Your Email Address:

First Name:

Try it: Traditional Chinese Medicine

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
haloo
Total Newbie

Try it: Traditional Chinese Medicine

Post by haloo »

I had bad breath for about 3-4 years now. I had tonsils stones, I thought that was the reason that was causing my bad breath but I got my tonsils removed last summer and my bad breath was still there. So i decided i would try another way to get rid of it i went to a naturopathic doctor in August of last year. At first my doctor thought it was coming from my sinuses she first gave me goldenseal that didn't work, then she gave me these drops (pronova sinus drops and some anxiety drops). I didn't notice any change in my breath so then I went back to her and she told me to use a neti pot which I still use with Alkol solution but no difference, afterwards she said it probably isn't from my sinus but my stomach so we did a food intolerant test and I found out the foods I was intolerant to. I haven't really stuck to it because it was difficult but when I did i realized that I did have as much mucus in my throat. But these past two weeks I was interested in traditional chinese medicine. I did alot of research seeing if traditional chinese medicine helps with bad breath and I found some articles online about it helping. So i scheduled my appointment with a TCM doctor. When I went to her she checked my pulse and my tongue and asked a few questions like if I was hungry all the time.. which I was, if i sighed alot.. which I do, and she asked a few more questions about me then she confidently said I know the root cause of this problem and why there's a smell. She said ir's because of congestion in my digestive system and heat in my stomach and also my liver was overworked. So afterwards she did acupuncture on me and prescribed me chinese herbs in powder form to drink in warm water twice a day and that's suppose to help with the heat and get rid of the smell. (this was all yesterday) so i ordered the herbs and i have an appointment in a week march 2 which the TCM doctor again. So hopefully these herbs will help and the acupuncture. So I can keep you guys updated if you'd like. But if you do want to get rid of the root cause of bad breath go to a natural holistic doctor because western doctors will most likely just give you antibotics which will not help you in the long run. Also I do take probiotics- I take the ora organic capsule probiotic.

Helpus
Re: Try it: Traditional Chinese Medicine

Post by Helpus »

haloo wrote:I had bad breath for about 3-4 years now. I had tonsils stones, I thought that was the reason that was causing my bad breath but I got my tonsils removed last summer and my bad breath was still there. So i decided i would try another way to get rid of it i went to a naturopathic doctor in August of last year. At first my doctor thought it was coming from my sinuses she first gave me goldenseal that didn't work, then she gave me these drops (pronova sinus drops and some anxiety drops). I didn't notice any change in my breath so then I went back to her and she told me to use a neti pot which I still use with Alkol solution but no difference, afterwards she said it probably isn't from my sinus but my stomach so we did a food intolerant test and I found out the foods I was intolerant to. I haven't really stuck to it because it was difficult but when I did i realized that I did have as much mucus in my throat. But these past two weeks I was interested in traditional chinese medicine. I did alot of research seeing if traditional chinese medicine helps with bad breath and I found some articles online about it helping. So i scheduled my appointment with a TCM doctor. When I went to her she checked my pulse and my tongue and asked a few questions like if I was hungry all the time.. which I was, if i sighed alot.. which I do, and she asked a few more questions about me then she confidently said I know the root cause of this problem and why there's a smell. She said ir's because of congestion in my digestive system and heat in my stomach and also my liver was overworked. So afterwards she did acupuncture on me and prescribed me chinese herbs in powder form to drink in warm water twice a day and that's suppose to help with the heat and get rid of the smell. (this was all yesterday) so i ordered the herbs and i have an appointment in a week march 2 which the TCM doctor again. So hopefully these herbs will help and the acupuncture. So I can keep you guys updated if you'd like. But if you do want to get rid of the root cause of bad breath go to a natural holistic doctor because western doctors will most likely just give you antibotics which will not help you in the long run. Also I do take probiotics- I take the ora organic capsule probiotic.

Yes please keep us posted on your results with this thanks
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Can you tell us the name of the herbs?
haloo
Total Newbie

Post by haloo »

Dead wrote:Can you tell us the name of the herbs?
It is qing wei san and xiao wei xiao yao wan.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

I went to a tcm doctor a couple of weeks ago and was prescribed herbs just like you. The dr I went to said the same thing: digestion not on point, excessive heat, weak qi. Anyway, I did take the herbs and after 2-3 weeks my IBS got much better (no more constipation) and I felt like my breath improved a little bit as well, but it needs time to heal.
The dr said that before cleansing I must fix my digestive tract. So hopefully with diet changes and a healthy digestive system my bad breath will be gone.

One thing that's working for me right now is turmeric tea. It really helps diminish my bad breath by about 50%. I take it twice a day now and i buy whole turmeric or dried turmeric (more potent that powder).
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Trunks99 wrote:I went to a tcm doctor a couple of weeks ago and was prescribed herbs just like you. The dr I went to said the same thing: digestion not on point, excessive heat, weak qi. Anyway, I did take the herbs and after 2-3 weeks my IBS got much better (no more constipation) and I felt like my breath improved a little bit as well, but it needs time to heal.
The dr said that before cleansing I must fix my digestive tract. So hopefully with diet changes and a healthy digestive system my bad breath will be gone.

One thing that's working for me right now is turmeric tea. It really helps diminish my bad breath by about 50%. I take it twice a day now and i buy whole turmeric or dried turmeric (more potent that powder).
Isn't turmeric "heaty"?

Anyway, I have seen TCM a few times too. One said my body was too "cooling", the other said my stomach might be too "heaty". Anyway, the meds didn't help.

I still prefer Western more scientific medicine.
blue bird
Total Newbie

Post by blue bird »

Try magnesium in powder !!! I use Magnesol you can find it on Amazon. the flavor is not the best but mix it w Oraje Juice. PLEASE read about what magnesium can do for you and no side effects. I am started taking this products already 3 weeks and halitosis is 80% better. I will start taking it twice a day. I also changed my diet to more greens and fruits . I still eat meat but just 3 times a week. I also eat almonds carrots and celery as snack. In my situation I coudnt beleive it was my reflux . All this acid in the back of my throat. Magnesium is helping me so much!!!
Please let t me know how it went .
But I suggest you do your research first as I did and still doing it.
Never give up !!! and try it .. you will see a HUGE difference.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

winter wrote:
Trunks99 wrote:I went to a tcm doctor a couple of weeks ago and was prescribed herbs just like you. The dr I went to said the same thing: digestion not on point, excessive heat, weak qi. Anyway, I did take the herbs and after 2-3 weeks my IBS got much better (no more constipation) and I felt like my breath improved a little bit as well, but it needs time to heal.

Isn't turmeric "heaty"?

Anyway, I have seen TCM a few times too. One said my body was too "cooling", the other said my stomach might be too "heaty". Anyway, the meds didn't help.

Honestly, I do not know. I don't really follow any TCM based diet -- if there is such a thing.
All I can tell you is that the herbs helped with my constipation and a little bit with my breath. Before that, for 3-4 years, I was depending on intestinal formula 1 to be regular. Now, I go to the bathroom daily, without laxatives. I've also noticed as a result that my brain works faster.

I personally prefer alternative medicine. I find western medicine too focused addressing symptoms rather than understanding the root cause and addressing that instead.

What kind of bad breath do you have?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Trunks99 wrote:
winter wrote:

Isn't turmeric "heaty"?

Honestly, I do not know. I don't really follow any TCM based diet -- if there is such a thing.
All I can tell you is that the herbs helped with my constipation and a little bit with my breath. Before that, for 3-4 years, I was depending on intestinal formula 1 to be regular. Now, I go to the bathroom daily, without laxatives. I've also noticed as a result that my brain works faster.

I personally prefer alternative medicine. I find western medicine too focused addressing symptoms rather than understanding the root cause and addressing that instead.

What kind of bad breath do you have?
I don't have reliable feedback. I think it's the typical bad breath smell, but more potent and comes from the nose too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic