Your Email Address:

First Name:

Another Tonsillectomy cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

After the tonsillectomy did your white tongue go away??

edit - thread started in 2007, guess the person is enjoying life right now lol

marija
Re: Another Tonsillectomy cure

Post by marija »

Hi,.me too cured with tonsilectomy,.THANK GOD,.. :) :D :)
marija

Post by marija »

I am not cured...... [-X I think I was am cured ...but now I see I'm not
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

marija wrote:I am not cured...... [-X I think I was am cured ...but now I see I'm not
Marija can you tell us what happened?
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

I remember when I had thought I was cured after my tonsillectomy. The reason my breath was temporarily cured, was because I was hardly eating much, apart from cornflakes and jelly. I didn't realise at the time I had Tmau. It was because of the lack of food (little choline) I was consuming, that had freshened my breath up....
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

MrChips wrote:I remember when I had thought I was cured after my tonsillectomy. The reason my breath was temporarily cured, was because I was hardly eating much, apart from cornflakes and jelly. I didn't realise at the time I had Tmau. It was because of the lack of food (little choline) I was consuming, that had freshened my breath up....
Are you sure you have TMAU?
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Yep, i was diagnosed about 2 years ago
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

MrChips wrote:Yep, i was diagnosed about 2 years ago
Are you taking Iodine(Kelp)/Zinc? I also have TMAU and I take Iodine/Zinc daily... 0 odor. People don't believe me, but I suppose it is their loss not mine. By the way people often say Kelp/Zinc, however Kelp is simply a source of Iodine... I take Iodine/Zinc it is the same thing. Hope this helps you.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

If I took kelp / zinc for 2 weeks and they didn't work, can I assume that it's not TMAU? I don't really have a BO problem.
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

winter wrote:If I took kelp / zinc for 2 weeks and they didn't work, can I assume that it's not TMAU? I don't really have a BO problem.
TMAU is essentially body + urine odors. If you don't have them, you don't have TMAU.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Attraction wrote:
winter wrote:If I took kelp / zinc for 2 weeks and they didn't work, can I assume that it's not TMAU? I don't really have a BO problem.
TMAU is essentially body + urine odors. If you don't have them, you don't have TMAU.
And what about secondary TMAU (TMAU 2)?
And I'm not saying anyone here has any form of TMAU, but I'd bet that most people with unexplainable bad breath have some kind of reason allowing bad smelling chemical(s) to get into their bloodstream which their body isn't able to deal with, which then ends up in small quantities in their saliva/mucus, that causes the breath to stink.
impactdial

Post by impactdial »

halitosisux wrote:
Attraction wrote:
And what about secondary TMAU (TMAU 2)?
And I'm not saying anyone here has any form of TMAU, but I'd bet that most people with unexplainable bad breath have some kind of reason allowing bad smelling chemical(s) to get into their bloodstream which their body isn't able to deal with, which then ends up in small quantities in their saliva/mucus, that causes the breath to stink.
Tbh Im not sure if the type really matters when it comes to it being released in the body, I think either kind can still be released in various parts of the body including the salivary glands (unfortunately).

I must say though, I noticed how carefully you picked your words, there seems to be alot of unwarranted adversity to tmau on this forum, and Ive read old posts where you and others have brought it up to much discontent.

I don't personally understand it.....as rare as tmau is, Id say it probably isn't as rare amongst unexplained odor sufferers of any type (body or breath). But it is whatever I guess, it is up to the individual what they want to believe, taking the test won't hurt.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

No adversity from me on this subject, if you care to check through my posts. And some of my most recent posts I've mentioned how I've tried a low choline diet, and noticed my mouth feeling consistently fresher, but gave up on discussion because of the adversity you've also noticed on this subject.

I strongly believe a "mechanism" of TMAU is likely to be behind most cases of chronic halitosis, and if not trimethylamine, some other foul smelling chemical that builds up in the body in a similar way- for whatever the reason might be, whether it's genetics, gut flora imbalance, hormonal, diet, etc.

I once put the simple question to Dr. Murat Aydinmur, of whether he's aware of any research done to actually test for the levels of trimethylamine (or any other bad smelling digestion by-products) in saliva/mucus in chronic halitosis sufferers, and he's aware of none. Yet we know for a fact that with TMAU, trimethylamine is secreted in saliva/mucus (saliva/mucus is filtered blood). Another interesting established fact is that 1 in 100 of the general population have secondary TMAU. Even Dr. Murat has recently mentioned:-

"Yes every menstruration (and even ovulation) can cause Type 4 halitosis.
According to somes, every cycle is a temporary tma disorder."

Our body literally contains a sewage factory in our abdomen. We all absorb certain bad smelling chemicals from our gut produced by bacteria during the process of digestion and from what we eat, into our bloodstream. We have mechanisms that then filter our blood of these chemicals. But in some people that filtration is either faulty or dysfunctional - or there's an abnormal buildup of these chemicals that overwhelms the filtration process. That's why TMAU isn't simply a case of "you have it or you don't" but more a case of "you might have it to a degree" and it manifests itself in different forms of symptom and severity.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

MrChips wrote:I remember when I had thought I was cured after my tonsillectomy. The reason my breath was temporarily cured, was because I was hardly eating much, apart from cornflakes and jelly. I didn't realise at the time I had Tmau. It was because of the lack of food (little choline) I was consuming, that had freshened my breath up....
hi mrChips, did they give you some meds to take for your TMAU? Are they helping? I wonder what did you tell your doctor to get this diagnosis? My general practitioner didn't know about this disorder but I want to talk to him again about it.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Basically, I explained to my Doctor that I think I had Tmau. She had never heard of it, so she had a look on the internet, and then organised it for me to be tested. Was a couple of years ago now... I had to eat choline rich foods and then fill a big bottle up of urine, which they sent away to be analysed. The results concluded I had Tmau2....
The first year was great, kept to the special diet strictly. Second year iv really struggled, bad breath is back, not as bad as before, but has come back,, due to not sticking to the diet....
I did take metronidazole tablets after being g diagnosed too.
I find drinking lots and lots of water helps....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic