Your Email Address:

First Name:

Another Tonsillectomy cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
steffna
Junior

Re: Another Tonsillectomy cure

Post by steffna »

Attraction wrote:
MrChips wrote:Yep, i was diagnosed about 2 years ago
Are you taking Iodine(Kelp)/Zinc? I also have TMAU and I take Iodine/Zinc daily... 0 odor. People don't believe me, but I suppose it is their loss not mine. By the way people often say Kelp/Zinc, however Kelp is simply a source of Iodine... I take Iodine/Zinc it is the same thing. Hope this helps you.
hi Attraction,
I remember you saying you self diagnosed your TMAU, but it's a genetic disorder and most likely you notice symptoms really early like childhood. I don't doubt you had those symptoms and suffered from them, but maybe it's better to get a test from a doctor to know if you really have TMAU. It could also be because of a SIBO condition or a gut flora imbalance, forcing your body to release junk from your skin, scalp, hair etc. This would explain why kelp and zinc worked well for you but not for everybody with diagnosed TMAU. jUST a thought.
take care

Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

steffna wrote:
Attraction wrote:
MrChips wrote:Yep, i was diagnosed about 2 years ago
Are you taking Iodine(Kelp)/Zinc? I also have TMAU and I take Iodine/Zinc daily... 0 odor. People don't believe me, but I suppose it is their loss not mine. By the way people often say Kelp/Zinc, however Kelp is simply a source of Iodine... I take Iodine/Zinc it is the same thing. Hope this helps you.
hi Attraction,
I remember you saying you self diagnosed your TMAU, but it's a genetic disorder and most likely you notice symptoms really early like childhood. I don't doubt you had those symptoms and suffered from them, but maybe it's better to get a test from a doctor to know if you really have TMAU. It could also be because of a SIBO condition or a gut flora imbalance, forcing your body to release junk from your skin, scalp, hair etc. This would explain why kelp and zinc worked well for you but not for everybody with diagnosed TMAU. jUST a thought.
take care
I have TMAU.
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Attraction wrote:
steffna wrote:
Attraction wrote:
hi Attraction,
take care
I have TMAU.
That's fine, if you don't think you need testing I won't insist.
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

steffna wrote:
Attraction wrote:
steffna wrote:
hi Attraction,
take care
I have TMAU.
The fact that my entire apartment smells isn't enough?
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

Attraction wrote:
steffna wrote:
Attraction wrote:
I have TMAU.
The fact that my entire apartment smells isn't enough?
Other conditions cause bad odor, that's why I was suggesting to seek an official diagnosis. Anyway, you're probably right.
impactdial

Post by impactdial »

halitosisux wrote:No adversity from me on this subject, if you care to check through my posts. And some of my most recent posts I've mentioned how I've tried a low choline diet, and noticed my mouth feeling consistently fresher, but gave up on discussion because of the adversity you've also noticed on this subject.

I strongly believe a "mechanism" of TMAU is likely to be behind most cases of chronic halitosis, and if not trimethylamine, some other foul smelling chemical that builds up in the body in a similar way- for whatever the reason might be, whether it's genetics, gut flora imbalance, hormonal, diet, etc.

I once put the simple question to Dr. Murat Aydinmur, of whether he's aware of any research done to actually test for the levels of trimethylamine (or any other bad smelling digestion by-products) in saliva/mucus in chronic halitosis sufferers, and he's aware of none. Yet we know for a fact that with TMAU, trimethylamine is secreted in saliva/mucus (saliva/mucus is filtered blood). Another interesting established fact is that 1 in 100 of the general population have secondary TMAU. Even Dr. Murat has recently mentioned:-

"Yes every menstruration (and even ovulation) can cause Type 4 halitosis.
According to somes, every cycle is a temporary tma disorder."

Our body literally contains a sewage factory in our abdomen. We all absorb certain bad smelling chemicals from our gut produced by bacteria during the process of digestion and from what we eat, into our bloodstream. We have mechanisms that then filter our blood of these chemicals. But in some people that filtration is either faulty or dysfunctional - or there's an abnormal buildup of these chemicals that overwhelms the filtration process. That's why TMAU isn't simply a case of "you have it or you don't" but more a case of "you might have it to a degree" and it manifests itself in different forms of symptom and severity.

Yes sorry, I wasn't trying to imply the adversity came from you, infact you were one of the few people that was willing to consider tmau, I was more saying that I see why you picked your words carefully in that post as there are people here that hate the idea of tmau.

And yes I agree with your post in general. Sure it won't be the case that everybody has tmau, but if you've exhausted all other options (tonsils, adenoids, sinus corrections etc etc), and your breath is still extremely potent.....its a very reasonable avenue to pursue, Im just really sad that at the moment its not that well documented, and many gps still have no idea what it is, and also there are definitely other similar metabolic problems but we have no means to test for them yet.

But hopefully in the next 10-20 years that will start to change, recently a lady had a video released on-line where she discusses her tmau, and that video has over 1 million views, I think stuff like that will really help awareness when it comes to all types of odours.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Laser Biofilm Removal

Post by Jimi Stein »

VICKSTER wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:44 am Hi, H,
Thanks for you support, as always.
The tongue cleaning is very mild, it was much different from the tonsil " Laser " procedure. It was really mild and short, it completed with a small laser . I have to go back for more on Nov. 11. Dr. Krespi said I will need a few visits to complete it, I may have to go back for a while.24 Hours later i feel better.
how was it...was there any effect?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Seems like Krespi is cited here at this study
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33045536/
Maybe we should contact him again...
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic