Your Email Address:

First Name:

Another Tonsillectomy cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Byhisstrips
Total Newbie

Another Tonsillectomy cure

Post by Byhisstrips »

I just want to thank you guy's sooooooo much! I too had my tonsils removed a couple of weeks ago (it was not a good feeling)and I can tell a big difference.....I didn't have too much PND, but my crypts was hidden and I couldn't see my tonsil stones.......I went ahead and did it because I had nothing to loose.....so if you do not see crypts doesn't mean that you don't have them. My tongue has never been so pink and I do not have that 24hrs a day taste anymore. I THINK THIS WAS MY PROBLEM ALL THESE YEARS food got in the crypts and I couldn't see them to remove them>>>I THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE!! GOD BLESS!!! It's like my life is starting over! I wish you all the best!

emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Congratulations!!!!! I´m happy for you!

Please keep us updated if your situation improves even more or anything you can tell us....
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Wow. Thanks for posting! I'm so happy for you!

Plus, you sound like me, my tonsils are hidden, so I can't see or force stones out. I was going to skip tonsil surgery and go for HH 1st.

Gee, you made my day!

JIMI STICKY HER POST!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

for god sake somebody go toYehuda

i knew it tonsils might be the cause
Byhisstrips
Total Newbie

Post by Byhisstrips »

elliott wrote:Wow. Thanks for posting! I'm so happy for you!

Plus, you sound like me, my tonsils are hidden, so I can't see or force stones out. I was going to skip tonsil surgery and go for HH 1st.

Gee, you made my day!

JIMI STICKY HER POST!
Yea for a longtime I just knew it wasn't my tonsils, because my daughter have very big crypts that you can see and see the stones when she opens her mouth, I did not see anything and I was looking desperately for them.....however when my ENT told me that I had them, I told him take my tonsils out (even though I told him it was for re-current sore throat) it was the bad breath....I gargled for the sore throat. So if you guy's have nothing to loose I would go for it, if it hadn't been for this site I would have never done it...THANKS AGAIN!!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

can we expect any donations?
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

is that a joke?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

no mr austuser, this is not a joke, i am just asking for donations fom people who got cured from the help of our site. I am not demanding it.

Sorry that you are upset because of it.

because i would certainly donate if I would get rid of this ondition with the help of somebody
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

didnt say i was upset
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

thank god, i was obsessing with you being upset all night

you are such a big helper to this site, NOT
Chris28

Post by Chris28 »

Hi there,

I stumbled across this site maybe 4 months ago when I was really struggling to cope with bad breath anymore. I thought I was the only one coughing up these smelly globs until I read other posts. Having suffered for more than 10 years of people backing away, the "did you fart"gags, rubbing of noses and people getting mints/gum out in my presence I decided that I would see about getting my tonsils out.

Well I have just returned from the hospital after the procedure and will keep posting on my progess in case anyone else is considering the operation. I am feeling happy already because there is so much more space in my throat now..I didnt realise just how much room my tonsils took up!

I am not sure how it works in the U.S.A in terms of costs but in the uk a private tonsilectomy costs about £2,600 but I got mine on the NHS so it didnt cost me a penny HOWEVER it has taken 4 months from my first GP visit to the operation yesterday. Keep the faith guys!!!!
JJ
Total Newbie

Post by JJ »

hello,
for those that had there tonsils taken out, i have a few questions.
-how did you present it to a doctor (for example mine are not swollen nor do they hurt...then how does it come up, and were there any problems with the doctor not wanting to do it)
-did you go to an ENT?
-what were your symtoms (related to tonsils)?
I would like to get mine taken out but didnt know how to present it to the doctor. "hey doc, im not having any problems with my tonsils but i want them taken out because i think they are causin my bad breath"...they will undoubtedly laugh and prob think im crazy
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

JJ wrote:hello,
for those that had there tonsils taken out, i have a few questions.
-how did you present it to a doctor (for example mine are not swollen nor do they hurt...then how does it come up, and were there any problems with the doctor not wanting to do it)
-did you go to an ENT?
-what were your symtoms (related to tonsils)?
I would like to get mine taken out but didnt know how to present it to the doctor. "hey doc, im not having any problems with my tonsils but i want them taken out because i think they are causin my bad breath"...they will undoubtedly laugh and prob think im crazy
Hi jj,

You just need to find out if you have tonsil stones or not
if you have it, that is the reason why you have to ask the ent to take them out....but be carefull, cause i don´t know if all the ents knows how to cheq this....
Looking For Hope
Total Newbie

How did you cope?

Post by Looking For Hope »

Hello,

First of all, I'm so glad for you that this procedure worked for you. I have been planning a tonsillectomy myself. I'm scheduled to go under the knife next month. My doctor tells me I'm going to hate him for two weeks after the surgery!! How bad was it for you in terms of pain and eating? Did you have to go on a pure liquid diet for two weeks? I am half excited and half nervous about this. The physical pain I can deal with, not eating for two weeks kind of freaks me out. :roll: Thank you.
Chris28

Post by Chris28 »

Hi JJ,
I read your post and thought I would answer your questions

1) Presenting my need for a tonsilectomy to my doctor was hard. In the Uk doctors will not generally refer a patient for a tonsillectomy unless they have at least 5 or more bouts of severe tonsillitis a year and to add to that doctors are very ignorant about BB related matters (and the stress they cause).
Having found out about tonsil stones which I have produced for years and never know what the technical name was, I went to the doctor and said that my tonsils were producing tonsilliths-and with them a foul taste. The doctor had no idea what a tonsillith was! so I quickly took plan B before she thought i was crazy and maintained I had tonsilliths BUT that the main problem with my tonsils is that since the age of 17 I have recurrent throat infections, itching and a feeling of "fullness" in them which doctors always just gave my anti-biotics for and dissmissed me. From checking my records she also knew I suffer at least one bout of severe tonsillitis a year. I layed it on thick and just said that I was tired of not being listened to and that after 10 years of anti-bitotics I felt it was in my best interests to get my tonsils removed. She arranged a visit to see thr ENT and the rest is history. Overall doctors dont like being told by the patient what needs to be done and they also dont like when a patient is more clued up than them so tread carefully but be honest that your problem is affecting you.

2) I did see an ENT and he was very understanding and within minutes of me talking about tonsil stones agreed to remove my tonsils because he felt they were definetly contributing to my problem.

3) My symtpoms were shit smelling tonsils stones, a foul taste in my mouth all the time, BB, itching in my throat that I could only ease by making a weird croaking noise in my ears (lol) and the feeling of things in my throat.

I help that helps you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic