Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tongue has gone brown/black - need help

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
gotshot26
Master
Tongue has gone brown/black - need help

Post by gotshot26 »

Hi,

About a week ago my tongue started going black - I assumed it was from the hydrogen peroxide mouthwash and oral probiotics ive been taking. I stopped taking them but it didn't go away immediately. I got very drunk a couple of days after I first started noticing it and swapped saliva with alot of people (sharing drinks, kissed a girl also I noticed has bad breath but mild). It was worse the next day. I've cut out the mouthwash and probiotics since then and the colour has gone brown. Can anyone advise me of this. I've also been working in a smoking venue as a bartender recently which has been hurting my lungs and kidneys and i think this might be related. Please help.

Image:
https://imgur.com/a/hONv5

For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
fog
Junior

Re: Tongue has gone brown/black - need help

Post by fog »

Does HP cause Brown discoloration?
You need a doctor mate, surely they cant ignore a tongue that turned brown
Something with the gut perhaps
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Thanks for the reply. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Didn't reply to you in full. HP can cause discolouration yes.

It's funny I don't have BB at the moment while this is going on. It's like I accidentally did an oral microbiome transplant: killed everything inside me with alcohol then introduced new species. I'm guessing good bacteria is at war with the anaerobes. Unfortunately I know who will win this fight in the end.
Mercedes

Post by Mercedes »

Hey bro,the cause of the black tongue are:
-AIDS
-Sjogren's sindrome
-Aspergillus niger.

Hope this help,Regards.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Got checked out by a doctor (a good one): he believes it's Oral Thrush.

I've been given anti-fungal cream for my tongue and digestive system in general. Anyone else here had oral thrush before? I don't know what caused it, K12, hydrogen peroxide, my big night out getting drunk and swapping saliva?

They've done two oral swabs on me. I'll have the results in a few days for one of them, just basic fungal test. And the second one I'll have results in four weeks, they did a test on me i've been wanting to do my whole life - an oral microbiome general bacteria test - will be good to see whats actually on my tongue. I plan on doing it again after the thrush goes and then getting back on track with my bad breath mission.

Thanks for replies Fog and Mercedes.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Bad breath has returned also. Different kind of smell though.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

gotshot26 wrote:Got checked out by a doctor (a good one): he believes it's Oral Thrush.

I've been given anti-fungal cream for my tongue and digestive system in general. Anyone else here had oral thrush before? I don't know what caused it, K12, hydrogen peroxide, my big night out getting drunk and swapping saliva?
Probably the hydrogen peroxide imo. A couple of years ago a abused chlorhexidine digluconate every day for a couple of weeks, and my tongue turned black. It went away eventually.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

gotshot26 wrote:Got checked out by a doctor (a good one): he believes it's Oral Thrush.

They've done two oral swabs on me. I'll have the results in a few days for one of them, just basic fungal test. And the second one I'll have results in four weeks, they did a test on me i've been wanting to do my whole life - an oral microbiome general bacteria test - will be good to see whats actually on my tongue. I plan on doing it again after the thrush goes and then getting back on track with my bad breath mission.

What anti fungal did they give you for your digestive system?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Hey man just interested, has your tongue returned to its normal colour or is it still dark?
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

winter wrote:

Just some over the counter australian brand. It's called Daktarin oral gel.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Geoffrey wrote:Hey man just interested, has your tongue returned to its normal colour or is it still dark?
Tongue hasn't returned to its normal colour yet. It's still brown/light brown. I'm guessing will be with me for a couple of weeks.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

gotshot26 wrote:
winter wrote:

Gel? So it's for your mouth, not taken internally?

Docs didn't want to give me a candida test. They said fungal infection will have white spots. They don't see any in my mouth and endoscopies.
Mercedes

Post by Mercedes »

You also have a Black tongue ? Btw do a private one there nobody ask you nothing just Pay and do
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

winter wrote:
gotshot26 wrote:
winter wrote:
Gel? So it's for your mouth, not taken internally?

Docs didn't want to give me a candida test. They said fungal infection will have white spots. They don't see any in my mouth and endoscopies.
You put it in your mouth, hold for as long as you can, then swallow. So yes, Internally.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic