Your Email Address:

First Name:

Has anyone tried the laser operation??

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
smileguy

Post by smileguy »

Jess its really simple go to your doctor get them to look and see if you have crypts or not.If you dont have crypts the laser will be of no benefit.But first go to the dentist and see if you have any pockets around your teeth.I had pockets around three of my teeth and when I flossed those teeth was it ever smelly. since the laser of the gums on those spots zero smell from the floss.I probably sound like a broken record but here it goes again priority number1 rebalance the flora in the mouth priority number 2 get rid of all pockets where the bacteria can live.How you do those two points is entirely up to you,but until you do those two steps your bb will not go away.If you dont have smelly floss there is a good chance you dont have pockets around your teeth.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

so smileguy did your bb go away completely?

about flossing i only have smelly floss on one teeth, but it is not for repairment, all my teeth are fixed and my dentist always says to me my teeth are totally ok

i will really strart to eat probiotics for few month and see how it goes

smileguy you brough tback the hope I completely lost somehow
or it will be another never ending circle

how do you remove the pockets? and is te smell the only sign to have pockets??
smileguy

Post by smileguy »

I dont know if the bad breath has gone away because my throat is sore .I honestly think I got rid of most of my bb before the laser.I got the laser to get rid of that littlr bit of bad taste I had sometimes in my throat and that bad taste is gone although I wont know for sure until my sore throat goes away.
Thats great to see your going to start probiotics again just make sure you take ones that will actually work,do your research.
I have been thinking how I could explain myself in words to get my point accross and I have come up with one example Before I got the laser done before and after I brushed my teeth my mouth feels the same it never feels gross just neutral all the time.
As for taking probiotics even if you only got relief by 20% get excited that you know that your problem is bacteria and just keep increasing your probiotic one more each day maybe some people will need 500 billion but keep increasing until it goes away dont stop for anything or you could start at the most potent probiotic right away vsl#3.
As for pockets if you have smell around a tooth you have a pocket its the only way the bacteria can builup.The dentist can check with a device that looks like a pen that checks for depth of your pocket.Theres only 2 ways to fix it one is laser the other is a skin graph from the roof of your mouth
I hope I answered all your questions and I especially hope I inspire you(jimi) to push through this and give it all you can.
On a side note I would wish someone would try taking three packets of vsl#3 a day for three days and I bet you it would get rid of your bb.
WhAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE BUT THREE DAYS OF WAITING TO SEE
me
Advanced

john

Post by me »

Hi to all, I receantly have found that my breath smells like feces, after researching I also have found that few people has gott cure of this problem, so to Smile guy u seem to be one of the lucky ones, would u mind writing a little resume of all the things that u have done in order to get better, i dont mean to bodder you but this would really help get me on track of what i have to do in order to get better, also another question for all the people in this fourm as i said beofre im new to this problem so i saw the first doctor to treatme of this today and he gave me levaquin do u guys think it could help at all?

thanks to all!!
baguio
Advanced

Feedback on probiotics please...

Post by baguio »

I would be grateful if those that tried the probiotics in the last couple of weeks could post back some feedback. I tried probiotics a few years ago - and I didn't feel that they were helping on the bad breath front. Having said that, perhaps I didnt use the right ones or maybe I didnt use enough.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

VSL#3 doesnt seem to be available in Europe - unless someone here can tell me different. I would feel a little better about ordering it up if someone could demonstrate any indication that it may be assisting in lifting BB - given the price of the stuff!!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

Thanks for that Jimi. I have just ordered up Udo's choice Lozenges - which smileguy listed as part of his regime. I will give them a try first and see if they have any effect. In the meantime, if anyone uses vsl#3, please post the outcome on this thread.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

i will probably try vsl

but do not give up, maybe bb can get worse at first and after thata better. DO not give up.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

Jimi wrote:i will probably try vsl but do not give up, maybe bb can get worse at first and after thata better. DO not give up.
Giving up? Wouldnt hear of it Jimi! =;
Although these days I tend to mix it. I try and live with it and make the best of things. At the same time, I like to keep trying new solutions. Havnt done so in the last 6 months due to being busy with other things but I have time again. I have to complement you on the site. I have had the idea of a website like this at the back of my mind - one that can provide a central point for all the strands that people are pursueing in their quest to overcome this disorder. Good on ya! =D>
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Thank you

Welcome to our community my friend

Right now I am exirementing with mega doses of vitamins and also raw food for around 6 months.

I hope something useful will come up and someday i will be able to write I am cured

[-o<
sonoitarick
Total Newbie

I did it

Post by sonoitarick »

Ok, I had the laser op done. I saw the post from Dr. F concerning a Dr. Krespi in NY and went to see him on the west side of Manhattan. He's an ear/nose throat guy and says he knows Dr. F.
Dare I say it-I actually think it may have worked! I will provide another post maybe in another month after I'm sure. I had it done about 3 weeks ago. The Dr. acknoweldged my bb problem (but said he'd smelled worse) and said I had the crypts, buteplayed down the laser op as a cure. First he made me get a CAt scan of my sinuses which came back saying I had a deviated septum and nasal polyps too. So he scheduled the op for the sinuses to fix the septum and clean out the polyps (which he said may also be a cause of bb) and at my insistence agreed to do the tonsillar crypts at the same time. He classified that part of the op a "tonsillectomy by laser" and my insurance paid for it.
I had to have general anasthesia and I was out during the process but I don't know if you have to be out if just the laser gets done to you.
After the op I was miserable for a few days b/c they stuffed all kinds of bandages all the way up my nose b/c of the sinus part of the op. As for my throat I felt pain like a really bad sore throat for about 10 days. But all the pain is gone now, and I'm almost back to normal as far as being stuffed up like having a cold.
Mind you I was never able to really smell my bb except on a few occasions. But I feel now that a "presence" that was there before is gone now. I can't describe it but maybe u know what I mean. Maybe I only notice it now b/c its no longer there. I certainly smell nothing no matter how hard I try.
And I've slowly been trying a little bit of close talking and guess what? No reaction! No recoiling, no putting their hands over their mouths. Even my wife (who doesn't know the real reason I had the op) and I can have pillow talk and I don't have to turn my head, I can look her right in the face!
ANyway its early yet and it could all just be wishful thinking so that's why I'll post again after a while. I still can't get used to this close talking stuff after a lifetime of trying to keep people at a distance b/c of this problem, or turning my head, etc. I'll try it more and let you know.
If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them. One guy asked (thanks for the PM) about photos of the before and after. I'll check and see if I can get them.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

that is great

how much did you pay for it

and was your breath really bad before?

Do oyu still have tonsils?

I am so happy that my site may be the reason of your new way of living, wthout the bad breath, something I am trying to do for so long.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: I did it

Post by Jimi Stein »

sonoitarick wrote:Ok, I had the laser op done. I saw the post from Dr. F concerning a Dr. Krespi in NY and went to see him on the west side of Manhattan. He's an ear/nose throat guy and says he knows Dr. F.
Dare I say it-I actually think it may have worked! I will provide another post maybe in another month after I'm sure. I had it done about 3 weeks ago. The Dr. acknoweldged my bb problem (but said he'd smelled worse) and said I had the crypts, buteplayed down the laser op as a cure. First he made me get a CAt scan of my sinuses which came back saying I had a deviated septum and nasal polyps too. So he scheduled the op for the sinuses to fix the septum and clean out the polyps (which he said may also be a cause of bb) and at my insistence agreed to do the tonsillar crypts at the same time. He classified that part of the op a "tonsillectomy by laser" and my insurance paid for it.
I had to have general anasthesia and I was out during the process but I don't know if you have to be out if just the laser gets done to you.
After the op I was miserable for a few days b/c they stuffed all kinds of bandages all the way up my nose b/c of the sinus part of the op. As for my throat I felt pain like a really bad sore throat for about 10 days. But all the pain is gone now, and I'm almost back to normal as far as being stuffed up like having a cold.
Mind you I was never able to really smell my bb except on a few occasions. But I feel now that a "presence" that was there before is gone now. I can't describe it but maybe u know what I mean. Maybe I only notice it now b/c its no longer there. I certainly smell nothing no matter how hard I try.
And I've slowly been trying a little bit of close talking and guess what? No reaction! No recoiling, no putting their hands over their mouths. Even my wife (who doesn't know the real reason I had the op) and I can have pillow talk and I don't have to turn my head, I can look her right in the face!
ANyway its early yet and it could all just be wishful thinking so that's why I'll post again after a while. I still can't get used to this close talking stuff after a lifetime of trying to keep people at a distance b/c of this problem, or turning my head, etc. I'll try it more and let you know.
If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll try to answer them. One guy asked (thanks for the PM) about photos of the before and after. I'll check and see if I can get them.
Would you consider writing a bigger story that I could put on my front page and that it would be more visible to others. Maybe a page or two?

I am really happy for you, I've read your 1st post and your life was miserable as mine is??

Please write a story for all of us.
Thank you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic