Your Email Address:

First Name:

Another Tonsillectomy cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hope4now
Master
Re: Tonsils

Post by hope4now »

halitosisux wrote:
me_me wrote:if you have tonsil stones you have chronic tonsillitis
Tonsil stones do not mean you have tonsillitis.
It does mean that they are chronically infected. I get new tonsil stones daily. They are usually soft and tan colored. They can look white when irrigated with anti-bacterial solution, like GSE. Some are almost too small to see, but they all smell bad.

I went to an ENT that agreed to remove the tonsils based on nothing but my complaint of tonsil stones and bb. I haven't scheduled the surgery yet. Still trying a few more ideas, but nothing so far has stopped the stones.

According to wikipedia:

Surgery

Tonsillectomy may be indicated if bad breath due to tonsillar stones persists despite other measures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

deebo

Re: Tonsils

Post by deebo »

not sure stones deem an infection .i hear its protein/fat build up that can lead to infection of course . anyways .i usually get a couple big stones a week .I try to push them out daily .GSE never seemed to do anything for me but i still gargle and neti with it daily. I swish water over the area(right side only for some reason)I let the shower stream hit it . I use my finger and push from the back up,making sure not to touch the crypt and make it bigger . I can usually taste them in there wen i swish . :-s

100 % cure for me has been a low fat ,All Raw diet. It for sure has lessened my bb in the past 13 days. Not a single new stone yet. My PND is less too . II still have BB due to some nose rubs/ rumors ;( . But people get closer than before . Jimi says it can take months for bb to vanish on a raw diet . Here goes...
starfire
Total Newbie

Post by starfire »

Please help I have bad breath for as long as I can remember my breath smells like poop I've excellent hygiene and the dentist could find no oral reason for it so at home I swabbed parts of my mouth and smelled but nothing smelled UNTIL I swabbed my tonsils the smell was comming from them they smelled like poop I occasionally get tonsil stones and always pick them out but the smell never leaves even while brushing I've tried everything nothing works at all please help I would like to have my tonsils removed and want to know is it worth it will it help xx I'm so depressed by this doctors don't care people assume I'm dirty
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

I've had my tonsils removed, no such luck. A lot of members here have not had luck with removing them. Just remember every person is different though!
If your breath smells like poop, you might check out the string called Ileocal Valve Syndrome.
deebo

Post by deebo »

i may have mine lasered soon too. My stones come back even on a good diet now. :evil: I have smelled other peoples stones so i know they stink .
I really think they are Not the major cause to chronic BB but they do contribute . Now ,getting them removed ,as others have said , can possibly cause extra complications , at least temporarily . Gonna email a long list of Dr's to get multiple opinions before any cutting .
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I think odour between teeth may have nothing at all to do with trapped food debris. I've sometimes found trapped debris from foods I've eaten from a day or two before and it doesnt smell of anything at all. Yet I have areas where I regularly get pungent odour when I floss. It comes and goes in phases. I think flossing odours build up between teeth whenever our natural tendency to have increased levels of VSCs and tongue coatings are higher. The abrasion of our teeth against our tongue surface (from nervousness, talking, eating etc) then scrapes off and gets forced between our teeth where it can build up. A similar situation may be occuring with the tonsils, particularly if they are crypted with holes that are of a dimension that is favourable to scraping off what is on the tongue surface and allowing that to build up inside the tonsils.

The tonsils, like between the teeth, are probably just a symptom of another underlying cause that is allowing the excessive buildup of VSCs in the mouth to affect areas in the mouth and throat where they are prone to build-up.

So, removing tonsils may help, but it is very unlikely to turn out to be the sole underlying cause of anyone's BB, unless they are actually infected and providing the blood, constituents of blood and immunological responses etc that would lead to an increase in general bacterial activity.
rich1988

Post by rich1988 »

what I dont understand is how some people say the BB comes back WORSE after getting tonsils removed? I only recently discovered I have a S*** load of tonsil stones and that the constant feeling of something in my throat is actually my tonsils, I Spent about an hour removing them the other day, and went out that evening pretty much BB free. I dont think they are the sole cause but surely getting them out is going to help?
nvrgivN
Total Newbie

Post by nvrgivN »

what are some tests you can do yourself to see if the smell is coming from the tonsils??
aues
Master

Post by aues »

nvrgivN wrote:what are some tests you can do yourself to see if the smell is coming from the tonsils??
I had a whitish tongue. People said I had bad breath. Doctors said my tonsils would were healthy before tonsillectomy. Medical examination after surgery showed my tonsils were highly infected.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

I had my tonsils removed a few years back. Made no difference to me, Iv still got the bad breath. It will help some but not others. I hope some people dont build their hopes up too high. I was suffering tonsillitis 3 or 4 times a year and was also getting tonsil stones so I am glad i had them out cuz im no longer geting sore throats, but on the bad breath front its the same old story for me. Getting wisdom teeth out next month. Maybe this will cure me
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

did you also get acid reflux?
VICKSTER
Advanced

DR. Krespi / Biofilm Removal

Post by VICKSTER »

Hi, Everyone,
I said I would report back after I had my laser biofilm removal done on my tongue . I had it done today by Dr. Krespi, it went very well. no pain at all . It took 5 Minutes, it feels very clean in my mouth right now. I have to go back for more in a few weeks, He said he will have to do it a few times. ( but that is my case ).Dr. Krespi has a very nice chair side manner....he is very sweet, he spends time talking to you. Even if you had your tonsils out...maybe he can laser your tongue??I have spent tons of my money on terrible medicine, this was really worth it.
BUT .... IF you live anywhere near NYC you gotta go to him. He is a very fine doctor with outstanding credentials, he is well published as well. Dr. Krespi is the head of ENT at one of NYC best hospitals.
Anyway.... I am thrilled at the results so far. Here is his address:
NY Head & Neck Institute
110 East 59th ST. Suite 10A,, New York, New York
Tel# (212) 434-4580
www.NYHNI.org JIMI he said to give you his regards !
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Vickster. Good luck, I hope this works for you.

Can you please give some details about this procedure?
Does it affect actual tissues or is it like a heavy cleaning of your tongue?
VICKSTER
Advanced

Laser Biofilm Removal

Post by VICKSTER »

Hi, H,
Thanks for you support, as always.
The tongue cleaning is very mild, it was much different from the tonsil " Laser " procedure. It was really mild and short, it completed with a small laser . I have to go back for more on Nov. 11. Dr. Krespi said I will need a few visits to complete it, I may have to go back for a while.24 Hours later i feel better.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi V,
It's always good to read about people trying new things and reporting about it on here.

It's fascinating to know that something like this is possible. I wish there was more info. Please post any further information you know about this procedure.

So is it like "nukeing" the microbial flora off the tongue? Will the bacteria grow back exactly the way it was before or is the hope that a healthier, less odour-producing one will develop?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic