Your Email Address:

First Name:

Success: my BB problem solved discovered root cause

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Success: my BB problem solved discovered root cause

Post by searching »

Hi all,

My last visit to this site was Sun Dec 30, 2018. I haven’t posted since then, Meanwhile, I’ve completely solved my lifelong BB problem.

My solution is described here. Note: I believe my problematic BB could rival many on this site. Mine was not an easy problem to figure out; however, now solved, the reason makes complete sense.

I’ve used, with great success in minimizing my BB, the following device and technique for the past 1.5 years. The once daily, in the morning ritual, has solved my decades-long BB problem.

I’m not selling, nor profiting from the product mentioned in this post; however, if permissible, I’m placing a links (below) to distinguish this specific device versus other similar devices. I think this specific technology is key.

I use no mouthwashes, no chemicals, nor antimicrobial products of any kind.

In the morning, I:
• Brush my teeth with ordinary toothpaste.
• I then use dental floss.

Note: the two steps mentioned above, do not eliminate my BB; however, these steps are necessary for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. These two steps leave me with BB and a tangy, still-unpleasant sensation/taste/feeling in my mouth.

The following steps have been, and remain, the essential steps for me to rid myself of BB each morning. I think it is essential to use this exact hydro-flossing and hydro-brushing (most essential) device, or an identical twin, to achieve a good result…and I’ll explain why.

1. HydroFloss, using the Jet Tip and flowing warm water, between all teeth and all places where the teeth meet the gums, upper and lower, inner and outer sides. This takes about 1 minute. Note: this step leaves me with a tangy, still-unpleasant sensation/taste/feeling in my mouth, although slightly reduced. I do it to ensure I’m flushing all debris possible with this HydroFloss tip.

2. Next, using the HydroBrush and flowing warm water, gently brush all gum, cheek, teeth and tongue surfaces. This step is essential and is the key differentiator to converting a sour/tangy/foul mouth BB environment to a fresh, clean, neutral environment. I first HydroBrush cheek and gum surfaces, then all teeth surfaces. The final step is HydroBrushing the upper-tongue surface. I gently, yet thoroughly, HydroBrush the first 25% of the upper tongue surface, i.e., nearest the tongue tip, then the next 25%, then the next 25%, then the final 25% of the tongue upper surface. This HydroBrushing progression of the tongue, from tip-toward-throat region, is essential and requires some finesse, as the gag-tendency is high for beginners – who may likely discontinue HydroBrushing the tongue, if they accidentally trigger the gag reflex. Each of us can develop effective daily BB-elimination with HydroBrushing with practice to avoid gagging.

I’m convinced the reason HydroBrushing is effective, is due to the simultaneous combination of 1) mechanical dislodging of bacterial and its sticky biofilm adhered to your oral surfaces, and 2) the presence of continually flowing, abundant warm water that, within 1 or 2 minutes of HydroBrushing, flushes, sufficiently completely from/out of your mouth, the microorganism/bacterial population responsible for BB.

The device I use has unlimited water flow, i.e., a river of flow, versus a device with only a limited water reservoir, to ensure I can get a good result each day. The device I use has a large, soft-bristle brush, very effective in scrubbing and dislodging biofilm from all oral surfaces, i.e., cheeks, gums, teeth, tounge.

In the past, before I HydroBrushed, my BB persisted as I failed to fully dislodge and flush-out-of-my mouth, all of the BB-producing bacterial trapped within sticky biofilm. In the past I was simply moving the foul BB bacterial and biofilm around in my mouth without effectively and fully removing it from my mouth. Minutes or hours later, the BB bacteria repopulated and BB returned.

I perform the HydroFlossing & HydroBrushing with my face down, over a bathroom sink, to dislodge and remove the bacteria and sticky biofilm. This is much more effective than sequentially brushing-then-rinsing the mouth with only 1 or 2 gulps of water. Alternatively, this device may be used in the shower.

Here is an analogy to the steps mentioned above.
Imagine a dinner plate, whose surface is covered with sticky honey (like biofilm) …and your objective is to completely clean the plate. Now imagine 1) attempting to fully clean the plate with only a wet cloth, with an occasional, and incomplete, rinse of flowing water. Or 2) imagine attempting to fully clean the plate with only flowing water, with no wet cloth, i.e., no ability to mechanically/physically dislodge the sticky substance. Neither of the above-mentioned steps alone will be as effective and the combined, simultaneous scrubbing and water-flushing.

I’ve found my solution to BB elimination. As it turns out, I need to do it once daily. It’s very effective, inexpensive, safe, with zero chemicals. I have my tonsils, I’m not a medical professional, I take no antibiotics.

Best wishes to all.

https://www.amazon.com/Toothbrush-Irrig ... op?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.com/ixaer-Irrigator- ... 7FN9&psc=1

Tee

Re: Success: my BB problem solved discovered root cause

Post by Tee »

Load of marketing crap
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Glad that it worked for you if it's a genuine post, otherwise, I already know it won't do sh!t for me.

All you are talking about is keeping good dental hygiene.

My dentists have absolutely no complains about my dental hygiene (every 6 months visit for regular cleaning) .
My gums and teeth are in great health.

And again, keeping excellent dental hygiene, that we all do, does not resolve the issue of anyone here on this forum with chronic halitosis.
miao
Total Newbie

Post by miao »

I want to post a new post but might be I am the new member and cant.

just want to say I solved my BB in recent one month
I just do one thing in addition to my routine ( flossing, brushing)
please use salt water to gargle for 1 to 2 min (just half 1/3 spoon with some warm water and taste quite salty is OK)
it changed my whole life
as I swear I will inform other victims after my improvement hope everyone can try as it is low cost and no side effects
miao
Total Newbie

Post by miao »

seems salt water too simple to solve the problem but it is really very useful. It is quite comparable to chlohexidine effects without the side effects and cost. I have a bad breath measure device and it is really useful to detect the level ( but no need to have one if its not easy to buy for you)

I just hope someone told me that salt water gargling is the final solution to my breath bad 20 years ago. I have been depressed by this for many years and so ridiculous to find the solution is so simple
Crazyred91

Post by Crazyred91 »

Hey thx for sharing - i will give it a try.

So you have to do it once a day? If not bb return immediately or did you try few days without it like on a vacation or so?

And how long did it take for you to see results?
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

I have a Hydrofloss machine from my dentist but it has sat there unused for months. Interesting that you use it in the morning instead of at night. I was using it at night. I do have issues with periodontal disease so maybe I will give this a try. I stopped because it added too much time to my nighttime routine and I just got really tired of it.
the_winter_soldier
Junior

Post by the_winter_soldier »

that means your bad breath is from the mouth, which is not the case for a lot of people here, we are talking about chronic bad breath here
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Treated SIBO ( only reduced bb)
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
searching
Master

Post by searching »

Hi all,

This method continues to work very well. I have my solution, I have my answer. For about 2 years now, I've stopped looking any further to manage my BB.

I now visit this site [only] about 3 times per year, as I've found my answer to solving my decades-long BB problem.

The device and technique in this thread's original post, rids my mouth of about 100,000,000,000 BB bacteria, each morning. These BB bacterial multiply throughout the day and overnight throughout my mouth, primarily on my tongue's top surface.

This device and technique is the best I've found to scrub, dislodge, and flush the BB bacteria from my mouth in minutes, providing me a fresh start each morning. The BB bacteria have nowhere to hide when facing this safe, effective, and inexpensive, power washing.

I've solved my BB problem by removing, once daily, essentially all BB microorganisms from their deep hiding places.

For me, all other methods left a remaining, living BB population in my mouth; therefore, other methods sadly-ensured a rapid return of BB as the surviving bacteria quickly reestablished their teeming, foul population.

As a final note for those who try this, when you oral irrigate, allowing the exiting water to enter your bathroom sink, notice the initial cloudiness in that water, especially when simultaneously brushing & irrigating the tongue total top surface. Those are the billions of BB bacterial dislodged and flushed from your mouth.

No other, of the dozens of methods I've tried, can match the safety, effectiveness, and low cost of this once-in-the-morning, water-only technique.

https://www.rdhmag.com/infection-contro ... y-how-fast
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

HI SEARCHING, DID YOU HAVE NOSE BREATH ALSO

thanks
NewLife7940
Total Newbie
United States of America

Post by NewLife7940 »

Thank you for this tip. I have a Waterpik that has the toothbrush attachment and since seeing your post a couple days ago, I have cleaned my tongue with it twice a day and my tongue is now pink and staying pink. I don't know if it has helped bb any as I work from home and my husband can't smell it. I have used every type of tongue cleaner you can think of including use of peroxide and always had some level of white film on my tongue. It is more or less depending on if I've eaten and seemingly what I've eaten or how hydrated I am, but it's always there.

After water flossing I rinse and gargle a peroxide based pre-brush. Then brush my teeth well. Next I put some baking soda on a regular toothbrush and brush my tongue, rinse, and repeat to get the whole tongue. The saliva that comes off is very slimy. Next I pour some baking soda straight onto my tongue, let it sit for a few seconds, then go in with the Waterpik brush attachment. I use a higher water pressure setting in the front of the tongue and lower towards the back to minimize gagging. I do the front and middle of the tongue, then put Baking soda directly on the brush and get the back and middle well, and then the front again. I rinse and gargle warm water in between brushes several times during this process. I finish with warm saltwater gargle and rinse.

I used to get a bad taste in my mouth when drinking sugar free flavored water... burnt rubber is the best way I can think to describe it, but I'm not experiencing that anymore. Also, my toothbrush would have a swampy/fishy water smell after I used it and that is gone as well. I think the Baking soda helps but using it with the water brush makes a huge difference.
searching
Master

Post by searching »

guzler wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:22 am HI SEARCHING, DID YOU HAVE NOSE BREATH ALSO
Hi guzler,

I'm unsure if I also had nose BB. In the past I did have tonsil stones. These have stopped forming, although I still have my tonsils. Overall, the BB bacteria accumulation stays low throughout the day, after the morning hydro brushing and hydro flossing.
searching
Master

Post by searching »

NewLife7940 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:25 pm Thank you for this tip. I have a Waterpik that has the toothbrush attachment and since seeing your post a couple days ago, I have cleaned my tongue with it twice a day and my tongue is now pink and staying pink. I have used every type of tongue cleaner you can think of including use of peroxide and always had some level of white film on my tongue. It is more or less depending on if I've eaten and seemingly what I've eaten or how hydrated I am, but it's always there.

After water flossing I rinse and gargle a peroxide based pre-brush. Then brush my teeth well. Next I put some baking soda on a regular toothbrush and brush my tongue, rinse, and repeat to get the whole tongue. The saliva that comes off is very slimy. Next I pour some baking soda straight onto my tongue, let it sit for a few seconds, then go in with the Waterpik brush attachment. I use a higher water pressure setting in the front of the tongue and lower towards the back to minimize gagging. I do the front and middle of the tongue, then put Baking soda directly on the brush and get the back and middle well, and then the front again. I rinse and gargle warm water in between brushes several times during this process. I finish with warm saltwater gargle and rinse.
Hello NewLife 7940,

I too have a Waterpik. It's a WP-100W/C. I use it when I travel, with plain warm water, and I get okay results with the jetpik and toothbrush tips.

However, comparing the Waterpik results with the sink-mounted Hydrofloss & Hydrobrush results, each with warm water only, no mouthwash, no baking soda, no peroxide...for me the Hydroflossing & Hydrobrushing clearly gives me the best results. I believe it's due to the significantly larger toothbrush on the Hydrobrush along with unlimited, high, water-flow rate versus the much smaller brush and lower water flow rate when using my Waterpik.

I believe my tongue's top surface is [unfortunately] like a deep shag carpet, that has thousands of deep, hard-to-reach crevices that ordinary daily, oral hygiene failed to clean. The deeply embedded BB bacteria, hiding in slimy biofilm could not be completely penetrated by mouthwash, peroxide, or baking soda.

If I use only a toothbrush with toothpaste, then a foul, slimy film persists in my mouth. However when I follow the ordinary tooth brushing step with the Hydroflossing and Hyrobrushing of my entire mouth including my tongue's entire top surface front-to-back, sufficiently, long-enough to dislodge and flush out and remove all slimy material, that is when a fresh, clean mouth results.

Bottom line is I Hydrobrush until all slimy biofilm is loosened and flushed from everywhere in my mouth. The hydrobrushing step is about 2 minutes in duration, with unlimited, full-flow, warm water. The slime, mucus, biofilm, BB bacteria are all expelled, once each morning.

This once-daily, clean result lasts all day.
searching
Master

Post by searching »

I solved my BB problem more than a year ago, using the method posted in this thread.

Each morning, after regular brushing & flossing, and before using this device I still have: foul breath, tangy taste, slimy tongue.

Each morning, after regular brushing & flossing and after using this device I then have: neutral breath, no tangy taste, squeaky clean tongue, teeth, and gums.

Safe, easy, cheap, and the most reliable and effective method I've found after 40 years of trying nearly every approach publicized.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic