Your Email Address:

First Name:

worst day of my life so far

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
95_E38
Total Newbie

worst day of my life so far

Post by 95_E38 »

Well today everyone at work found out why I don't like to talk. Before It was just a couple of people, but now that everyone knows they all treat me different. Now they all look at me with this face and a few of them are making fun of me. I just want to tell them to f#$% off, but that wouldn't make me any better then them. I don't know how much longer I can take it.

sandy
Junior

Post by sandy »

Just hang on, those people are not good enough for you.
One day hopefully soon there will be a cure for this.
unhappy
Total Newbie

Post by unhappy »

i feel the same way too. I just got a job and on the second day, colleagues laugh at me, sometimes give smirk face and cover their noses. :cry:
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

I'm I stay-at-home-mom now, but I used to teach fourth grade. I'am dreading going back to work someday. I think I will look for at-home work instead. Those kids could be brutal. I had many bad days. It was awful. At first they didn't realize it was coming from me, so they would blame each other and kids' feelings would get hurt. Then, they finally realized it was me and the kids in the front of the class would cover there noses with their shirts. When i would read them a story I would walk around the room and they would cover there noses and laugh or flinch when I walked by. If I had to talk to them up-close I would eat a few mints, and they would comment that it smells like candy which of course you are not supposed to have in a classroom. Kids would leave gum and mints on my desk before recess without me seeing them. Teachers would have mints waiting for me when we would have meetings. The list goes on...it was torture! I could never just be myself. I want to do and be so much more in this life, but it if things do not change it will have to wait for the next life. I know exactly how you feel. I try to focus on the good things I have, and the fact that I'm healthy otherwise. Things can always be worse.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

95_E38,
Do you mind if I ask you if you have a white/yellowish coating on your tounge, especially near the back? While there are other causes of BB, the coating could be a sign of an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria that live on the tounge. They are in the grooves between the papillae (taste buds) and they produce a protective coating on your tounge because exposure to oxygen kills them. They live without oxygen. These bacteria are almost impossible to get rid of because you can never kill all of them and they always reproduce. Scraping the tounge helps, but no tounge scraper gets all of the coating. You have to reach all the way back. After the scraping, you should also brush your tounge with Baking Soda & Peroxide toothpaste. (Same with the teeth) Don't use regular toothpase because it contains a foaming ingredient which feeds the bacteria. And don't use any mouthwash that contains alcohol because alcohol dries out the mouth and you need saliva in your mouth because it contains oxygen and helps to control the anaerobic bacteria.
The above advice assumes that you do not have an infection or other health problem.
BBRuiningMyLife
Total Newbie

Post by BBRuiningMyLife »

Phantasist,

OMG, I think that's it! Wow, I have that same exact problem. Everytime I brush my tounge and teeth, it is still there. I can't believe it. I had the worst day at school today. I mean, there's always people covering their mouths and noses, but today I just felt like I wanted to die. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating, but at the time, I really just felt like it was me against the world. I'm sure that's a feeling that a lot of people on this site have felt before. :(

But hopefully, THIS is what I've been looking for this entire time. If anyone else can help me with that whole yellow-white coating problem, PLEASE help me! My life is getting worse every day. I can't even talk to my friends and family sometimes. I'm only a teen. What if this stays with me forever? I don't know what I'll do with my self. My suicidal thoughts are getting me closer each day to actually wanting to do it. :cry:
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

BBRuiningMyLife wrote:Phantasist,

OMG, I think that's it! Wow, I have that same exact problem. Everytime I brush my tounge and teeth, it is still there. I can't believe it. I had the worst day at school today. I mean, there's always people covering their mouths and noses, but today I just felt like I wanted to die. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating, but at the time, I really just felt like it was me against the world. I'm sure that's a feeling that a lot of people on this site have felt before. :(

But hopefully, THIS is what I've been looking for this entire time. If anyone else can help me with that whole yellow-white coating problem, PLEASE help me! My life is getting worse every day. I can't even talk to my friends and family sometimes. I'm only a teen. What if this stays with me forever? I don't know what I'll do with my self. My suicidal thoughts are getting me closer each day to actually wanting to do it. :cry:

Pretty sure almost all of us get that whitish coating.

Even people without BB will often have it.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

@bbrml. some of us can even spend a good 20 mins and brush the whole coating off and walk around with a pink tongue for a couple of days without the bb reducing whatsoever. IMC the white tongue is just a 'decoration' in my mouth. My sister and mom also have it as bad as mine but dont have any bb at all. Dont know if it started when i had bb or was already their b4 coz... When youre bb free and have never even had a second when u thought about chronic halitosis, the last think u'd spend time doing is checking the colour off your tongue in the mirror. Don't remember if was ever been pink in the first place.
BBRuiningMyLife
Total Newbie

Why is it that once you think you've has the worst day ever, the next day seems even worse. Today I was at a College Fair with over 500 people, and I was so afraid to even breath while walking around the aisles. I was so sad the entire time (an hour and a half), mostly because I was afraid to talk to any of the college representatives. Now my BB is affecting my future as well as my present life. Some people I felt were covering their noses and what not, even though I didn't even know them.

My BB is becoming more depressing for me by the day. One of my closest friends in school laughed at me yesterday when some kid made fun of me for it in class, then today that same friend almost made fun of me about it himself. I feel so disgusted with myself. I don't know how much longer I can take this. Everytime I scrap my tounge, I can never fully cure it no matter how far back I go. And somehow I feel like soon everything will get even worse.

I feel like crying about it in the bathroom of my school sometimes, but I can't because if people see me crying, then they'll have more of an excuse to bother me. :cry:
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

BBRuiningMyLife wrote: My BB is becoming more depressing for me by the day. One of my closest friends in school laughed at me yesterday when some kid made fun of me for it in class, then today that same friend almost made fun of me about it himself. I feel so disgusted with myself. I don't know how much longer I can take this. Everytime I scrap my tounge, I can never fully cure it no matter how far back I go. And somehow I feel like soon everything will get even worse.

I feel like crying about it in the bathroom of my school sometimes, but I can't because if people see me crying, then they'll have more of an excuse to bother me. :cry:

You need to spend some time alone for awhile. Stress is no doubt making your BB worse than it is, and some time alone will give you the room to relax and biologically become at ease. You'll feel better, as if you're ready to join the outside world since you've been alone for awhile. When I get a few days to myself, I end up feeling better because I'm not forced to be around others.. it just helps me relax.

You might want to not visit this site for awhile either. Take a break, this site can be depressing too.

Between the Oral Irrigation Machine thread (viewtopic.php?t=2057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) and the Epic Baking Soda Gargle thread (viewtopic.php?t=3431), there are more good things going on in here than usual. Have you tried either of these? Doesn't sound like a cure, but it might be something you want to add to your routine, it might help you!

Hang in there. When you have your head on straight, start putting together all your symptoms, then we can figure out a plan for you. :)
BBRuiningMyLife
Total Newbie

Thanks. I'll try my best to get some time alone. I'll let you guys know how it goes in a few days. :) :-k
BBRuiningMyLife
Total Newbie

So...

So I'm back from taking a break from everything, including this site as well. I've been on Spring Break from school this past week, and tonight is my last night. Tomorrow is my first day back from school and I can honestly say that I already am depressed just thinking about it.

I know how this feels because every time I have some sort of a break or period of free time to myself, I always come back from it and end up getting depressed again. I fear that this is what will happen tomorrow morning.

I have been trying the Gargle Baking Soda Method for a few days now, so it's been yes/no for me. The first day was good, no BB until about 4-5 hours in, probably b/c my mouth had nothing to eat that morning, so it became really dry. But after that, it has been pretty much the same. My BB goes away for a few hours, but then it comes right back. :(

I gargle for about 15 minutes per day. I don't wanna use all of the baking soda up too fast, but I feel like it's my only choice.

I will continue this method for the next 5 days. I will keep you guys posted with my results soon.

I am also trying to find a way to tell someone, mainly my parents, about my BB problem soon, so they can understand what I've been going through. I just don't know how. [-o< :(
deebo

white tongue

Post by deebo »

Consider how Long your tongue is . You only see like 1/2 of it if you stick it Way out . SO I don't really believe scraping and brushing the tongue fixes BB. What causes it to come back?? Thats the key to look into . And the white stuff isn't just on the tongue,,it can be in the tonsils , throat, nasal area, All that. Oxygen doesn't kill it all or all we'd have to do is breathe bb away or keep our mouths open .

With that said, light scraping , brushing can temporarily cut down the mouth funk , but our mouths (bodies) are just ready to make More. But why more?
mike987
Super Angel

Re: white tongue

Post by mike987 »

deebo wrote:Consider how Long your tongue is . You only see like 1/2 of it if you stick it Way out . SO I don't really believe scraping and brushing the tongue fixes BB. What causes it to come back?? Thats the key to look into . And the white stuff isn't just on the tongue,,it can be in the tonsils , throat, nasal area, All that. Oxygen doesn't kill it all or all we'd have to do is breathe bb away or keep our mouths open .

With that said, light scraping , brushing can temporarily cut down the mouth funk , but our mouths (bodies) are just ready to make More. But why more?

Maybe Oxygen can't penetrate biofilms.. So there are bacteria within or beneath the biofilm that continue to go wild and reproduce rapidly despite our deepest breaths.

I like that you're trying to come up with solutions and asking questions.. I'm almost about ready to start doing my own lab-like experiments and maybe at least try to examine and identify bacteria in my mouth that may be different from others.
deebo

Re: white tongue

Post by deebo »

mike987 wrote:
deebo wrote:

Maybe Oxygen can't penetrate biofilms.. So there are bacteria within or beneath the biofilm that continue to go wild and reproduce rapidly despite our deepest breaths.

I like that you're trying to come up with solutions and asking questions.. I'm almost about ready to start doing my own lab-like experiments and maybe at least try to examine and identify bacteria in my mouth that may be different from others.
yep , cant wait for the day like in some sci-fi shows ,you just plug a sample of spit or stool or whatever into a home computer and Bam . Answer . We already have the technology i bet ,but that of course would take money$ from the medical Dr who like to gouge us.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic