Your Email Address:

First Name:

I'm starting a new job on Monday, scared to hell

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
compor
Advanced
I'm starting a new job on Monday, scared to hell

Post by compor »

Hello everyone,

First of all this is a great site, thank you Jimi.

I have BB for more than 5 years. When I first realized it, it didn't bother me much cause I thought it to be temporary. However, as the years passed it got worse. I tried so hard to cover it when I was with my last girlfriend (we broke up about a year ago for a different reason). Gums, mouth spray, mouthwash, and everything else you can think of. I couldn't enjoy the time I spent with her. It's like I'm living in hell. Even after a complete ritual of mouth cleanup, BB comes back in 30 minutes. I have to control myself all the time, cause I hate to see that weird reaction in people's faces after I talk. In my last job, I was like a mute. Some people come and ask me why I don't talk. A few of them have never heard me speaking at all.

I quit my last job for a better one which I'm starting on Monday. I'm pretty comfortable and confident on the phone, guess that's the reason I got this new job. Yet I'm scared to hell now, cause I will have a lot to learn in the first few months which means I will need to ask questions etc. I will probably try to go brush my teeth on every chance I got, still it won't last even 1 hour. This is quite hard to explain it to someone else, but I know you DO understand.

My dentist says my teeth are fine. I've seen people with horrible dental hygiene. For example, there's this guy in my last job who has terrible teeth, cavities + gingivitis, yet he doesn't have BB and he is 10 times more self-confident than me.

Honestly speaking, if I had enough money in the bank so I won't need to work ever again, I would just stay home. It's too painful out there. It hurts to be around people.

malory
Master
Post by malory »

Hi Compur
You must have got your job after doing an interview or meeting someone face to face I imagine, so... either you don't smell quite as bad as you think or you are so good at what you do that you were employed totally on merit. This is good news either way.
Thanks to Jimi, if you browse this site you may eventually find a cure and, in the meantime, you'll find lots of people who offer you support and best wishes.
Try to relax 'cause stress makes your breath worse (high cortisol levels in blood and the mouth drying out). My bb increases dramatically at work or in any situation of stress such as talking to people other than immediate family or practitioners. My nose starts running instantly if someone at work needs to talk to me. I'm certain stress makes my bb so much worse so do something (yoga, swimming, massage, hypnosis) to make the day before work relaxing and don't fall apart if you get reactions - halitosis is not a crime.
Good luck in the new job.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Thank you malory,

It's nice to talk to people who are experiencing the same problems. BB is curable for some people, it might not be tomorrow but it will be cured when the correct method has been applied.The sad part is, rest of us just have to live with it. Well, life ain't easy. :?
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

update after day 1:

I avoided all kind of bb-favoring foods on weekend, did a complete cleanup on Sunday night and Monday morning and went to work. I checked my breath about every hour and it was pretty good. Got a salad for lunch. By 16:00-17:00 my bb was coming back, tongue-brushing helped.

For dinner I went out with a friend and picked a meal that has about %10 minced meat. In about 10 minutes my bb went crazy, I honestly felt my mouth got dirty.

Go vegans!
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hi compor. One question, what are your methods to determine your breath condition at a given time? I just want to know; because mine is not reliable anymore (i.e licking the wrist or putting my finger on the far end of the tongue; then smelling it). I don't get the bad smell often now, but when I talk, I get the negative reactions. Thanks.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

Bad day 1. if your bb is not coming from your teeth, its almost impossible..No IMPOSSIBLE to smell the real offensive odor exactly as it is. SH&*t smell can be rendered as cheese to you while, well, sh*(t to others. your own garbage breath can be detected as a sweetish eggish slightly rotting burn sausage odor to you.

when taking your breath test, dont expect to catch a sniff off your real odor. Just a subunit and more volatile gas that doesnt adhere to your insides and make you unable to smell it unless in te common exeption, youre standing close to someone spawnin a strong perfume.

Lickin the wrist only worked before i had the molar that started all the trouble extracted. Cupping your hand behind a t-shirt or bedsheet and taking small deep lungy exhalations can be very helpfull and worked all the time for me on days when ive tried a ''cure'' and my mind has switched off the percievable odor following me around.

:| you can try that for starts .
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

Bad day 1. if your bb is not coming from your teeth, its almost impossible..No IMPOSSIBLE to smell the real offensive odor exactly as it is. SH&*t smell can be rendered as cheese to you while, well, sh*(t to others. your own garbage breath can be detected as a sweetish eggish slightly rotting burn sausage odor to you.

when taking your breath test, dont expect to catch a sniff off your real odor. Just a subunit and more volatile gas that doesnt adhere to your insides and make you unable to smell it unless in te common exeption, youre standing close to someone spawnin a strong perfume.

Lickin the wrist only worked before i had the molar that started all the trouble extracted. Cupping your hand behind a t-shirt or bedsheet and taking small deep lungy exhalations can be very helpfull and worked all the time for me on days when ive tried a ''cure'' and my mind has switched off the percievable odor following me around.

:| you can try that for starts .
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

hey bus, thanks.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Hello bad day 1,

Sorry for the late response, I was pretty busy this week. Most of the time wrist-licking works for me. It's always the first method for me (make sure your wrist is clean). If I'm sure that I get no smell from my wrist, then I go try it on other people. Got no bad reaction so far. Which means, my experiments has proven that if wrist smell is good, my breath is good.

Today at lunch I had to eat tuna sandwich. My breath was terrible even after cleanup.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic