, I see many people rubbing their nose, making faces, drinking water etc. I think some of BB sufferers are weak minded, we let these negative thoughts creep into our head. I my self was a shy kid growing up. Never hung around with many people. Was socially akward.
Justanotherguy
Total Newbie

Post by Justanotherguy »

Thanks for the reply's guys, i am going to continue searching for a cure or ways to suppress the breath but i do think a lot of people on here over think the whole people reactions things and breaths are probably no where as near as bad as they think, i think it is a case of asking as many people as possible one of them will tell the truth, i have started a 0 sugar,dairy and meat diet and am gonna see if that helps,also gonna drink up to 5l of water i will report back if this helps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic