Your Email Address:

First Name:

Appointment with GI DOCTOR.

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
wnaysha
Master

Appointment with GI DOCTOR.

Post by wnaysha »

Hey everyone,

just wanted to keep you guyz updated on the tests I'm doing. I had an appointment today with a GI doctor, she is very confident, and smart, so thought she might be interested in finding out what's causing this bb.

I told her about everything n also showed KT's pictures,

Before going there I didn't even brush my teeth right, ; )
because I wanted her to smell my breath and believe me, so this time I was trying very hard to make her smell my breath, and luckily she was reacting in the beginning, and she said everything will be ok :P and she gave me three different tests to do.

1. endoscopy----the old one was too old.

2. Blood test---

Panels/Profiles
*basic metab, panel
*Hepatic Function
*CBC w/platelets & diff

C-reactive protein
Ferritin
Folate
Iron & TIBC
Sed Rate
TSH
Vit. 1.25D
Vit. B12

Celiac Disease
*Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase/antibody IgA
*Total Serum IgA

Inflammatory Bowel Disease
*ASCA (Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae Antibody), IgA and IgG
*pANCA (Anti-Human, Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody) IgA

3. Gastric emptying scan ( I will eat a sandwich, in it will be something that will detect whether there's any blockage in my GI tract, n see how long it takes the food to get digested)

I made 2 appointments, one for gastric emptying, and blood test on 12/8, and the other one for endoscopy on 1/7/10

SO......

Let's see what happens. [-o<

KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

WOW, that's really great wnaysha! I'm so glad you're doctor is taking you seriously and determined to help you find the cause of your bb! That's really encouraging to a lot of people. What did she say when you showed her my pics?

Let us know what your results are. :D
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Well done, wnaysha!

I just hope your doctor doesn`t give up too soon, because I am pretty sure these tests will not give the answers.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

KT,

That's why she wanted me to do the endoscopy, because she wanted to make sure my esophagus didn't look like that, my previous doctor didn't take a biopsy, and the tests weren't clear to her. so she wanted to check it clearly this time, and she also said i might be allergic to something that's commonly consumed, like bread, or something like that.

@ iva, she said instead of acid I might have bile reflux, but she wanted to make sure, and for the first time, she checked my stomach and intestines by pressing on it.

I'm happy she knew what i was talking about. even if she does't find the cure, I feel way better than before, because at least she understood me, and she felt responsible, and confident to solve it, and for the first time my doctor spent a few minutes to think, she was thinking so deeply, none of my doctors did that, lol.

I think its always good to go to a doctor whose personality is like yours, that way its easier to understand eachother, and you can get things done quicker. O:)
wnaysha
Master

To keep you guyz updated

Post by wnaysha »

My endoscopy went well yesterday.

as i have mentioned earlier, my doctor is very understanding and smart, so I think she talked to another doctor about me and they both did the endoscopy together, to see if they can figure out what's wrong. The other doc checked my tongue and mouth to see if there's anything wrong.

She took biopsy to check for candida, but candida was not seen clearly, infact my esophagus was very clean, clear and healthy, but gastritis was seen in stomach, and she also said i have H pylori.

At the end all she told me was "I am waiting for the biopsy results, go make an apt. for next week, I HAVE A PLAN FOR YOU."

n thats it. I am very hopeful right now, let's see what her plan is, inshallah it will be my cure. [-o<

I found this picture to be exactly like my stomach. Its the second picture on the page.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 8%26um%3D1
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

I don't know what's wrong with this site, my posts aren't showin up : /
clelandjones

Post by clelandjones »

Wow, looks like you have a great doctor. Hope things turn out great for you!
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

hey can you pm me the results.. what did your doc find??? i am curious .. pm me plz because i will probobly forget to check this thread .
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

hey bbsux,

if you hear on this can you please let me know too. he never posted anything on the results that time but came back like a week or 2 ago saying he was cured simply by the diet (he wasnt sure about posting his cure or not hmmm). would be great to know more details on the whole process of how he figured out to be cured by his diet, but he might now never be back here, or maybe until bb is back. people!
john
Junior

Post by john »

i had a gastroscopy an hour ago. everything was normal. no hiatal hernia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic