Your Email Address:

First Name:

pH

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

pH

Post by Larc400 »

Hi everyone -

Apparently the bacteria in our mouths only release those gases (VSCs) when the oral pH (measured in the saliva) is from 6.4 and upwards. I guess most of us BB sufferers have an alkaline saliva, mine is something like 7.6. If we could permanently push down the oral pH to something like 5.5 it should lead to no more gases. Can someone think of a way to do this 8)? I guess the saliva has to be attacked from its source. Do we have a saliva expert in the house? We need something radical, but if we can work this one out surely it would be the ultimate solution.

(Katz & Co, if you read this, feel free to steal the idea ...but hurry up, you cnuts.)

Yours,
Karl

Angel
Total Newbie

Re: pH

Post by Angel »

Larc400 wrote:Hi everyone -

Apparently the bacteria in our mouths only release those gases (VSCs) when the oral pH (measured in the saliva) is from 6.4 and upwards. I guess most of us BB sufferers have an alkaline saliva, mine is something like 7.6. If we could permanently push down the oral pH to something like 5.5 it should lead to no more gases. Can someone think of a way to do this 8)? I guess the saliva has to be attacked from its source. Do we have a saliva expert in the house? We need something radical, but if we can work this one out surely it would be the ultimate solution.

(Katz & Co, if you read this, feel free to steal the idea ...but hurry up, you cnuts.)

Yours,
Karl

hello, im writing you because i have halitosis as well and recently ive been trying a new treatment. So far its worked better then anything else so i want you to try it and tell me what you think. First you need a sonic toothbrush and a tongue scraper. Heres what i do. First i scrape my tongue as far back as possible. then i rinse with 3% hydrogen peroxide. The peroxide tastes kinda bad but ive gottin used to it. You have to rinse with the peroxide for as long as possible. it will foam up. let it soak in as long as possible and as far back as possible. once i spit it out i brush my teeth and tongue with the sonic toothbrush. i rinse my mouth out with water and then i rinse with the peroxide again for as long as possible. the second part to this is you need to buy the smartmouth rinse which is a two part rinse. the smartmouth rinse is the tri oral rinse but with a new name and you can buy it at walgreens now. But the catch is i only use the green solution. this is the one with zinc chloride. after youve rinsed with peroxide for the second time dont rinse with water. put 4-5 pumps of the green solution from the smart mouth rinse in a cup rinse with it while your mouth is still filled with the foam from the peroxide. sometimes i'll wait 5 minutes and then rinse with peroxide again and then the green solution again. not only has this been the most helpful but its also been the cheapest. i guess its up to you if you want to use the white bottle as well from the smart mouth rinse but i just throw it out, but there might not be any harm in using it. i really dont know. this has helped for me so i just stick with it. try it and email me back, [email protected]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic